TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 01, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 01, 2014 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am looking forward to it too. I think they are adorable together.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Jill's wedding is on tonight....a two-hour show. Can't wait!

I noticed there is a show called 'Home Sweet Bus' on after it about a family who sings and basically lives on the bus when performing. It's a special. Sounds interesting.

Where does Jill stand age-wise for the girls in the family? Thanks.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I think she is #2 eldest daughter.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Josh is the oldest (26), twins, John David & Jana (24), Jill is the 4th child (23). I think the next one is Joseph (22) & then, Jessa (21). I think Jinger comes next (20)

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thank you, OG & Texasdeb. Wow, I didn't realize Jana was 24!

I also thought Jill was younger than 23. These children have just grown up so fast it seems, but that's the way it is as we (I) age, heh, heh. Jessa is the one who is engaged now, right?

I can't believe how short Michelle is compared to Jim. I thought Jill's husband was so much taller than her, but it's the same as her parents. Until I saw Michelle & Jim in the church, I'd just never realized she was short.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
After seeing Ben/Jessa talking about not really being engaged on tonight's I decided to see when their wedding is and it's this Saturday, Nov. 1st.

Whoah. TLC may have wanted to show Jill's wedding a little sooner than a few days before Jessa's actual wedding. Holy Cow!

Jessa's Wedding Invitation

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My daughter and I watched the wedding and it was very sweet. They seem to be a lovely couple and I like how they are refreshingly honest about the fact that they were looking forward to being by themselves...and that they took every opportunity to kiss once they were married.

Next weekend is Jessa's engagement.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Apparently those people on Home Sweet Bus live on it full-time - 13 people in a 45' bus! Including two married couples...now how the heck does that work! (I mean, I know how it works, but the young couple has small twins - when and where did they find the privacy to pull off that?)

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 5:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
the wedding was so sweet!!!

Critter59

07-18-2012

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Critter59 a private message Print Post    
I would like to know where they got $200,000.00 dollars. E News said that this is what it cost. There were over 1000 people at the wedding, she invited 3000 people. It was a nice wedding but the cost is wrong, they could have bought a house and saved up to pay for there 19 kids that they are going to have.

Djchick

03-10-2008

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Djchick a private message Print Post    
I think E News made a mistake, no way did they spend that much! Maybe $20,000 but not what they are reporting. They did not serve a sit down spread, just snack foods that family and friends baked, the wedding cake was a gift. The dresses were marked down and the Bridal Salon's name was shown so there is another discount. Everything was altered for free by the same sister who made all the men's ties. The decorations were handmade and I'm not sure how much their church would charge such a longtime member? I did smile at the thought that finally someone used all those Pintrest wedding pins!

I loved watching Jill grow up and giggled at her excitement to marry Derrick. I think they are such a good match for each other. At first I did not understand why they ran out of the church like they did, but loved why they did it when I realized! Now I can't wait for the baby to be born!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It was a lovely wedding and they just seem like such a sweet couple who love each other very much. I was so touched when his mother was able to come. You could see on his face when he was on the phone just how much he was holding back and then when she said she was getting ready, you could see the relief wash over him. I wish them nothing but the best. It made me think of my daughter's wedding this past June, much smaller of course, but it brought back all that joy and sadness like the parents said. It's something you dream of for your children but it is still so hard to let them go.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Nice wedding. It was a pretty good episode, seemed like less precap and recap than usual. I wish they hadn't spent so much airtime on the root beer floats. Jim Bob really made me cringe a lot though. Jill and Derrick seemed very happy.

Re the $, there was a smaller reception at their house after the large reception at the church. The Duggars home church, but maybe Jill and Derrick attend that church. I've read that it is very popular and gets really booked up. So I'm kind of surprised they were able to get married there in the summer, height of wedding season, with only a few mos. notice. But they are celebrities. Anyway, even with the 2nd reception and a church fee, there is no way they spent $200K. I'm sure the photography was expensive, but no way $200 for the entire thing.

Joseph is younger than Jinger. Josiah on up are all adult children now.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I don't think that quoted price is right either. no alcohol, root beer floats and finger food doesn't add up to that! that would be $200/person. i plan full serve banquets all the time and they are usually $35 minimum/person with a full service carving stations being around $80/person
heck, even thought it was 30 years ago, we had a reception for 800 with open bar, buffet with beef tenderloin, shrimp and all sort of stuff for about $25,000

i was thrilled for Derrick that his mom was there. how is she doing now? anyone know?

Djchick

03-10-2008

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Djchick a private message Print Post    
Okay, I found out where the $200,000.00 figure came from. It is on the TLC site and it says that is the amount Jim Bob will spend in his life on his daughters weddings if they spend the same average as most American weddings. It was on Jill's wedding page in a box that said by the numbers.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
I was amused watching the four little flower girls with their signs. Josie rubbed off a letter on hers, then disappeared from the group. It must have been hilarious just watching them. I loved the wedding.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, October 31, 2014 - 5:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
that makes sense, Djchick!
I giggled at that too Erniesgirl

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, October 31, 2014 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Derick's mom is cancer free! :-)
http://www.people.com/article/jill-derick-dillard-share-pregnancy-news-duggar-family

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, October 31, 2014 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I googled and googled and the only thing I could find was the Princess treatment she got at the shop cost $500 - and that's available to anyone, its an "extra" the shop likes to do - but I couldn't find anything on the cost of her gown, she had it modified that day with a seamstress, no idea the cost of that either...

I did see that Jessa's wedding is scheduled for Nov 1, and I think I saw the number 800? It seems much less "spotlight" but it also seems that Jill is/was much more in the spotlight with social media and talking on camera, it seems Jana barely talks, just smiles and watches who ever is talking she is paired with...

and I saw a comment that Jill and Derrick are in that house until it sells, but Jessa and Ben are going to stay on the property - I wonder if Ben has some job lined up, or hopes to elsewhere?

I am way too curious, (not in a bad/mean way!)

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, October 31, 2014 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
God is good!!!
I was really touched by the comment about Derrick's mom being adopted and having the blood relatives. i always wonder if my kids will feel that way when they have families.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, November 01, 2014 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Outside of my mom it took years for me to have any blood relatives. It was a sad thing for meā€¦but I love how my family has grown.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, November 01, 2014 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
http://www.people.com/article/jessa-duggar-ben-seewald-married-wedding-19-kids-and-counting

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, November 01, 2014 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
You can see more of her dress here:
http://www.people.com/article/jessa-duggar-ben-seewald-wedding-details-dress-cake-vows-first-kiss

It looks like a really pretty dress.

I think it's great that they shared their first kiss in private! Ugh on Jim Bob and Michelle kissing during their daughter's wedding though.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, November 01, 2014 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Ben Seewald's father, Michael is only 39 years old. A short article on their family beliefs is at the link

http://www.bustle.com/articles/39867-jessa-duggars-fiance-ben-seewald-has-some-extreme-beliefs-they-all-seem-to-stem-from

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, November 01, 2014 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I have long admired the Duggar family and the way they have raised a fine family as far as we know but I am having trouble with their beliefs for their adult children. I think young adults should be able to date and to get to know other young adults. I think they should be allowed to be alone with someone of the opposite sex and not have to have a little sibling hanging around. These girls are marrying the first man they have ever been around. They are waiting until their wedding to share a kiss or even a full body hug. So in one day they are going from hand holding only to sexual intercourse? It seems like a lot at once. Much too sheltered.