TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 27, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Face Off on SyFy: Archive through August 27, 2014 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
me too!!! and then over the last weeks I thought Tyler was getting the winners edit. These finalists are the best in awhile! They both have million dollar smiles

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I thought Tyler was going to win! I am super happy for all of them.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I have to admit that even tho I wanted Rashad to win the final pieces of Tyler were better

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oh and how funny 2 of the finalists are going to be daddys!

Florin

08-27-2006

Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 1:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge. I have really liked this show.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I thought the finale was a mess. That dance number was incomprehensible. But they all seemed to like it, maybe it looked different being there but it didn't translate well to my screen.

It's funny but I thought George would win. I ranked them George, Rashad then Tyler. I didn't like one of Rashads or one of Tyler's. When they use so much red on tv it never seems to have definition. That being said they were all very worthy of the win and talented. They were also one of the most cooperative and kind bunch of contestants we have seen on any show in a long time.

I look forward to next season.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And you won't have to wait long, Jasper, I think they said June or July.

I'm watching the creature shop challenge but I can't get over how muppety everything looks. I know that's kind of the idea but it seems like they would have little chance to use their skills in real life now everything is animated.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think our complaints may be oppposite, Kitt....LOL

The criticism I will never understand on Creature Shop is when the judges say something is "cartoony". What the heck? The whole nature of Hensen characters is that they are cartoony, not real.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jeez, it's starts again next week already!
Tuesday, July 22.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Started tonight!

The "last audition" for the show seemed rather a lot like the first episode of any other season...

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought it was weird how the oldest female contestant and the oldest male contestant both went home on the first night. He was 48 and she was 43.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
But I also thought that they both were the weakest designs...although the ageism seemed kind of prevalent to me too. The man who went was a student of Anthony Kosart (former winner) and oddly enough so was the woman who was the best design.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
As soon as I saw those two designs I figured they would go home. Too bad, they were not good.

A good start , I'm looking forward to this season. I have to say every season I wish they would not show so much of the work in the opener. I'd rather be surprised.

I didn't know Anthony taught, interesting little factoid. I hope that the two deleted regroup and don't stop doing it and apply again.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't even mean to suggest ageism.

The reason I thought it was weird that the two oldest ones went home is that you'd think the two oldest would already have some experience under their belts and do well, or at least average, on the first easy challenge. But they didn't.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the first ep!

Cool that one of them teaches at Tom Savini's school. I have met Tom back in my makeup days..great guy

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oops, sorry for the misunderstanding. The guy Scott did say that he only started taking classes about 3 years ago after an interest in it when he was younger.

If you are on Facebook Anthony's page is Kosart Arts Studio or Design (I can't remember exactly) and he is always posting unique creations they are designing.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I expected this challenge to be way more over the top. Most of the designs seemed to fall short this ep. For me anyways. The guy who got eliminated is probably kicking himself for not listening to his partner. I though her idea of turning the face into a grandfather clock was so much better, a mustache of clock hands... I could see that.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am so shallow, I have a real problem looking at people with ear plugs or holes - I know this has nothing to do with the person or their skills, but it is just a personal quirk that makes me ick out (might be thinking of pain thing or the way people grab loop earrings in the subway and split ears), so I was glad this guy went home.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it makes me want to puke, I cant look at people that have them, esp the really big ones bleck

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Do they ever shrink back? Or do they need surgery if they want the holes to do away? I figure years from now there will be a lot of droppy ear lobes around. Like that song "do your ears hang low". Not a look I personally think is attractive either.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I cringe when I see people with the large open holes because I wonder what would happen if someone grabbed it and pulled. Awful thing to think of but it's why I cringe!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't think they grow back...I would suspect they will have to have them surgically repaired.

Florin

08-27-2006

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch tonight's episode. I never understand how when someone is told they are way off base and they still keep going in the wrong direction. Jason deserved to go home tonight. He was bound and determined he wasn't going to do whimsical.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The female (forgotten her name) was annoying me too. She has to say if she wants something, this is the second time now.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree with both comments above. Jason was annoyed that the challenge wasn't skewed to his particular taste in makeup so he skewed it that way, and Sasha (who is only 22 but she needs to toughen up fast!) should have slapped him up the side of the head and told him that he needed to get his head on straight. They are both extremely talented and honestly I think the Cowardly Lion combined with the Cheshire Cat should have been a slam dunk. Instead it turned out to be just an ugly Halloween costume.

However, the two best designs were outstanding. I would have been hard-pressed to NOT choose the flying monkey as the winner - although I think the choice of the model helped them a lot - she truly embraced the character and brought the outstanding makeup to life. There was so much expression and delight in that character...and the Tin Man was also outstanding and oddly beautiful.