TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 06, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 06, 2014 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Chieko, I believe the daughters are free to make their own choices.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Oh, I think you are right, Ophilia'sgrandma, no one is "forcing" these restrictions. But as in most families the children know what values their parents expect of them and don't want to disappoint.

I'm just saying I don't agree with them. I'm sure they also believe in wives submitting to their husbands and I believe in equality.

As I have said before, though, they all seem to be doing quite well, and it apparently works for them.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Even though it seems there is no dating prior to courtship, I think these kids are exposed to children in other families who have the same beliefs as theirs often. Isn't that how Josh & Anna 1st met? I'm very surprised that we haven't seen a Duggar/Bates pair up yet.

I finally watched Jill & Derrick's wedding show today & thought it was great. Sure did like Michelle's dress! Don't understand why someone would want to offer root beer floats at a wedding reception though......but, to each their own. Jill & Derrick just seem so in love & so happy. Josh & Anna also seem to still be very much in love after 6 yrs of marriage & 3 kids. Then, look at Jim Bob & Michelle & how in love they still seem to be after 30 yrs of marriage & 19 kids. This life style does seem to work.

Sherbabe

07-27-2002

Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sherbabe a private message Print Post    
I enjoy watching their show and enjoyed Derrick and Jill's journey. They seem more mature to handle marriage and baby. On the other hand, Ben and Jessa have not shown me that at all. 2 backhanded comments to Jill, I don't like cake" and "I don't like root beer" could have been kept to herself. Plus their religious both of them have made. Ben is just 19 years old. He is not finished with college and has no full time job. Then they release a wedding photo and it's them sitting down. Then no cake, no kiss and a blush dress. I realize this is all their choice, but if anyone earned a right to wear a white dress it was her. This is just my humble opinion, but, not a fan of this Ben guy.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Jill & Derrick are more mature.......Derrick is 6 yrs older than Ben & Jill is 2 yrs older than Jessa. Jessa & Ben will be fine because of their strong families & their upbringing. Jill & Derrick will prob. have a smoother path just because of the maturity.

Jessa is a great gal but I've always detected a bit of individuality in her persona. She has never seemed to be as sweet as her Mom & Jana, Jill, & Jinger. Don't know why I feel this & I absolutely could be wrong. And that JoyAnna 16 yr old is just the sweetest thing!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, November 03, 2014 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Josh Duggar the executive director of this group FRC....just another example of how this family is not a good family....

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/
davidbadash/_we_reserve_the_right_to_
refuse_service_to_homosexuals

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, November 03, 2014 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
because someone has opinions i don't agree with, doesn't mean they aren't a good family. i know lots of good people with whom i disagree with

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, November 03, 2014 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Well said, Texannie.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, November 03, 2014 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I own a business. I serve people from all walks of like. I certainly don't agree with all of them or their lifestyles but I never refuse to serve them. Is this what Jesus would do?

"Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not unto one of these least, ye did it not unto me."

Matthew 25:45

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Chieko, I like your post.

imo, the Duggars are very hypocritical judgmental Christians who have raised/are raising (or brainwashing) their children to be the same. And to me, that is not very Christ-like.

I used to watch because I found them uplifting and interesting. Now I watch with the hope that their children will break free from their cult mindset. I really worry about all the kids and now grandkids.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Well any family that works hard to deny other people rights is not a good family imo. The Duggars do not have to gay marry, come out of closets, or any other thing they believe their bible to say. But if they actively work to deny basic rights to an entire segment of the human race they indeed are not a goo family. They are reminiscent of the folks who fought very hard to give basic civil rights to African Americans, women, etc.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Agreed. There is a big difference between
“Here is what I believe and how I am going to live my life” and
“Here is what I believe and how YOU must live your life, to accommodate my beliefs”

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes. They are working hard to squash the right of others. Shame on them. Believe what you want, live your life how you want, but to work hard to tell others how to live, to limit their freedoms. Shameful.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I see such a difference between Jessa and Jill. I think they work the tv show very well, to make it very middle of the road, easy going family. Jill and Derrick being older may account for some of that, but I still think its interesting how fast their courtship and wedding went through, and it did seem that Jill and Ben were waiting in the wings, but now seeing how young they are - oh man...

The previews for tonights show seem sweet, but it does remind me of how the boys here ask girls to Prom, really elaborate set ups, I can't even imagine!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't watch this show but caught a bit of the wedding and I was wondering, why did everyone run down the aisle after the wedding.

I have never seen that before, I sort of understood, Jill and Derrick making a run for it, but then everyone ran down the aisle so I don't get it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think the actual courtship between Jill and Derick went quickly but they had been talking by phone, computer, etc. for quite a while. I think when you know, you know.

Djchick

03-10-2008

Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Djchick a private message Print Post    
I do not really have a problem with the short courtships. I believe more thought and prayer went into these relationships then in most marriages. Today people meet, jump into bed and then build their relationship around sex and try to make it work. Just look at the divorce rate in this country, and this after people started living together before marriage. These kids have been brought up with very good morals and values and look for the same in their choice of mate.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Dipo, most weddings i have been to the bride and groom run down the aisle after the ceremony...now, not quite as fast as they did it LOL

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
for me, i don't watch reality tv to for the participants political points of view...i guess i would if it was the "Real Presidents of the White House" but i might even be skeptical of that LOL
i watch for entertainment. i want to see people who love each other, who respect each other, who take sex seriously, who take marriage seriously. who don't yell and scream. who strive to win a race with integrity (ok, different show, but same concept!)
this is what i want to see, and why i watch.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I agree with whomever said Jessa is a bit different from her 'quieter, meeker' sisters. Besides being absolutely gorgeous, there's something in her that makes me wonder what she will become.

I'll be interested to see if she goes the way of her mother or decides on a different life for herself.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I think Jana is the most beautiful of the girls…not that it is important.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just finished the proposal with tears in my eyes. It was so lovely!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, November 06, 2014 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I don't see this family as having good morals. How can you be moral and advocate, harshly, against an entire segment of the human race. Josh works for an organization that is on Southern Law Poverty Center. We need to be real about this family and not get fooled by TLC.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, November 06, 2014 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I think Lilfair meant Josh's employer (FRC) is on the SLPC Hate Group List.

Here is an excerpt from an article:

"Contrary to what the FRC has repeatedly claimed, we do not list the FRC as a hate group because of its opposition to gay marriage or because of its religious beliefs. Instead, we list the FRC because it engages in baseless, incendiary name-calling and spreads demonizing lies about the LGBT community.

The FRC portrays gay people as sick, evil, perverted, incestuous and a danger to the nation. It insists that gay people are “fundamentally incapable" of providing good homes for children – a myth that has been rejected by all relevant scientific authorities. One of its key leaders has actually said that homosexual behavior should be criminalized.

Perhaps the FRC’s most dangerous lie is its claim that pedophilia is a “homosexual problem,” to use Perkins' words."

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/news/frc-deserves-hate-group-label

There is also this:
Michelle's recent robocall opposing a civil rights bill.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/18/michelle-duggar-anti-discrimination-proposal_n_5689840.html

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, November 06, 2014 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Thanks Happy, that's what I meant to write Josh's employer is considered a hate group by the SLPC. There really isn't any getting around this families need to spew ugly rhetoric towards and entire segment of the human race. Work very hard to make sure gays are targeted for discrimination and painted with a pedophile brush. TLC is a money making for profit entity that knows how to spin a show.