TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 17, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: The Little Couple: Archive through December 17, 2014 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
'Talky Toddlers' must mean that Will has found his voice.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Jennifer Arnold, MD ‏@JenArnoldMD · 9m9 minutes ago
Bill is the toughest person I know... he waited so long to get his back fixed!

Jennifer Arnold, MD ‏@JenArnoldMD · 6m6 minutes ago
Can't believe how fast Will & Zoey are growing up! #LittleCouple

Jennifer Arnold, MD ‏@JenArnoldMD · 3m3 minutes ago
We are Catholic and were so thrilled to be able to baptize Will & Zoey with our goddaughter Dorinda! #LittleCouple

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Jennifer Arnold, MD ‏@JenArnoldMD · 39s39 seconds ago
So blessed my brother and sister in law, David & Lisa could be godparents to Zoey

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL

Jennifer Arnold, MD ‏@JenArnoldMD · 13m13 minutes ago
Hard to explain to a 4 year old that not all candles are for birthdays to be blown out! LOL #LittleCouple

Jennifer Arnold, MD ‏@JenArnoldMD · 8m8 minutes ago
Will "made his mark" on Capital Hill and @PeteOlson desk! #LittleCouple

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Jennifer Arnold, MD ‏@JenArnoldMD · 7m7 minutes ago
Will had so much fun on the pirate boat! #LittleCouple

Jennifer Arnold, MD ‏@JenArnoldMD · 2m2 minutes ago
Finding out that @ReallyBillKlein could be paralyzed if he didn't have surgery was very scary! #Billismyrock #LittleCouple

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Jennifer Arnold, MD ‏@JenArnoldMD · 9m9 minutes ago
Only 1 of the 6 pots we planted survived.... oh well.... we tried! @VilleneuveLisa

Jennifer Arnold, MD ‏@JenArnoldMD · 4m4 minutes ago
Been a rollarcoaster year for us-still one more up & down for us w/ Bill's surgery- best thing to do is hold on for the ride #LittleCouple

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Jennifer Arnold, MD ‏@JenArnoldMD · 2m2 minutes ago
Thank you friends for tweeting with us tonight during our season premiere #LittleCouple @ReallyBillKlein @TLC

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i teared up during the baptisms. they were all so sweet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They were really nice, I did notice that Will is speaking much more clearly. I has happy to see that.

It was really funny to see him wrapping himself in the curtain and giggling.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Wednesday, December 03, 2014 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
There is not a thing about this show that I don't like....wait yes there is....not long enough!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 03, 2014 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree!!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I've been to a ton of Baptism's in my lifetime and never have I seen a priest so generous with the holy water.....wth was that all about?????

This is truly a sweet and good family. I'm still a bit concerned about Will's speech. It didn't seem that clear to me and no real complete sentences. Zoe has a sweet voice.

I remember taking my kids to a pirate ship in the Caribbean years ago. My son was all happy slappy to be part of it and my daughter wanted nothing but to cling to me. LOL.

I hope Bill's back is stronger than ever after the surgery.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He certainly was liberal with the water..

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I kept thinking he was a Baptist who converted to Catholicism...Baptists are dunkers LOL

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But do they dunk babies? My mom was First Christian as a child and they were super dunkers so she said but I know when I joined the Methodist church which you did at around 12, I was baptized the day before and the moisture involved was quite minimal.. but then the Methodists.. at our church in Detroit didn't use wine, just grape juice.. they were pretty straight laced.

I thought all three little ones handled that sloshing very well!!

And how sweet that Bill and Jen could each give a sibling the honor of being godparent.. while stepping up to be godparents themselves.

What a great extended family Will and Zoey came into..

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
No, Baptist don't dunk babies, i was being a little silly. Baptist baptize when the person is old enough to ask for themself. Methodist are sprinklers (i grew up Methodist...great grandmother was first female Methodist minister) baptism is the parent's commitment to raise the child in the church. the child later makes the decision on his own in 6th grade during confirmation

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, December 05, 2014 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I thought rubbing oil in everyone's hair was a bit uncalled for. Normally it is put on the forehead.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 05, 2014 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, and he was messing with all the pictures taken after he wrecked their hairdos..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Can't wait for the next show, which is tonight! Don't forget.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
So sad to see Will having trouble adjusting to school. Funny to see the old Zoey erupt in the swimming pool - I'm sure Bill was just glad those screams of anger weren't directed at him!

Amchess

08-26-2002

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amchess a private message Print Post    
Don't the Methodists christen babies, and not baptize until they're older?

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
Methodists have baptisms and a confirmation when the child is in 8th grade. The child takes confirmation classes for a year or two and then is confirmed. I saw above someone said 6th grade....maybe it varies by church or pastor. Mine was in 8th and so were my kids.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't say 6th grade.. I think I was 12, but I was only in 8th grade starting in February and we moved away April 2, which was my 13th birthday.. If I was 12, it was in 7th grade. I just went through with other kids in my class, with months of classes beforehand.

Several of us hadn't been baptized, so that was done the day before and was not at all messy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They didn't show the kids in school, and I am guessing they won't. Will is pretty active and is used to what seems like constant attention, doting dad, mom, grandparents, nanny, camera crew, production... being in a class, even preschool, is different.

And Jen probably pegged it that he worries that he isn't coming home, even if just in the back of his mind.

Another issue may be all the other boys. In an orphanage in China,there would be mostly girls, since boys are so highly favored and multiple children are not.

So he has a whole lot of adjusting to do.

From last week, that beach house was so large, so many stairs, and all the normal height counters looked so high!!

The only time I notice the customization in their home is when their nanny is using a counter.

I just wish for an even longer season, since I enjoy this family so much.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The Discipline of the United Methodist Church calls for confirmation any time from 6th to 8th grade. :-)

However, many churches are moving toward a later age, when teens are more able to understand the concepts and choose for themselves.

There is no specific time, churches can decide for themselves.

Adults can also be confirmed and/or baptized.

If you are baptized as a child or baby, you are generally not ever baptized again in the UM. You can reaffirm your baptism through confirmation, or a special ceremony.

If you were never baptized, you can be baptized as an adult.

All forms of alcohol consumption are forbidden by the Discipline, so they don't use wine in communion, if they are following it.