TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 07, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: The Little Couple: Archive through January 07, 2015 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Right.. our group was confirmed and a couple of us who hadn't been baptized, were sprinkled prior to that.. the rest I guess were considered saved already.

Our church was in Detroit (in the 50s.. not sure when but sometime before I went back as an adult, that building was taken over by another sect and renamed from St James to St Mark's.

I wonder, since we all went to school from K-8 together if they wanted us to have this rite of passage before high school?

And indeed, we used grape juice, no wine. My mom would regale us with stories of her upbringing in the First Christian Church where they went to church several times a week (her mom was a vocalist and I think the organist), they were dunked and they definitely had communion more often than we did, and with wine. My mom told of how she and her sister decided to finish off all the little cups of wine, down in the church basement.. got in trouble for that.

Even back then there seemed to be different flavors of Methodist and Baptist.. regional I think. But I don't know. By then my aunt and uncle were Episcopalian and that was quite different, very close to Catholic in their services where we would visit. My grandmother on the other side went to a Friends meeting (Quaker) but didn't talk much about it. Her claim to fame at our church was setting the fur collar of her coat on fire when we had a recessional of the entire congregation from the Christmas Eve Candlelight service, each with our little candle in a votive glass holder.. she evidently got hers too close.. but my dad saved the day and we all had a good laugh.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh, I notices when Bill and Jen were asking Will about did he like school.. and he was saying no and then he said Daddy a couple of times.. interesting and I wonder if peer pressure (or Zoey) has led him to call Bill "Daddy" instead of BaBa.

I can see where he might be lead to feel it is babyish or different. Of course I think it is charming that the family wanted to use the Chinese names for Will's sake but I can see where other kids might give him a hard time. Who knows.

With Zoey it seems maybe she heard English before she was adopted, but they seem to use the English or actually with Bill they stuck with the Chinese name.

Zoey in the pool was definitely showing how she was when they first got her. Will is like a fish now..

I had already noted that those step stools were from Matt Roloff's company and of course Bill mentioned that this week.

Maggie could use some training.. or practice.. I noticed that Zoey said she loved Rocky ..

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, December 19, 2014 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Both kids are adorable but like in many families the kids have very different personalities. Will is the happiest kid on TV free spirited and Zoey more cautions and contemplative. I can see Zoey soaring in school both academically and socially were as I'm thinking Will will have a bigger adjustment because of how attached he is to Bill. It's all good and this family is a joy and inspiration to me. It might be time to loosen the apron strings a bit with Will. Either way I know Bill and Jen will do what is best for their beautiful children. Maybe while Bill recovers from surgery Will will take better to school since Bill won't be able to entertain Will as mightily as before and we all know Will loves action.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 19, 2014 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes.. I can see that they had to wait to get their kids so they were just so happy they spent that time, which is good, but there wasn't the normal time where the kids became a bit less dependent and then they are off to preschool.

My mom was home with us we didn't have preschool back then. I started Kindergarten at 4 (Feb and I was 5 in April) and was as I remember it quite happy to go off for half a day and walked to Kindergarten with my little boyfriend and his big sister. There was no possibility of driving us since Mom didn't drive. Things were simpler, I think and we lived in a neighborhood where we knew other kids, but preschool takes kids from home to a school setting directly.

Of course many kids now are in daycare and probably transition to preschool and then school from there.

I know they will be fine, though.

And indeed very different kids, each delightful.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight!!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I just smile and tear up through this whole show!!! they just warm my heart.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Can't wait.. it is on in an hour here. Watching the last show on my dvr (a repeat).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just watching my tape from last Tuesday when they did Zoey's Bday and the medical appointments.

LMAO, when Jen says put in your earplugs, and the doctor says I just got the death stare, hahahahahaha.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
This was a delightful episode. The kids being so rowdy and mischievous, and Jen was something else getting that party done. I think I smiled throughout the whole show.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Those 2 kids are too cute. Glad to hear them speaking soo well now in complete sentences. Zoey may scream and give those stares but she does goes along with what ever she has to do. She knows she doesn't have a chance not to. Loved the swimming lessons. Will takes to the water like a fish. Zoey will also. This is one of my favorite shows and look forward to it every week.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Does anybody know Bill's birth date?

Thank you

Debra

11-19-2003

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Looks like Bill turned 40 on October 13.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just love Bill.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Debra. I tried googling and wasn't able to find his birth date. So, tonight's episode was filmed October 13th. Happy New Year!

Debra

11-19-2003

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Happy New Year!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The show tonight is about his surprise birthday, plus TV Guide says the show at 8pm is an enhanced show. Not sure what that means it is the checkups and Zoey's bday.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
When you watch tonight's show make sure that you have a box of tissues handy. The kids and their pictures were just too cute and Bill's surprise B/Day party and the video Jen put together was real tears of joy. What a wonderful family but I'm sad that next week is the last show of the season. Hope Bill had a successful surgery and is on the mend or better yet....hope he is all better by now. It has to be 2 1/2 mos. by now.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 3:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
facebook.com/drjenniferarnold

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They are just so darling together, it was truly meant to be.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
On the enhanced show at 8pm, they show tweets from various people, comments from production and comments by Bill and Jen..

Towards the end, Bill commented that Zoey had seen Santa and after she cried, she told Santa she wanted a horse! LOL..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She get a horse of sorts..

http://instagram.com/p/xCJmpmq-TX/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Too funny when Father-in-law asked Will if he wanted to go and surprise dad, and he sais no, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Even though I know that Bill is ok, it sure is hard watching this surgery and knowing things could go wrong. I have never even heard of spine surgery, it sounds scary just to say it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
How interesting that Jen was working out the simulations for an Ebola breakout.

It was cool to watch their simulation, what hospital was it that had such trouble in Texas? This would be good PR to offset that bad situation.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
that was Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas. Houston hospitals were/are very well prepared.