TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 28, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Home Improvement: HGTV - Remodeling and other Shows: Archive through January 28, 2015 users admin

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I used to really enjoy these shows. Then it got old. Like Carlpsmom said, the clients are all over the top. They became tiresome to me!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am LMAO at this women on House Hunters, she is saying she wants a 4000 sq ft house in Las Vegas for resale value, OMG, I am dying. She just wants it so she can appear more of a big deal. It shows in all her words and actions.

I keep watching the interior of the house going, do you realize how much money it will take to AC that house? Any clue the cost over time. Plus I think most people are getting a little more economical and going for smaller houses, ie tiny house movement.

Amazing, she wants a balcony, a pool, a lot of bling, a vanity area just for herself, a princess feel to the house. Amazing.

Oh and the date on the show is 2014, so they ought to have more sense after the last LV real estate crash.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I know Dipo. I'm in the business and we have a lot of people just like her. She probably doesn't even qualify for the loan.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
I love "Fixer Upper". The couple are folksy & remodel for peanuts. Imagine buying a tear down for $10,000. Only in Waco TX, not CA.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really enjoy that show as well, Vsmart. The prices are mind boggling for me but at least they say where they are unlike other shows who never say.

That always annoys me when I am watching a show and it sounds like you can do all this remodeling, then you find out that it has to be someplace where it costs considerably less for housing.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I love Fixer Upper too. The couple is nice, her design aesthetic is comfortable and their kids are adorable.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Plus they have goats, LOL!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I've met her before. She was very friendly, I like her style but just a wee bit too rustic or shabby chic for my taste.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Her makeup, especially her blush, makes me cry. But I like her designs. The show, though, is too cute by half. I don't need to see her middle aged husband acting foolish for the camera every week, nor do I need reminders of their brood constantly.

I'm just amazed how cheap the houses are, though. You couldn't get a studio condo in LA for the cost of a 4 bedroom home in wherever they are.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Fixer Upper tonight, they were pretty funny, and the house is turning out well. Can't wait to see the final look.

I love the brick walkway they put in, it really does add to the house and I was surprised.

Tishala, it really is amazing how cheap everything is!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Hey, real estate in Texas is (relatively) inexpensive. I remember when I first started watching flipping shows and they would show a shack in California that people in Texas wouldn't even use to keep livestock and it would sell for $400,000. How does anyone afford a house there?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I wonder that too. Seems their salaries would have to be 3-4 times what they are here in Tx. For instance the avg teacher's salary is about $50k. What do teachers get paid in Ca?

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
As someone who lives in California, Orange County to be exact, I laugh all the time when I see the very inexpensive houses with huge lots and they are complaining that they can see their neighbors and they want more privacy. I always say when it is a California location that people in the rest of the country must think we are crazy. Living here all my live I don't know any different. But I love where I live and yes we pay dearly for it. The incomes are not much different sadly.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I live in an area of the country that has a relatively low cost of living. When Californians move here they often pay cash for their homes because they sold their home in CA prior to moving. But then they complain about the wages... Ummmm... with the lower cost of living the inflated wages aren't necessary.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Most of us who live in normal neighborhoods in Texas laugh at those people too. Get serious people!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Californian sell their $600,000 fixer upper and move to Oregon to buy a huge house for less and still have left over money!

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I enjoy Fixer Upper also. They seem to have more down to earth clients (good ole southern folk!). I like that they don't have the tragic things happen to the design budget like on Love or List it.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, January 26, 2015 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
A reminder that Ellen Degeneres' new show on HGTV premiers tonight. How can you forget? They've been advertising it constantly.

I hope it's good. Ellen is a real property maven--one of the biggest among the celebs, along with Bradley Pittly, to whom she has sold some properties--and she has really good taste.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 26, 2015 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Tishala.

Panda

07-15-2005

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
How was the show? I forgot!

I watched a few episodes of Rehab Addict on Saturday and I really liked that they do a few episode over one house she's doing over.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Ellen's show has the same formula as the rest Top Chef, Runway.....but they are building furniture and they are given a carpenter. There are 6 contestants in total and 1 left last night.

I love furniture and I liked the show pretty well.....it's a formula. I thought the right person went home. Not sure I would have picked the winner....liked the 2nd runner ups piece more.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And they seem to be given a bunch of helpers in the background. I like that they are letting them design and not have to know how to build or do the building of the item.

I wasn't sure the right guy went home but then again, it is one of those shows that is totally dependent on the whims of the judges.

I did enjoy it.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Dipo, a piece of eye candy went home and that saddened my shallow self but he did that horrible wall hanging.

I was surprised that both "wall hangings" weren't the bottom 2. That chair looked uncomfortable...but sorta cool

The desk was awesome but didn't look comfortable and probably not all that usable in this day and age. The drawer/briefcase was cool but really who would use the drawer as a briefcase.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
I liked the desk because it brought back an "idea" of history ... and the amount of work that went into the piece was mind-boggling...

I think the extra carpenters are there to help .. not do all the work .. I think the "designers" have to do their own work... The guy that won this week (with the desk) ... owns his own company ..(He builds furniture out of old reclaimed wood) was the only one "recruited" by Ellen .. the rest applied to be on the show...

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Definitely, that desk was a virtual masterpiece given the task.