TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 07, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 07, 2015 users admin

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I started a thread for Bringing up Bates.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'll bet the Duggers lost some sleep last night as Tontitown is in the NW section of Arkansas.

Other twisters formed along a line from southwest of Oklahoma City to east of Tulsa, and some touched down in the Ozark Mountains of northwestern Arkansas

Connies

03-11-2010

Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I am trying not to feel that I am the only one still enjoying the Duggars! Ha. I did enjoy the wedding the other night and the fact that they did their "own thing" and not identical to her sister. I enjoy watching this family, I think they are genuine and unique. Could I live that way? Probably not, but their faith is inspiring and the fact they have currently no drug addicts, alcoholics, or out of wedlock pregnancies is impressive out of 19 children.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
I liked the Wedding ceremony - I liked that Ben and Jessa shared their kiss alone - cudo's to whomever thought of that - there was so much spoken about "their first kiss" that doing what they did then gave some inkling of hope that maybe the other Duggar kids will chose to do their own thing...

Because it was really frustrating to hear Jim Bob go on and on about "giving his daughter away" like she was a possession and especially with all the talk about the first kiss ...

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I watched, and enjoyed it. Jessa is definitely unique in the things she chose, but that's part of what made it enjoyable.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Is "giving your daughter away in marriage" a Southern thing exclusively? That's what we always say here in Texas.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Derick posted today that Jill was starting contractions so a little Dillard isn't far away.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
didn't Jill predict a 4/05 birthday?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I don't think that phrase is exclusive to the south at all.

If she is really starting in labor and not just Braxton Hicks, I'd hope for her sake she has the baby prior to April 5. I'm sure April 3 would be a lovely birth day..

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
It's a 1st baby so who knows......

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Their family blog today says no baby yet and that the couple had good Friday lunch at a Mexican restaurant, hoping the spicy food would get things going. So doesn't sound like things are moving too fast.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Derrick has now updated that it was a false alarm and she posted about the Mexican lunch.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching the wedding episode. I had to laugh and wonder whoever in the world thought it was a good idea to serve chili at the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding.

It was a lovely wedding with its own unique spin.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
LOL OG - Chili. The wedding was very nice in it's own way.

I once went to a wedding reception where BBQ ribs were served. I managed to escape with only a small reddish brown handprint on the back of my dress left by a small child. The ribs were good though.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i wouldn't think it's so out of the normal if it's a casual rehearsal dinner.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
When you are feeding 200 people you have to pick something that will go pretty far! I would think chili might be a fairly reasonable and affordable meal, plus easy to make a whole lot of and easy to serve. Besides, wasn't it pretty cold?

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
At my wedding reception,we had a pig pickin'(not my idea). I live in N.C. so we don't do bbq, we do pig pickins. The way to tell if the pig is done cooking is when it's eyeballs pop. Pretty gross,huh? lol

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think I would want a meat thermometer on hand. lol

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
No to the chili for a large gathering that will be meeting again the next day. Too much 'methane' would be floating around. Pew!

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,
20912726,00.html?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

Jill and Derrick welcome baby Israel.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
http://www.people.com/article/jill-duggar-derick-dillard-baby-boy-born-israel-david-dillard

I think that link will work.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I thought the photo I saw was in the hospital. I wondered why she didn't/couldn't go through with the home birth? Although she looks happy she looks terribly tired.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
They may give us a quick update on Jill and baby at the beginning or end of tonight's show. (Like they did when they announced Jill was pregnant, so, not part of the regular episode.) I think I'll set my dvr to run over the show time a bit.

It looks like she has an iv plus a BP cuff on. Maybe she needed a c section. Or was induced. (I had hospital births with my 3, one was an induction but the iv was taken out shortly after DD was born.)

Baby Israel sure looks great for being at most only a few hours old! To me he doesn't even have that typical just born newborn look.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
That looks like a c section baby to me. It looks to me that they might have induced her labor and when it didnt progress, they may have performed a c section. That would be my guess from the couple of pictures I see.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Here's a video! All 3 look great! Baby is totally adorable and poor Jill sounds really super tired.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42LEp0hR-2g&feature=youtu.be