TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 16, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Home Improvement: HGTV - Remodeling and other Shows: Archive through June 16, 2014 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't like Man Cave. I don't care for the host at all.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 03, 2014 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
SO boys are too big for the house, LOL. they should be moving on to college soon, and perhaps they should declutter and the boys could get a little discipline with their stuff.

Use the bathroom at different times, unbelievable.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 03, 2014 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
On the 8pm show, what the heck have these Homeowners been doing for the past eight years, LOL. I didn't see one DIY thing that they had done.

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
I cannot watch Love it or List it anymore. When the people talk about how they don't have enough room and storage I am just annoyed. Come on people, try getting rid of some stuff!!! I cannot deal with clutter any longer. The last couple of years I have been paring down everything at our house. It drives Hub crazy but he wont get rid of anything so I do it for both of us. LOL. I popped down to a neighbors house to take some food since the husband was recovering from surgery. All of the years I have never been inside their house and it was totally wall to wall furniture, piles of stuff and I couldn't wait to get out of there. I have just gotten very ocd about having too much stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I so agree, they always have a ton of junk they want to store and I always say, get rid of it. You can't organize clutter.

Maplsyrp, for me it was having to clean out my Mom's house. Once that happened I started to rid myself of excess, I don't want my sister to have to deal with a mess when I go. I find it is so much easier to clean and enjoy my house with less stuff.

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
Totally agree Dipo. I feel so much better about my home and myself with less stuff. When I started cleaning out I would ask myself if I wanted my kids to have to deal with it all when I was gone.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I crack up when the homeowners say the don't want light colored floors because it shows the dog hair, or they don't want dark floors because it shows the dirt and pet hair.

I have both color floors, light in the living room and cherry in the bedroom. I find that pet hair shows equally on both color floors. And I dislike my light floors because they streak more.

I think that you can hide pet hair with the color of your floors, you just need to sweep them, LOL.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I watched a couple of episodes of Rehab Addict last night... now I think I can install my own hardwood floors... how hard can it be???? (I'm pretty sure I can't)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahaha, I do enjoy that show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 07, 2014 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ahhhh, for once someone said people had bigger families and lived in this size house before, I don't see why we cant.

I wonder that all the time, but sometimes the families really are too big for the home.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 07, 2014 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Families also spent a lot of time outside, or when they were inside they were together in one room instead of in separate bedrooms with separate televisions or isolated in their own separate spaces with their phones! Then of course there were the front porches...I remember when I was a kid one Saturdays we got up, watched a few cartoons, cleaned the house under my mom's strict supervision and then we were sent outside to play until after my Mom had her nap. It was the same for all the rest of the kids on my block. Weather didn't really matter - if it was raining we played in the garage. My daughter would have passed out...lol!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally, they addressed the clutter factor, LOL. Hillary made the HOs come and clean out some of their junk before they could start the work. Their house was plenty big for 3 people. And what the heck is the deal with them not doing any maintenance on their homes, amazing to me.

I understand not remodeling but there are certain things that you have to maintain.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Monday, April 21, 2014 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Do you think they clutter the house at the beginning on purpose? You would think people would at least clean up a little knowing their house is going to be on tv. I get claustrophobic watching sometimes with things stacked so high!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 21, 2014 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I did read somewhere a while back that some of the shows do tell them not to pick up but that was Sell this house probably 10 years ago. Not even sure if that show is still around, LOL.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of it is set up on purpose. It is hard for me to believe that some of these HO's don't know about how their houses are practically falling down around them.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, April 21, 2014 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I recall my own home search and the stories my parents told of house conditions when they recently searched and bought. Yes, there are people who just live in their houses while it falls down around them. And no, they don't clean up, not even when they try to sell.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 21, 2014 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Brenda1966, I agree that people do live that way, but I find it hard to believe they all want to be on TV, LOL.

I remember one house I was looking at and we opened the door to the bedroom and someone was sleeping in it, LOL, really startled us.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 21, 2014 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok I am being judgmental but why do these People need a live-in nanny, LOL.
Double Duty Digs show.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I enjoy Love it or List it even though I know it is set up . . but for just once, I would love for the HO's to get what they ask for instead of half of their budget going towards some structural disaster, bad roof, or a broken furnace.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Me too, I would love to see a house actually get done for once, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am sorry but toys scattered all across the house sounds like a parenting issue to me, LOL. All of my friends with kids had toy pickup, by their children, as a part of the evening routine so the house wasn't trashed when they got up in the morning. Don't get that for some of these families (unless the kids are too young, and then they shouldn't have every toy in the house out).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Watching the love it or list where the 21 year daughter has come home and is demanding some private space, I say she should move out, get here own apartment and then she would have plenty of private space, LOL.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Friday, June 13, 2014 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I would like to know why on Love It or List It and Property Brothers, there is so much more spent for renos. Then, I watch Flip or Flop and they spend half as much or even less for much more. I am also realizing on PB that they never show the parts of the house not in the design afterward. Wonder if some of these will end up on LIOLI someday! lol

The clients on all of these shows are so over the top, they are better than sitcoms.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 4:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I think I can answer that Carlpsmom. It's because on Love it or List it and Property Brothers they are renovating to make the homes into the dream properties the families will want to live in long term. The concern is just not to spend an amount that would exceed the total value of the property. With shows like Flip or Flop the goal is to spend as little as possible to maximize profit upon resale.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I think you are right. I know I would never spend over 1K on a lamp! lol

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think the amounts spent on stuff like furnishings on Property Brothers is ridiculous. I would rather invest that money in the infrastructure of my house - I can pick out my own furniture later.