TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 26, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of OC: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 26, 2014 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jasper, both Vicki and Shannon said the comments were made "off camera."

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I really wonder how successful Vicki's business is. I worked in insurance for 25 years with some very successful people, and they never stayed at their office until midnight the way Vicki claims she does. Vicki giving marital advice is just nonsense.

Shannon and David just do not seem to click at all. I am amazed they went on this show to air their dirty laundry like this.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Reenie, Vicki's insurance business is very successful. She has offices two offices in southern California. She used to have offices somewhere in Washington/Oregon area and Atlanta. I don't know if those are still open. In the early seasons when she was always "traveling," she was filmed going to her other offices. It's always different when you are the boss. One of my best friends has her own business and it is not unusual for her to work until 10:00 p.m. every night - including weekends.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Ok Lexie Girl - I didn't realize she had so many offices...thanks for clearing that up for me.

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Friday, July 18, 2014 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
So, we're sure Tamra said something about the take down, because Vicki said she heard it. And Vicki has no reason to lie to make Tamra look bad, right? I'd be more inclined to believe her if she had said something at that time, not months later in the "confessional."

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, July 19, 2014 - 3:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I could be mistaken, but I thought Vicki told Brooks at the table that Tamra did say it, but she didn't want to get into it with Tamra. Vicki probably didn't think at the time that it would escalate the way it did.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I just watched this episode. Vicki told Brooks she knew Tamra had said it because Tamra told her (Vicki) the same thing. If I had been Shannon I might have been tempted to throw Tamra over the railings. How many times do you have to tell someone to get away from you? I am pretty sure there will be no more sharing of information with Tamra from Shannon. Tamra thinks she is making good TV (as she professed on the episode of WWH following this episode). Remember how she kept repeating over and over all kinds of nasty stuff about Gretchen (some true, and as later revealed, some not so much). The list of her targets doesn't stop there. To me, having Tamra as a friend is like having a harpy at your side. Might be great fun, if you are of that character, while she is going after someone else. But, harpies can easily turn on their "friends". Just ask Vicki.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I think the reason Vicki didn't say anything at the table is she may not have thought that it was going to escalate as quickly as it did.

Tamra most definitely did say it. But the question is did Terry say that to Tamra? The reunion should be interesting.

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
I just watched the episode. Granted, I had to change the channel when the potty talk started and I threw up a bit in my mouth when Brooks kept insisting on Vicki kissing him during dinner, but I didn't hear her say anything to him at the table about Tamra saying anything about the take down. Everything she said about it was in her talking head shots. All she said to Brooks was she wasn't going to get involved.

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
I think most of these women suffer from menopause mania....

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I like Lizzie. She sees through the BS that is Tamara and now Heather this season. Now that she's gotten the name of her swim line out there, she needs to run as fast as she can away from these women!

I'm really glad that David stood by Shannon at the dinner party. I really hope the two of them work things out and then also run away from these women as fast as possible.

Every year, Tamara and Vicki have picked on someone to destroy. This year, Heather has joined in. It's such ugly behavior.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 3:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kappy, in Heather's first season she went after Alexis with Tamra when they were in Costa Rica for the "intervention."

I. Just. Can't. anymore with Tamra and Heather.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I figured Shannon out last night. On the way back from the dinner fiasco she sure brightened up and was practically cooing about her husband standing by and sticking up for her. I think she is causing all this chaos to get his attention.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
If you read the HW blogs this week, they have all put Tamra on blast. And Heather has now apologized to Shannon.

Alliet

07-11-2005

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
Tamra's hysteria, when Ryan announced (well, sort of announced) his upcoming wedding, was out of this world insane. The poor woman, engaged to Ryan, did well not not grab his hand, get up and run out of that house. What a weird, narcissistic drama queen Tamra is.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I also found out today that Shannon is Heather McDonald's sister.

I can't wait for the reunion. It sounds like they all went after Tamra.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Who's Heather McDonald?

Emibub

05-08-2011

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Emibub a private message Print Post    
Heather McDonald is a comedienne who appears on Chelsea Lately. That is all I know her from.

Tamra could not seem do squeeze one little tear from her botoxed face when she had her meltdown with Ryan and his fiance. It cracked me up.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I' just watching now and I have to say I loved when Heather (> I think ?) made the suggestion to call an ambulance for Shannon because of her breakdown. I was thinking the same thing--hoping they'd make the call--but only because I wanted to see Shannon taken to the hospital and given a tox screen and see how many substances they discovered in her system.

I also loved Shannon repeatedly saying "this isn't in my character" when, in fact, it's like the third time in 14 episodes this season she's made a spectacle of herself in a similar way. If you do it once, it might be an aberration; when it becomes your narrative on the show it is indeed in your character.

I'm tired of that Danielle girl showing up everywhere and they cut out almost all of her lines. I'm sure she was supposed to be another HW this season but for whatever reason they decided not to use her, but don't mess with me, Bravo. I realize that one episode you call her Lizzie's friend and another she's Tamra's friend and that's how you explain her presence, but just drop it. Say "Danielle -- Too Boring for This Case" and be done with it.

It's also weird how everyone except Shannon talks about Shannon drinking too much. Hmmmm. Is there a word for that?

Ryan has to be the oldest looking 28 year old in the history of this country--and maybe in the history of Western Civilization. If I saw him somewhere without knowing anything about him, I'd guess his age to be late 30s. I know he's had some obstacles, but sheesh.

Did Tamra really ask Ryan's fiancee, who she had just met, how her father killed himself? Who raised that woman? Poor Tamra has to visit her acting coach, though, cuz that performance about needing to go along to pick out the dress and the venue was ill-conceived on every level. And bless her botozed face for never cracking, but it's only fair that her face doesn't move....after all, Eddie's mouth never opens when he talks mumbles.

I can't wait for next week's salvific dinner with Vicki, Tamra, Heather, and the vodka lover.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I like Heather McDonald. Now that you've mention her being Shannon's sister, I can see the resemblance.

Is Shannon the alcoholic or is it Tamara who can't remember a thing she says or does while drinking? I'm not buying anything Tamara or Heather say about Shannon or anyone else. All of that is to deflect from their own ugly behavior.

The dinner with Tamara's son was so staged it wasn't even funny. Fake fake fake, Tamara.

Libshea

08-31-2006

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Libshea a private message Print Post    
A couple of observations: Both Tamara & Vicki make everything that involves their children about THEM. Their upset always has their feelings in the forefront. Ryan is the bad guy because he is taking away Vicki's grandson & her daughter (Briana) to OK to live. That's too far! It's not fair! Tamara's Ryan is the disloyal son who has the nerve to marry a woman (who of course looks just like Tamara, is strong and independent just like Tamara, has young children, just like Tamara, and owns her own business, just like Tamara, according to Tamara) and then move somewhere in NoCal! That's too far! That's not fair!
Even though the real drinking didn't appear to occur until after Shannon's latest breakdown, Tamara conveniently blames too much alcohol for her own behavior, and isn't even sure what she said!
There is no question in my mind that Shannon is wack-a-do. There was absolutely no need for her little speech before she left Lizzie's party. It only made her look even crazier. She makes it easy for the women to dismiss her or feel sorry for her - not a desired position to be in.
We can always count on Shannon bringing negative attention to herself. If I was David, I would want to lock her up and throw away the key. I hope her girls aren't watching their mother implode in front of millions!

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
Lizzie had one of the most cogent observations last night. While Shannon was carrying on about how if she left the party, everyone would think she's the crazy one (or whatever she said), Lizzie said something the the effect of "that's just the script in your head." Precisely.

While neither Heather nor (certainly) Tamra behaved well at that dinner, ultimately Shannon is responsible for her own behavior. When Heather wouldn't let her talk, rather than going screaming through the house, she could have calmly just walked away. She chose to escalate the confrontation. She is just as overly dramatic as Heather, if not more so (e.g describing Heather calmly but firmly asking her to "Please leave." as being yelled at to "Get out of my house!"), so she allows herself to be manipulated. But she needs to take responsibility for her own actions.

Which, of course, is the crux of this whole email issue. She chose to discuss a very personal marital issue with someone she barely knows in front of TV cameras. She has blamed everyone except herself for that information getting out. A reasonable, mature, discrete woman would realize if you choose to discuss things with people you don't know well ON CAMERA everyone is going to end up knowing your business and judging you for it. All this hysteria about Tamra being a liar and Heather throwing her out of her house and Terry saying he wants to take the Beadors down just smells like feeble attempts to deflect attention from the real issue -- she shouldn't have opened her big mouth up to Tamra in the first place.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
And it all comes back to Tamara - the queen of the uneducated and ignorant.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Do yourselves a favor and check out HOTWIVES OF ORLANDO on hulu. It's an hilarious take-off of this entire series complete with an Andy impersonator.

Kristylovesbb

09-14-2000

Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kristylovesbb a private message Print Post    
Tamara has really gotten on my nerves this season.