TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 19, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Jon & Kate Plus 8: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 19, 2014 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Loved the 10th birthday party. That woman sure is a hard worker. I was impressed with her explanation as to why she goes all out to celebrate especially the little kids bd parties.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I try and keep in mind that they do want drama and not warm fuzzy, I think Kate takes her job as mom seriously... there were a couple of times when she said a comment to the camera knowing that she'd get "slammed" for that, or I don't care what the response is that's the way it is...

SO when she was playing that soccer game, and she won, she was quite the debater to justify how and why she played - and I get that - there are a lot that agree with her - and I don't think it matters one way or the other - it made for a bit of drama...

I was so surprised she had so much junk food at the party! Cotton candy, hot dogs, funnel cakes, etc I wonder if it was a package deal. I was surprised there was so many parents wandering around it seemed she tries to control the "circus" atmosphere on her property - having a shuttle bus the kids in, not having a lot of cars dropping kids off... I thought that worked, because the kids were safe out running around playing games etc....

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I felt so bad for them all when that freak wind came up and blew a lot of their hard work into the pool.

Kathyb

05-17-2006

Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kathyb a private message Print Post    
We all seem to hold up moms we see on reality tv to some Perfect Mom standards. I doubt very many of us could meet those standards were our lives filmed. I believe that Kate was terrified that if she didn't keep a tight rein on her household, that it would fall apart. I couldn't have run as tight a ship as she did - I was a much more laid-back kind of mom. Had I had 8 kids so close in age, my 'system' would have failed miserably. I only had 3 and still sometimes there was chaos. My kids turned out great, as I'm betting these kids will. I'm sure Kate loves them and wants the best for them and they will end up knowing that.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
No kids at home any longer and I still find good organization makes my life a lot easier.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It's all about tone to me. If you compare how Kate runs her house, with sass and snark and smugness and just a brattiness about her, to how someone like that family with 19 kids runs theirs -- order but a high level of kindness! It's the tone that I find grating.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Like I said above, she isn't much of a warm fuzzy…but then neither am I.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, did I grow up in your house?! I love my mom because she kept six children always well fed and groomed. I remember feeling bad for kids whose homes were always messy. My mom was not a "hugger", she showed her love in other ways.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Brenda, well, remember you are only seeing what is shown.. of BOTH families. There is not much kindness involved in the religious movement the Duggars subscribe to. Not real inclusive.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah, agreed -- the uber religious cultish stuff is not my cup of tea at all. It was the only family I could think of. There was another family of multiples -- do you guys remember them? The one daughter was severely disabled, couldn't even see if I remember correctly. That would probably be a better example of a large family that was run with kindness and humor, not sass and snark. Just a more loving tone and not a "if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" kind of tone.

Seabreeze

09-05-2004

Monday, June 30, 2014 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seabreeze a private message Print Post    
That was the one with the dad a cop and they live in NJ

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Monday, June 30, 2014 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Table for Twelve. I really liked that show and they showed their kids a lot of love. If I had a choice I would pick that family over Kate anyday!!

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
You can uncross this, the show returns this winter. Just read it on People.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The kids first day going to school this year:

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow the dog has grown more than the kids, even..

06-29-2002

Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
OG - we need a link please, or we'll have to remove the photo. Thanks!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Sorry, here you go:
http://www.people.com/people/

<corrected link - 99>

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
This is a better addy for that photo:
http://www.people.com/article/kate-gosselin-tweets-first-day-school-pic-children

Florin

08-27-2006

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 11:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I saw online today that Jon has been evicted from his home.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, October 17, 2014 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry to see that. This new development is just another low blow for the kids to absorb. The man needs to get with the program before it's too late.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Saturday, October 18, 2014 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
Jon is lost without someone to order to him around.
That's not entirely what I mean, I mean Jon is the type that needs encouragement and someone to stand by him to help him get a good job if he really puts his heart into it. He used to be good with computers, that would be a start unless he feels it's beneath him. Who knows? He is a complicated guy.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Saturday, October 18, 2014 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I feel bad for Jon. I hope he can recover from this.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 18, 2014 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Did he break up with his fiancée? She was no support when they were on Couples Therapy. But I don't know if they lived together or not.

During Couples Therapy, he described himself as a "brand", so he wasn't wanting an actual job, just an occupation.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I maintained long ago, that Kate and Jon worked until all the press started criticizing Jon for 'putting up' with how Kate 'treated' him. He was more humiliated by that.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Jon is the kind of guy that needs a woman hen pecking him to get stuff done. He's basically pretty lazy when it comes down to it. They did work as a couple in the early years, then I think they each got $$$ in their eyes, she got a bit too high and mighty and he found solace elsewhere. If they hadn't been on TV, I bet they'd still be together.