TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 22, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 22, 2015 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I do whenever I trip over it. :-)

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 5:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I do, Texannie, the new episodes on Tuesdays.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I would not harm any animal deliberately, it's not in my nature. But, I don't believe that cat was harmed not do I believe they set out to harm the cat. But that's me and I realize there's a whole army of people who believe animals have rights. I'm going to end what I have to say here because I don't think the pot needs further stirring.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
How many shows do they do a year?

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Around 12 I think. 2 half hour shows back to back each week, the wedding will probably be a 1 hour show and will be the "season" finale. TLC doesn't do many at once on any of their shows.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I listened to part of an interview of Jessa. She was doing the interview by phone. It may have been a Nashville radio station doing the interview.

They asked her about Jill and Derrick and "Catgate". She said the cat jumped out of the way and didn't get hurt. Or maybe she said didn't get hit. She said she knows the cat and he/she is fine. She said the hill is very uneven and Derrick did not mean to head towards the cat/wasn't aiming for the cat. Something like that.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Jessa's wedding will be shown in an episode soon. She actually got married in Nov. Jill could have her baby any day now, in real life. Her due date is this month. It's boy. I'm sure people.com will have the news online as soon as he is born. Maybe even when she goes into labor.

I do watch the show. Just to get a little hope that the kids will actually end up having happy lives. And I don't have much hope for that. For now all the kids may have it, but if none ever use birth control, they are going to be in bad shape in years to come when there is no TLC money to support them. They probably are not very educated and do not have a lot of skills to fall upon. I'm sure Josh's job with the hate group was only offered to him because his family was on tv. Of course I do not know for sure. I feel sad and worried for them all.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Missy- "I've never seen them show disdain for anybody, not in my opinion anyway. Disagreement, yes, but that's quite different from disdain." On the show they are painted lily white. But publically apart from TLC- they are very vocal about their disdain. The robo calls Mrs. Duggar did and the speaking rallies they do mostly anti gay talk and anti science musings....they are not good people. If they led their lives without trying to tear other peoples lives down- well, then I wouldn't care one lick about them. Bt NOPE, they have to go and publically try to infringe onto other peoples lives.

Kspepr

06-27-2011

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kspepr a private message Print Post    
I started watching the Bates family, now they have the same values but those kids are much more fun to watch cause they seem more like how children are actually raised. I am as far from the lifestyle of the Duggars as one can get but am still fascinated by them.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am not sure the majority of reality show tv watchers watch because they can relate to the characters. I am pretty sure I have nothing in common with the Kardashians, Real Housewives of Anything or even the contestants on Survivor or Amazing Race, but I watch. ok, more of Amazing Race and Survivor less Kardashian and Housewives. but i do.
With the Kardashians & Housewives it's like that train wreck you just can't turn away from, the Amazing Race/Survivor for the ability to make it through the obstacles.
The Duggars because they are fascinating to me because of the choices they had made.
Does it mean I agree/approve of or could do any of the things seen on the shows...no. But I still watch

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
Texannie, I know what you mean. We will watch gymnastics or diving and be critiquing every move. Like we could even come close to doing any of it ourselves. LOL

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
LOL beverleyc! so true.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't watch housewives.. I made it to the first couple of NY seasons, never have watched anything of the Kardashians (other than the OJ trial with the late Bob Kardashian and certainly not the Duggars.

But watching and approving are different things anyway. Just wish they didn't have this forum (the tv show, not our forum!)

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
"Catgate" addressed by Jessa Seewald on a Memphis radio interview. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivrfcz2DEWQ

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Monday, March 16, 2015 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
Ksp, what channel is the Bates on?

Kspepr

06-27-2011

Monday, March 16, 2015 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kspepr a private message Print Post    
Bd_dior it is on the UP channel. I have really enjoyed watching it, the kids are hysterical and really seem to enjoy each other, lots of teasing lol

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, March 16, 2015 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I've caught the Bates a cpl times when surfing & I like them a lot too. What is their tv schedule & do they rerun like TLC does?

Oxies_luv

05-13-2005

Monday, March 16, 2015 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oxies_luv a private message Print Post    
Bringing up Bates is on Thursdays.

Kspepr

06-27-2011

Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kspepr a private message Print Post    
I just saw that Bringing up Bates has a "marathon" this Sunday for anyone who wants to watch! It is a show that I've enjoyed as much, if not more, than the Duggars. I'll always enjoy the Duggars but it's fun to see this family as well!
Hope you all enjoy it like I do :-)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
What I enjoy about the Bates family too is that there is real hugging. The father doesn't just "side" hug his children. There seems to be a lot of good-natured ribbing between the kids, just like any other family.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads up on the Bates marathon.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I finally saw the vid of the cat and it happened so fast I couldn't make heads or tails of it. Pardon the pun. Seriously, I still think it was a VERY Stupid thing for them to do and am glad the cat is okay! It could have turned out very badly.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
We have U-verse tv. No UP channel. Kspepr, what tv providers have this channel?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We have Comcast and have it.

Kspepr

06-27-2011

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kspepr a private message Print Post    
Granjan.... I have Comcast. The Bates seem like fun, Michael (second oldest) even said she is giving her boyfriend a real hug cause she knows he's the one lol the two youngest are funny and the older kids all say how they get away with everything lol