TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 27, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 27, 2014 users admin

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
He's only effective if you believe homosexual human beings deserve to be considered sinful and not equal. Hey, they can believe whatever they want but to try to get legislation barring an entire segment of the human race from marriage from adopting children, and so on and so on. Then you are not a good or godly person.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Preachers "preach" what they believe & try to convince others. It is what it is. They are similar to sales people........you either listen, & buy what they are selling, or you go on.

I, do not agree with what Josh & the Duggars are "selling". However, I am always interested in most everything else about their family because it works for them & it just seems like, their life style works better than so many others. I still love this family. They are so different than me! I do not live my life the way they lead theirs & I'm not changing my life to be more like them! Mine works for me........their life works for them. I am a positive hetro. 57yr old female & have no problem with the homo. folks. I have no problem with the Duggar dating style being so different from mine..........to each their own.

I guess, I do have a prob. w/Josh "preaching" his beliefs........

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Please excuse me, but I have to get on my soap box on this one. I have an ex childhood friend who is now a minister and he has been sending me all this garbage regarding how gay people are sinners and they are bad people who we should have nothing to do with. I have a sister who is gay and I kindly asked him to not send me any more of that garbage as my sister is a wonderful kind person. He said that he would pray for me and continued to send me his garbage. I finally told him that he was quite the hypocrite as a minister of God he should know better because God does not make mistakes. Then I unfriended him.

Ok sorry, I am done.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am sorry your 'friend' treated you that way.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Thank you Texannie

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, September 19, 2014 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I've tried to avoid this conversation because I've learned they can go nowhere but to ugly very quickly. However, I'm going to say this and then hope that does not happen.

Thinking, and believing, that a particular action or lifestyle is a sin does not mean you hate people. Part of what makes our nation so great is that we have the right of free speech. One of my favorite lines in "The American President" is when Michael Douglas says, " Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours."

I may not agree with your opinions, your lifestyle, or much of what you do as a person, BUT I can respect your right to want do it. HOWEVER, I do not have to like, or want a law that makes it acceptable, especially when it goes against thousands of years of accepted tradition and belief or when I think it's harmful to people or society as a whole. I have long ago learned that you can not legislate morality. It doesn't make me a hateful person but I am a conservative Christian, as are the Duggars.

I have gay people in my family, still doesn't mean I think they should be able to walk into my church and get married. (although one of them is and I accept that they are). I don't send out ugly emails or tell them they're going to hell and I've never stopped loving them or accepting them as members of my family, but if I'm asked I will tell you I am against it and why.

Believing gay marriage is wrong doesn't negate love or make one a terrible person or intolerant. It simply means I believe what God says in the Bible and that sin is sin even when we try to justify it to make it acceptable. I also believe that's where love and forgiveness comes in as none of us are perfect...we just have different sins.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, September 19, 2014 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
watching the most recent episode (i think) where Ben is starting to work for Jim Bob...bless his heart, Ben is not the brightest bulb in the box! but i adore him! and i love he and Jessa together.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, September 19, 2014 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Miss, no one expects a church to marry a gay couple....laws are secular. Working to deny rights to an entire segment of the human race is free speech that gets much push back, as it should. No religious entity will ever be forced to marry a gay couple. If you replace "gay marriage" with "interracial marriage" you are making the exact defense as people did in an attempt to deny marriage between races. The arguments are the same. How does gay marriage affect the Duggars daily religious life,..unless they believe their religious beliefs should be forced onto others. The Duggars are blatantly trying to deny others the right to marry....shame on them.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, September 19, 2014 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
unless they believe their religious beliefs should be forced onto others

And when you bring politics into it, that is exactly what you are trying to do.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Lil, at this moment in time I agree no one expects a church to marry a couple. However, if gay marriage becomes legal, then yes they will be expected to marry gay couples and if they refuse then the door is opened to discrimination suits galore. I promise it will be tested and the suits will follow if gay marriage becomes the law of the land.

The Duggars are simply voicing their opinions and because this is America they have that right. What is worse than them advocating against gay marriage is those who try to deny their right to speak out against it. Why is that okay but speaking up against it is not? Why is trying to silence their voices right? In my opinion those who are trying to silence their right to speak out are just as narrow minded and intolerant as they accuse the Duggars and others Christians of being.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I don't agree with them but they have the right to be opposed to gay marriage just as much as people have the right to support it.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Misspoufy - NO church will be forced to marry anyone. The Catholic church can refuse to marry 2 Lutherans.
You can join a church that refuses to marry gay people.
But you cannot tell the State, my church doesn't believe in Gay Marriage, therefore you need to honor my beliefs and ban it for everyone.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Exactly, Hskrfan

I think the Duggars are a wonderful family and I greatly admire them, it seems with their television series they have a great showcase for their beliefs and practices and can be examples for the things they believe in, I'd like to see them continue to lead through example but not try to effect changes in other people's lives through legislation.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
By your own words then Chieko and Hskrfan then gays should not try to effect change through legislation either.

See that argument doesn't work when you turn it back around. The great thing about this nation is that we CAN try to effect change through legislation. Both sides have the equal opportunity to present their points and then let voters decide one way or the other.

I don't have to agree with you and you don't have to agree with me...we get to say how we feel (free speech) and get to lobby for legislative change in laws (for or against) and we get to go to the polls and cast our votes. Then we get to live in harmony on the outcome. That's what makes this nation great.

BTW, Haskrfan, I'd bet my bottom dollar if gay marriage becomes law the first gay couple to challenge your "no church will be forced to marry anyone" idea will go someplace like that crazy church in...is it Kansas...and demand to be married there which will start a firestorm of unprecedented proportions. It'll be similar to what happened in Arizona when the governor contemplated signing the bill to allow business owners to refuse to serve gays on religious grounds.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Misspufy – I could not disagree more and you cannot “turn the argument” around as you say. Gays and MANY MANY people who support gays are using legislation to bring equal rights to everyone. People like the Duggars are trying to use legislation to DENY rights to people.
Second, you don’t “let the voters” decide. The point of our Constitution is to protect the minority. Equal Rights should never be brought to a vote. With apologies to people in the South, I have traveled there extensively and there are pockets that would love to “let the voters” decide on Civil Rights.
No church today is required by law to marry any couple. If a Male Lutheran and a Female Lutheran tried to sue the Catholic Church because they were refused marriage, they would be laughed out of the courthouse.
Finally, many of the arguments you present, were used 50 years ago. Just change “gay” to “black”

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Once again, Hskrfan, you said it much better than I could. I agree emphatically.

Consider this Misspoufy, if gays are allowed to marry, it affects heterosexuals not one bit. If gays are not allowed to marry, it doesn't benefit heterosexuals at all but harms gays.

Why the need to impose one particular morality on another group when it doesn't infringe upon your lifestyle or quality of life.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I just do not understand why people feel the need to impose their beliefs on others. No one is asking them to marry within the same sex. No one is insisting that their church take part in gay marriage. No one is imposing gay marriage on straight people. Why do some try to prevent others from the freedoms they enjoy? I just don't get it.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
"I just do not understand why people feel the need to impose their beliefs on others".
That is exactly what the Duggers are doing. They want to legislate their religious beliefs onto others

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
You know if Jim-Bob would stop reminding the couples of what they can't do.. they probably wouldn't even think of anything more than holding hands.. but it's Jim-Bob that brings the subject up every time ...

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 5:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
No, i think those couples would know on their own! Heck, Jana has even said that's one reason why they had a short engagement. LOL

and let the discussion on rushing into marriage cause they don't have premarital sex begin....

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Haha yes they do figure it out on their own. Explains why there are so many "premature" 9 pound babies in Utah! *wink wink*

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
My grandmother always told me the first baby always came early. Good thing I was born 9 months, 10 days after my parents married and only weighed 4 lbs or people might have talked! LOL

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
My grandmother would say the first baby can come at any time, after that it takes 9 months.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
lol :-)

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
miss, you are mistaken.....No church can be forced to marry anyone they don't want to. You are confusing secular laws with with religious laws. Remember the laws of the U.S are secular.