TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 24, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 24, 2015 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I just read that Jessa is pregnant.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
http://www.people.com/article/jessa-duggar-seewald-pregnant-expecting-first-child-ben

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
People has a photo. She is due Nov. 1, their 1st wedding anniversary. Her baby bump looks so big for being a first time mom and only being 3 mos. along, at most. depending on when pic was taken.

This announcement made me quite sad. Without ever using any birth control, their lives (the Duggar kids and their offspring) are bound to really struggle with poverty when the tlc gravy train dries up. Jim Bob and Michelle have brainwashed them into thinking it is a complete sin to use birth control. J and M did not grow up this way, and have now raised 19 kids in a cult with such detrimental thinking/actions regarding a lot of things.
:-(

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Happy, not necessarily. I used b/c for only the first few months of my marriage. For the remainder of my child bearing years I did not and only have 2 children. They believe, as I did, that GOD gives you the children you should have and no more, whether it's one or 21.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Regardless of your personal opinion, it is their choice to make (and prior to the TLC show the Duggars did not seem to be living a life of poverty - certainly not the splendid home they have now but they seemed to be able to pay their bills and were not on public assistance).

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It's her second trimester according to the article. That would be 6 mos.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think the article said she is in the beginning of her second trimester (which would be starting on her 13th week). If she was at 6 months she would have gotten pregnant in October...and they didn't get married until November, right? I seriously doubt a couple who wouldn't even kiss before they got married would be doing the dirty deed beforehand (of course I could be very wrong).

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It occurs to me if every Duggar offspring elected to use the "first initial the same" naming standard set by their parents it would get pretty sparse alphabetically by the time they get to little Josie...and then take into account that Jill's baby's name starts with an "I" - she will have to get really creative if she tries to duplicate her mom's number of children!

Martyc

05-09-2011

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Martyc a private message Print Post    
How do these people support themselves. Not the parents but the married children. I haven't read that any of them have gone to college and have never read anything about what the son or the girls husbands do for a living.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Isn't Jill a midwife? And Jana too perhaps? Jana has been talking about going to college.

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
Josh works in Washington DC, not sure as what. And Derick (Jills hubby) works at the Walmart Corporate office == accounting I think. I'm not sure what Ben does, I do know he goes to school at a Community College. I think TLC helps them with living costs...but that gravy train will end at some point. I hope they have a future plan for finances!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
From what I just read Ben has an associates degree in political science and is planning on becoming a minister.

I read the same thing about Derek working in the accounting department at Walmart.

Alwayzmovin

11-06-2003

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alwayzmovin a private message Print Post    
Josh is a lobbyist for the Family Research Council in DC, which is a well-known hate group against LGBT.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Before their engagement, Ben was Jim Bob's personal assistant/helper/handyman. Not sure why frugal Jim Bob would hire him to do what he can have his children do for free. Or maybe he paid Ben in room and board. Maybe he still is Jim Bob's assistant.

Jill and Jessa have probably received quite a bit of money from various magazines and maybe TLC pays all the 18 and up kids. Maybe not though. I can see Jim Bob receiving all the TLC $.

Anyway, it seems their primary jobs right now are reality tv stars.

Jill is a student midwife. She is still a student. She may not continue her education now that she is a mom.

It is mentioned (on Duggar website or Facebook maybe?) that Jana is a concert pianist. I think that was probably Michelle embellishing. She was a Doula for awhile, but that was probably so that Jill would have an accountability partner as the girls, at least and maybe also the boys, are not allowed to go anywhere alone until they are married. Even if they are 18 and older.

John David has or has had a towing company and is also a pilot, he flies the small plane that the Duggars own. I think Joshiah is a student pilot. John David is also a constable, I don't know if that is a volunteer position though.

Joseph is a student at Crown College near where the Bates live. It is a very strict Christian college with many rules quite like the rules the Duggars impose on their non married kids (including age 18 and up kids).

They also get paid for speaking engagements, Jessa has been a speaker at some convention/conference (for southern women?) recently. Actually Ben was a speaker there as well.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
youtube video of Duggar photo shoot for People magazine's World's Most Beautiful People

Michelle really looks great and way younger than she looks on the show. I hope she keeps this hairstyle. The girls look very pretty as always.

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
The girls and the parents have written books as well and they have had great success with that. They have never been on public assistance and I don't see the kids going that way either. They are all well educated and I see them each doing just fine with or without TLC.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Is there some evidence that the Duggar kids are well educated?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Is there any evidence that they are not?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed watching the Duggars Get Married special last night especially with the interviews with the married couples. Josh and Anna have a nice, comfortable easy way between them. I love the teasing between them.
One thing i notice with all the interviews, all the kids seem to have fun senses of humor.
I liked hearing Josh and Anna talk about not spending large amounts for a wedding. They seemed very frugal in their choices.
Even with the very first documentary on the family, they have always stressed 'buying used and saving the difference'.

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
I swear these couples look at each other and get pregnant (and that's not meant to be snarky)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well they aren't using birth control and at that young age it is very easy to get pregnant.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Well, when you're in your prime reproductive age & you're having relations at least daily & not using birth control - what do you expect..........I'm surprised that it took Jesse & Ben 3 months to get w/child......

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing their education in science if iffy. I'm sure they can read and do math. I'm not sure they've had much education in the arts or literature .

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, April 24, 2015 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
As a general rule, those children who receive a homeschool education are as well educated, generally better educated, than those who have a public school education. Their education is broader and more encompassing as they don't have to spend weeks and months teaching to the test.

Often, if a parent teacher is lacking in a particular area (math, science, etc) they will bring in another homeschooling parent who is strong in those areas, or many belong to a homeschool co-op where more difficult disciplines are taught, such as calculus or trig, perhaps chemistry or other sciences.

Homeschooled students, generally, score higher on their ACT's and SAT's than those who receive a traditional public school education.

I don't think we should make an assumption that the Duggar children's education is lacking in any area.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 24, 2015 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Interesting. I recall hearing the opposite (though of course individual situations vary). Have you looked at any research on this?