TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 27, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: 90 Day Fiance': Archive through October 27, 2014 users admin

Sueby

11-18-2004

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sueby a private message Print Post    
I felt bad for Aya. Mike leaves dirty dishes in the sink for a week and doesn't clean the apartment to bring her home. The ex-wife informs her that she and Mike decided Aya is not allowed to have babies. Then when his kids come over does he plan anything fun. He just sits and watches TV while his kids jump on the bed for hours. It seems to me Mike must think marrying Aya is cheaper than hiring a maid and babysitter not a wife. I thought it was ignorant when the ex-wife and Mike said they had concerns because a friend knew someone Phillipino who was abusive to children. They wondered if it was a cultural thing? Totally ignorant!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
There's a lot of info up thread so I may have missed it. This is probably a stupid question so forgive please, but how is it that Justin Bieber can buy a house and live here but these others have to marry a US citizen in order to stay. How much is a green card?Im confused about that.

Joefurloughski

01-28-2014

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Joefurloughski a private message Print Post    
My wife is from Australia. She arrived on a visitor visa, we got married, and then completed all the requirements for her permanent residence. No problems. No lawyers needed. Just got to know what you are doing and have the money to pay for all the required processing. We are still married going on 10 years now. We travel almost every year to places such as Australia, Fiji, Italy, Canada, Mexico, etc... My first wife was an American and things did not work out so well, so I came out a winner in the overall scheme of things. My Australian wife is awesome, she works for a law firm and will get a pension just like me when we retire in a few years. Life is good for us. Stay thirsty my friends. (:

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I don't know nothing about nothing but will answer with my limited knowledge.

The US fiance must be able & willing to fully support the immigrant spouse so they do not use US social services.

It's my understanding that if you are rich & basically work for yourself getting a work visa to live & work in the US is not a problem. A rich person is bringing their monies into the US & contributing to the economy.

If you have to work for a living & will take work away from a US citizen it's not quite as easy - if no US citizens can or will fill the job, allowances are made but I believe you have to have an employer to sponsor you.

Bieber, who has a visa allowing him to legally live in the United States because of his "extraordinary ability" in the arts.

He is risking deportation due to his criminal acts.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/27/showbiz/justin-bieber-deportation/index.html

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The Televisionwithoutpity link is great.. lots of discussion and information.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Couple update -

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I guess all the TV couples are now married - this site shows Louis & Aya as filing for a spousal visa -

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=140762

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Will that makes sense.

Sueby

11-18-2004

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sueby a private message Print Post    
Thanks for all the links Willwillbee. This is my favourite reality show right now. I really hope they do an update at the end of the series.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 10, 2014 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just watched the latest episode. It seems that all of them are actually acting better than portrayed in the teasers.

The guy having the bachelor party was acting like a jerk.

And the ex-wife who thinks she runs everyone's life, in the preview..

and the mom who attacked at the so called bachelorette party.. yeah make her drink beer and sit there smoking, drinking and bashing her.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
They advertised for cast members from people going thru the K1 visa process, so it seems there will be another season of this show & I bet they will at least do follow ups on these couples.

I was shocked that Aziza's family couldn't get a tourist visa to come to the wedding. I am sure the travel costs would nearly prohibit family members from visiting, but I just can't imagine them not being being able to come if they can afford it. Maybe they expected Mike or TLC to pay for their travel expenses???

I hope you are watching the TLC clips & webisodes. We find out why Len & Alina don't make the show.

I loved this clip with Aya, Louis, his ex wife & the kids. I can see a real bond with all of them & it warms my heart.

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/90-day-fiance/videos/death-defying-magic-with-stepmom.htm

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Getting a B-2 visa is very difficult for average persons. Unless you have a great life in your home country, you will be suspected of wishing to come to the US permanently.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think the young girl from Brazil, who married the Mormon guy, will end up getting a divorce within 5 years. I think he wanted to hurry up the wedding because he wanted to control her more... didn't like that she didn't pick up the cell phone during the modeling session. Bells and whistles went off in my head.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 3:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I agree, she does not exude "woman in love". None of the gals for that matter.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I guess I feel somewhat hopeful for most of them.

Interesting.. just watching some Olympic coverage on my DVR and they are featuring husband and wife snowboarders. He was from US, she from Siberia in Russia. When they met she was a rising star and he was frustrated by lack of support here. I guess he moved to Russia, or they dated on the tour, but anyway they ended up getting married and the wedding was less than a year into their relationship, so he got Russian citizenship and joined the Russian team for snowboarding. Seems more reasonable than 90 days.

They had quite an elaborate Siberian wedding put on by his mother in law. They live in Moscow. He is learning Russian.. her mother says she is a good mother in law since she doesn't speak English.

And they are both on the Olympic team.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 1:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I like the Mormon guy Alan and Kirlyman from Brazil. Being that they were both virgins on their wedding night probably helped her have a better experience. They sure seemed happy in Hawaii waking up together. I wish them the best.
Russ from Oklahoma is in for a rude awakening when Paola doesn't get her own way. It looks like he left his job to get married. She's high maintenance and will run his finances into the ground. I have no idea what will happen to the other couples.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In the little updates at the end of the episode, it said Russ got a new job, closer to home. Actually she was kind of right that the job he had was no way to start out a marriage. He did bring her here to be with her.

I'm a sucker I guess, but I enjoyed the weddings. As to their success, who knows, but half of marriages don't last and it isn't always because of a short courtship..

I hope for the best for all of them.

Oregonguy

02-12-2006

Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oregonguy a private message Print Post    
Returns tonight

Sueby

11-18-2004

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sueby a private message Print Post    
I was expecting Mohamad to have disappeared into New York. I expect Danielle to be hurt big time.
Daya doesn't really look like she is too thrilled by Bret. Who complains about the flowers they are given.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Is he the one with the sinkfull of dishes who shrugged and said he had to go watch sports on tv after showing her the cleaning supplies?

The Mohammed/Danielle situation is just off..

And the Nicaraguan singer.. it sure seems like he's giving so much up.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Actually the guy who brought the "wrong" flowere had his mom with him and I'm not sure if he's the sinkful of dishes guy.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
The guy that wants a house keeper with benefits is a jerk and not worthy of any woman. He seems so immature. This is not going to work for her.

The singer, I have to imagine is really IN LOVE. He's giving up fame and probably fortune. The gal of that duo is being somewhat selfish. She could certainly have stayed in Nicaragua while he sees if his career will take off. Shame on her.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I looked on youtube & the Nicaraguan boy band was really active a few years ago but not so much recently. The website that was posted on the 4 year old video is no longer active.

I agree, Lilfair, they should stay in Nicaragua as long as Yamir has a career, it will be over soon enough (if not already). I fear he will think he's going to Hollywood & if he doesn't, I'm sure he will resent Chelsea forever for giving up his life if his future in small town USA is as I (& his manager) fear it will be.

Chelsea claims that they don't have hot water or even running water sometimes currently. I would imagine that "kings" would live more luxuriously. I bet the boy band is more flash than cash.

The wrong flower guy is Daya's fiance Brett, who lives with the 2 older females.

Evelin's fiance Justin is the sinkful of dirty dishes guy/king of the bedroom. I can't believe he treated her so disrespectfully the first day, I hope she escapes this cage.

Danielle knows in her gut that this relationship with the young man Mohammed is doomed, that's why she's breaking down in tears every moment he's not there reassuring her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 24, 2014 - 4:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good comments and I agree.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Did y'all watch the Where Are a They Now episode from last season I don't see Paolo and her man staying together. I knew that from the start.its all about Poalo. She wants to go visit her famy for. 3 months. I think the other couple the innocent girl from Brazil kirlyam and Alan seem the happiest

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
The Mohammad and Danielle relationship is odd. Green card.