TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 03, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of OC: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 03, 2014 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 3:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it looked liked Shannon's glass was half full. And Cricket is right - if she was drunk she wouldn't have said the drink was too strong.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 3:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And someone asked about the Bravo blogs being closed to comments. I read on another site (so take it for what it is worth) that Sonja and Ramona didn't like what was being written about them and they accused Carole of using fake names to post and slam them. (However, if you asked Aviva, she would say that Carole hired ghostwriters to attack Ramona and Sonja on the blogs). But, anything that is posted on the Bravo blogs has to go through "moderation" before it is posted. I'm not quite sure why they think Carole is doing all of this posting since Ramona and Sonja give the fans enough to complain about on the blogs, and I'm sure Carole has way more important things to do than come up with "ghostwriting" names for blogging.

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
"Also, it's been mentioned how close Heather and Shannon...maybe a block or two? "

The Dubrow's are building their new house in Shannon's neighborhood (but still much more than a block or two away). They are not living near each other now. The scene of her driving after the meeting showed her on a major roadway, not neighborhood roads...not that it makes a difference. The correct answer to "do you want something to drink?" when you are driving, whether it's ten miles or ten blocks is, "No, thank you, I'm driving."

She isn't the only one guilty of that on this show, but the hypocrisy of worrying about what her children might hear after she blabbed about her marital problems on national TV, and then drinking and driving was just a bit too much for me.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
@Sarahsmiles - ITA with your reaction to the driving and drinking - and it makes no sense to me! Often they are shown with drivers/limos because they are drinking at the parties -- why is this different? Why would production not discuss this?

the public should be slamming them for drinking and driving!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
She only had half a drink at Heather's house. I don't think the camera crew would have gotten in the car with her if she was drunk.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Shame on Heather for talking about Shannon's e-mail with other ladies. She repeated hearsay. If she wants to be a lady of class then she needs to act like one.

Shannon should have confronted Tamra when she lied in the first place, right then and there.

Shame on Tamra for betraying a friend in that way about something so intense as marital problems.

Grossness on that massage. Please keep Brooks off of my screen.

Vicki is lucky that she's been so successful with her business. I don't know how she has been so successful with the types of decisions we see her making.

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
One doesn't need to be visibly drunk to be impaired.

Don't drink and drive. Period. If you are driving, you don't ask for a vodka soda when someone offers you a drink. It's as easy as that.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
The way she was teetering on her heels, that didn't look like her first vodka and soda, anyhow. Besides, I don't think Shannon got her reputation for drinking too much because she loves Pepsi.

And really, when you weigh 103 lbs, it's easy to have half a drink and be legally drunk.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
The way she c hugs those drinks if shes not doing it for the alcohol she might wanna get her glucose checked cuz she seems mighty thirsty!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
LOL!!

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
"Shame on ..."

Shame on Shannon for discussing private marital issues on national TV and then blaming everyone else for them getting out. While neither Tamra nor Heather have clean hands in this, Shannon is the one who discussed it first - in front of cameras. It's a bit absurd to then be all up in people's faces for talking about it.

Emibub

05-08-2011

Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Emibub a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info Lexie girl. I can't help but wonder if something like that happened. I can't imagine Carol taking the time to write fake comments. Aviva on the other hand.....

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 27, 2014 - 3:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Ramona and Sonja got all pissy because Carole, Heather and Luann have positive reader comments on their blogs (as well they should) and Ramona and Sonja are getting blasted by the fans (as well they should). Why they think Carole is ghostwriting comments is beyond me. I would think she would have better things to do with her time... like write another book.

Libshea

08-31-2006

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 3:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Libshea a private message Print Post    
Re 6/30 episode: more confusing Shannon/David scenes. Shannon still professing that everyone misunderstands their relationship, but I would have to agree with all the comments and observations that Vicki made throughout, that begs to differ. And Vicki wasn't being her usual snarky self. She was actually halfway decent.
Seems to me that Shannon and Heather are both guilty of overblowing what transpired between the two of them. Whether it's all made up drama for TV or just a good representation of how things basically are, I think Shannon is making a total fool of herself.
Still very much enjoying Lizzie.
This baby thing with Tamara is just TOO much. That whole drama really seems made up for a storyline to me! I don't think Eddie has any interest in a child in the least bit. He has been very clear about that, so when Tamara gets irritated about his lack of involvement taking care of little Astro, I want to laugh.
And, last but not least, thank god no Speedo for Brooks. I had already been nauseous for real once today.....
This is still the only RH that I watch. And one is enough for me!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Fast forwarded through the silly baby story line; not enjoying all the arguing; quit taping the Ladies of London and I am fading fast on this entire series of shows.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I love Ladies of London. I adore Caroline and Juliet is just such a hot mess I can't help but love her too. On the other hand, Caprice and Annabelle - uuuuggghhh.

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
"I think Shannon is making a total fool of herself."

When she came back to the table and said something to David about how he made her look like a , I thought, "Oh, sweetie, you don't need your husband's help with that. You do a fine job of looking like a all on your own."

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I am fascinated by Shannon. I am still trying to figure her out. On one hand, she seems very insecure, and almost fragile. On the other, she fluctuates between confrontational and passive aggressive. I would think living with someone with these personality traits would be very difficult. I think she truly loves her husband, and is desperate for his attention. Instead, based on what has been shown so far, it is obvious she is driving him away. (Funny how that works sometimes.) I think they make an attractive couple. It is obvious they both care about their kids. I hope they find whatever they need to bring peace and happiness into their relationship. I am not sure that Shannon drinks too much. Yes, we see her with a drink in her hand quite a bit, but over and over we see/hear information that they are greatly watered down. She drinks vodka tonics a similar way I do. (Me = half a shot of vodka in a large glass of tonic water with lemon and lime. I like the flavor vodka adds without the taste of alcohol.) If Shannon is a lush, it seems to me so is nearly every housewife on these shows.

I, too, fast forward through most of the baby storyline. It's dumb. Tamra was correct in her last statement directed at the baby, "Maybe you were a bad idea." You think??

I wish Heather would stop chastising her husband in front of their kids/others. (Notice any similarities with Shannon??)

How old is Lizzie's eldest child? Each to their own, but that child looked old enough to change his own diaper.

I agree, for once Vicki was the most rational of the group. Well, with the exception of the Shannon and hubby's bedroom issue.

As for London, I agree, not fond of Annabelle, at all. Not sure I care for Caprice or Noelle either.

Libshea

08-31-2006

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Libshea a private message Print Post    
I had completely forgotten about that diaper issue, Pam2uall. I have never had any children, but thought he looked way too big to be even wearing a diaper!
I also agree with you that David & Shannon make a cute couple, and I too believe she truly loves him. But she sure is going about it in the wrong way.
Too often we forget to celebrate our mate's differences from us. How else are we going to be introduced to new things while keeping some spark in the relationship?

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
According to Lizzie's blog, he just turned 4 (so he was 3 in that clip). That isn't too unusual, especially for boys, and especially when there is a younger child in the house. Just when she would have started potty training the older child, the younger one was born, which often causes a backslide in the older one.

I had a friend whose son wasn't potty trained until well after 5...

Libshea

08-31-2006

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Libshea a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the clarification, Sarahsmiles. As I mentioned, I have never had children, so am totally clueless as to how all that goes!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Pam2 - you sound like me with the vodka tonics. I love my vodka and tonic with lemon and lime, but I don't like them so strong I can't drink them. I went to someone's house a few weeks ago for dinner and the host made my vodka/tonic so strong I had to split it into three glasses and water each one down with tonic water.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I would have been set for the night, Lexie! And, a long night at that.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, July 03, 2014 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
He's way too old to still be in a diaper. That is a lazy mommy thing. She knows it too because she mentioned it, didn't she? My son was trained by 2 and my daughter trained herself at 10 months. She insisted on the potty as soon as she could walk.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, July 03, 2014 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I was surprised myself seeing that child still in diapers. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter when they are potty trained. But as a parent I couldn't wait. Not only the cost do diapers but the process of changing a kid the old is misery.

I've always said indeed to write a book on potty training. ;)