TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 09, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: General Discussion (Various Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through February 09, 2015 users admin

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I too enjoy Kathy and Anderson - (there seems to be a lot less commercials!) they do seem like such an odd friendship! Each year she tries to top her "outrageous" behavior - (which I do not enjoy btw) This year she mentioned that if she is "outrageous" she doesn't get" the check" (i.e. she won't be paid for it!) So she clearly was more "normal" (For Kathy! lol) I do know that she is friends with Anderson and his mom (she goes to his mom's house, has lunches with her - and she does see Anderson outside of any scheduled appearances)

She did wear a very beautiful Fur coat, and explained it was an homage to Joan Rivers, as it was Joan's fur lent to her by Melissa, and she did mention taking over Fashion Police on Jan 12...

and Anderson had a HUGE Poster that said "I APOLOGIZE" for when Kathy would go "over the top"

I think she used the chalk dye on his hair, as the blue did come out very easily - red is always bad trying to get out - for things like white boards, too - - it was better than her twerking on him in a bikini imo!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't always like Kathy but I like her when she is with Anderson. They work well together and he balances her (LOL or at least he tries). It's one of the more entertaining and interesting New Year's Eve shows.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Is this the place to vote against Kathy Griffin, ha ha - count me against her, she is very sensitive to her pain but no one else's. And she has no problem making fun of kids - a negative to me, a big negative.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Oh look the Great British Baking Show is on PBS now! it says S1/ep1 2014

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
My PBS station (WNED)said this was going to start last Sunday, but it wasn't on and I don't see it listed again. Disappointing.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Our PBS is showing is starting this Monday, Jan. 5.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sunday on CNN they are showing the movie Life Itself, from Roger Ebert's memoir of the same title.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 11:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
At the end of the program in Chicago it said its on Sunday's at 9cst. And to go to

http://www.pbs.org/about/news/archive/2014/great-british-baking-show/

For recipes, more info...

I just caught the last half hour,and the contestants were nice to each other, and one mentioned he was going to have "to practice that this week". Which reminded me of Master Chef Jr., the article someone posted talked how the kids had classes thru the week...

Here's ac/p. from link I posted above:
THE GREAT BRITISH BAKING SHOW will be available to stream through PBS stations’ video sites each morning after broadcast, including video.pbs.org, PBS station-branded digital platforms, such as ROKU, Apple TV and Xbox, and on PBS iPad and iPhone apps. Throughout the season, fans can visit PBS Food (pbs.org/food) to learn more about the contestants and get exclusive recipes, photos and video clips from the program. The program will also be available for digital download.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, January 02, 2015 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I recorded it as it is what the guide says was on but no dice. Plus I don't see it listed at all. Sadly I can't watch the streaming stuff either. I'll have to keep an eye out for it to pop up. I find that the other PBS stations show quite a lot of different things than this NY one.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 02, 2015 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My PBS station shows series premier at 11pm tonight (not new) and a mew episode at 8pm on Sunday.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the US version of the Baking Show and wish they would do it again in the summer. Thanks for the heads up on the British version.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Show 2 - I missed it, it was on at 7pm (I think) so I read the link and we do have the roku tv - so I searched, I first added PBS to "my channels" then searched PBS for The Great British Bake-Off, and I'm sitting here enjoying episode 2 "biscuits" (i.e. cookies!)

its such an enjoyable show!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Anyone check out Big Woman : Big Love? The first woman had a voice like a child. Her date was a jerk. I couldn't believe he recorded her bowling then showed her in slow motion and told her that her fat is hamburger and fries.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
The British Baking Show on PBS is so enjoyable - its truly about the cooking! They are down to 6... they have 3 rounds, then they announce the Star Baker, and the one to go home - - tonight it was a glimpse in to how they pick who goes home - I wondered - its as if the first 2 rounds mean nothing! Its just so odd at times!! But so enjoyable!

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
I keep missing the great british baking show. The one episode I did catch, the bakers appeared to be putting plastic wrap in the oven. I was very confused by that.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Lol mummy I thought the exact thing! I really enjoy this show as well, glad I could find it on my stations. Ready set Bake!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
For those of you watching Masterchef Canada the second ep is on Sunday at 7pm. on CTV

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
LOL-Mummy, I thought the same thing. They were actually proofing drawers. :-) This is such a pleasant show. So peaceful! I really love all the people on the show. I am glad that they don't eliminate 2 each show. I want it to last!!!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
they were putting plastic wrap between the pastry and the pie crust weights before baking.

The tortes and layered sponges they did, that was a lot of work. I'm glad no one went home.

Does anyone think that Diana didn't come back because of what she did to Ian's ice cream? Either by her own choice or production? I kind of wondered about it. I couldn't believe she just left it out because she thought he should have put it in another fridge. I was surprised by that.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I kind of remember that, but can't picture Diana. Older? Younger?

Here are the bakers. Link

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The older woman in yellow

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
Proofing drawers? Well, I won't be saying that 5 times fast!!!!

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Monday, February 09, 2015 - 12:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching THICKER THAN WATER/TANKARDS on Bravo?

I've always tried to choose my words when talking/even yelling at my kids (I am no angel), so that I am not calling them a name that would probably be red dotted here, but describing their behavior. From what I have seen so far tonight Ben Tankard didn't call his daughter a name, but called her behavior as looking that way.

What I have seen tonight is the same thing I have experienced. He described her behavior with a word (not one I would use) and it was interpreted as calling her a name so the message was lost.

I'm thinking it's a basic child/parent response. The kid, instead of accepting that their behavior is inappropriate by their parents standards and appears to others in a way that may make some people assume that it is more than it is, puts the blame on the parent by saying you called me a name.

Well, by the time I figured out how to word all of that, I may have figured out my answer, but I still want comments and suggestions.

Instead of 'this behavior is (fill in the blank).' I go with the other people will assume and label you as (fill in the blank) when you behave this way.

I had an altercation with my youngest the other day and when Hubby and I were finally able to discuss it, he questioned what happened from my point. I told him thats what you do when puppies don't behave.

Perhaps this is more a parenting conversation? I need new phrases and so does Mr. Tankard.

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Monday, February 09, 2015 - 2:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
I am talking/asking about mid teens, young adults. Hopefully by then they have learned the basics of right and wrong and that other kids/people can be cruel and have a desire to behave in the way they see themselves. Peer pressure that is made up when they are tweens and early teens can be ignored and proven wrong with choosing to ignore it (I know it's not that easy, but I am trying to get to a different question), but when they are older and examples can be used against them......how does the parent name the behavior without the kid feeling like the parent is calling them names.

This question obviously is not meant to include all labels/names. This is not a question about weight/height/medical problems/sexuallyity.

I just can't phrase this right. Regardless of the age you can help your child with their weight, but there will come a day when they want that to change. Height, not so much. Lifelong medical problems...you forge on and let the the bigots fall where they may. Same with the sexist.

Getting back to what I want input from is a boy that has found it to easy to jump from girl to girl. A girl that may be doing things that can create a reputation of being easy?

I give up.....I just can't phrase any of this right.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, February 09, 2015 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Basically are you asking for a better way to tell a child that her/his behaviour is or may be perceived as the town bike and promiscuous?