TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 20, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: General Discussion (Various Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through October 20, 2014 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Spoton, Drunk History is my favorite show on Comedy Central. We were talking about it in another thread.

If you're a Big Brother fan, this week Wil did his weekly recap of BB in the same style as Drunk History. It was hilarious. The funny thing is, since so few people watch Drunk History, they didn't get it.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Drunk History is SO hilarious! I am a huge Big Brother Fan, I would love to see this!

Who is Wil (if he is a past BB hg, which one of the Wil/Will's is he?) and where can I watch it?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Happymom, it's ex HG Wil Hauser

Here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ap_TAScEoo

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Thanks! :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Does anybody enjoy watching poker on TV? This hand will make your stomach turn for the loser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V7aA0RHK-Q

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wasn't sure where to put this, but Michael Johns from American Idol season 7 has died aged 35. He had a suspected blood clot in his leg.

http://tvline.com/2014/08/02/michael-johns-dead-american-idol-singer-dies/

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching Ice Lake Rebels on Animal Planet? Two episodes have aired so far. But, there are numerous repeats throughout the week. It is set in a place called Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories. I am thoroughly fascinated by this group of people who have decided to live off the grid. I get cold just watching it. Other than that, I am fascinated by how they live, what they have to do to survive, the ingenuity they have to have to overcome problems, and the real danger they are in. I am also fascinated by the Lake. Because of the way the inhabitants describe and talk about the lake, I almost feel like the lake is another character on the show.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
WDYTYR is on tonight on TLC at 9 on the East Coast. Rachael McAdams and her sister are featured. If anyone missed the episode with Cynthia Nixon it on at 8 PM.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Saturday, August 09, 2014 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
The Great British Bake Off returned earlier this week, so fans, go to your favourite sites and catch up. Looks to be another amazing season.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
WDYTYR is on tonight on TLC. Valerie Bertonelli discovers she's related to royalty.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
jag, thanks for the reminder! :-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Our local paper had a column yesterday titled "10 Things Reality TV Won't Tell You". I won't list them all but here are a few notes . . .

#3) "We aren't so real" DUH! There's a fair amount of fakery and producers will shape situations to beef-up storylines.

#4) "There's a script to many a reality show". DUH again! (Think every story line Tamara on RHOC has had this year) They do employ writers and while there might not be a script with actual dialogue, they'll manipulate and set up scenarios.

#5) "For network executives, we're a cheap date". High audience appeal with little production costs. Locations with no sets to build. Writers without a union meaning they work for less.

#10) Watching can be hazardous to your mental health"

So true and yet I still keep watching.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
Anyone catch Real Housewives of Melbourne? I felt like I'd entered a timewarp when watching it Lol
Between the hair and the outfits, I felt like I was watching something from the 80's.
The one thing I did like was the women actually looked their age and weren't trying to look 20 something. The only one who truly got on my nerves was Jackie (spelling ?) who kept mentioning her being married to a rock star. Had to Google him because I'd never of him and when I Googled him, I'd never heard of the band he was in either. Silverchair? Big in the 90's apparently, but must have been big in Australia.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
WDYTYA is on tonight at 9. The new one is Kelsey Grammer
There is a repeat from 2012 of Reba McEntire at 8.
Also, there is a repeat from 2011 of Vanessa Williams at 10.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, August 22, 2014 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Mythbusters -- saw the two main guys on last nights new show say goodbye to the 3 young helpers. Next season they said it will be back to just them 2 again. I think I'm going to miss the other 3 a bit. I did enjoy them.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Remember "Love In the Wild" from a few seasons ago? Looks like two or three couples are still together -- one couple is married. I think this show, short-lived as it was, has the best couples record!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, August 28, 2014 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
For those that like it, Ink Master starts September 2 on Spike

Spoton

09-16-2005

Friday, August 29, 2014 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Below Deck is back! Love this show. Same captain and some of the crew. I guess i find this so entertaining because it is soooo far removed from my life..Ha!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Finding Your Roots with Henry Louis Gates started its second season on PBS last night. Hopefully if anyone interested missed it, you can catch a repeat this weekend. First show was Stephen King, Gloria Reuben and Courtney Vance and (of course) was great viewing. I think you can also stream it online from PBS.org.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I found all three stories on Finding Your Roots very interesting. I could do without Gates asking after every fact is presented "How do you feel about that?" Picky picky, I know, but it annoyed me after the first five times. I really like the show, though.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
So am I really supposed to care about Jenny Garth and the fact that she designed a house by herself? Really? My back is turned to the television so perhaps there is something worth watching - but I would have to mute her voice. She sounds like she is talking to a 5-year old all the time...and don't even get me started on her family and their annoying fakeness (at least verbally - again - my back is turned!).

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 17, 2014 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
American Idol is starting something new this year.

Right now, we (the audience) get to vote on these audition videos and send one of them to Hollywood.
We have until Tuesday, Oct 21, to vote.

http://www.americanidol.com/poll

I didn't post this in the Idol area because I didn't think anybody would look in there and see it in time to vote since the season doesn't start for 3 more months.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, October 18, 2014 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Finding your Roots - PBS
Tuesday, October 21 at 8 (chicago)

I have been so impressed with this series, how they link the 3 celebrities, I'm in awe, and always find something to discuss, very thought provoking!

Tuesday's show is about 3 chefs - Tom Colicchio, Aarón Sánchez and Ming Tsai, three celebrity chefs who cook the food of their ancestors, discover family members who have shaped their lives — and America’s cuisine.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
The Real World is back for Season 30 (believe it or not), with another twist..The subtitle is "Skeletons" (in the closet); each episode one of the cast members has someone from their past visit, and not someone they want to see at the door (an estranged brother, a boss from hell, past hookups, someone who's heavily pregnant and one of the cast is the father, the father of one of the cast who has never met him before, etc.) No word on when it'll start on MTV..

Zippy

07-03-2011

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
Wilson, it looks like The Real World has taken a page from E! networks Escape Island. That is exactly what was done on that show. I have watched The Real World since season 1 but each year I watch less and less of it. I think I am just getting older and not into the drinking and hooking up. I do like The Challenges, go figure. LOL