TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 12, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA: Archive through May 12, 2014 users admin

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I so hate when they all talk over each other. Had to change the channel.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Oh Kenya - How you lie to yourself!

Stormie

03-01-2007

Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info Lexie, Kenya just cracks me up with the props, but she should have stuck to a fan. I do hope Porsha goes, and after tonights reunion, she can take Phaedra with her.

I don't think Kenya is lying about Apollo, I think Apollo is lying. Even though Kenya flirted with Apollo, I don't think she did it to get with him, please, I think she did it to annoy Phaedra. And guess who could have shut that down in one felt swoop, Apollo; abiding by his wife's wishes and recognizing it hurt and upset her, would have stopped it, but I think he and Phaedra needed Kenya for their storyline--he said Kenya is nothing without him, seriously? And don't get me started on Nene, it's just too much with her; she should focus on her acting career and leave the show, it's not working for her any longer.

I still really like Cynthia and Kandi, I wouldn't mind seeing them on a show or shows, which uplift and empower people, though.

ETA: Just to add, Phaedra wasn't just being hurtful to Kenya about her fertility issues, she was being hurtful to many women and families, who go through the same or similar circumstances. There was no reason for Phaedra to go there, IMO, she didn't make Kenya look bad, she made herself look bad.

Cillysue2

05-01-2003

Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cillysue2 a private message Print Post    
The behavior of all these women is sad. They are either fake or so needy emotionally that they choose to go on TV and act like fools for the world to see and then make statements as Kenya did about how she wants to be a role model for young girls. I would hate to see what the world would come to if young girls modeled themselves after her. The show is over for me.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 3:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Stormie, I agree 100% with everything you said. If you go to the other "tea" sites, no one believes for a minute that Kenya was after Apollo. Kenya wants to get married and have children. Why would she want an ex-con with two young children? Apollo is everything Kenya is not looking for in a partner. Phae and Apollo kept that storyline alive because they needed one. They certainly didn't want the show filming the Feds coming after Apollo.

Nene was as vile as ever.

I would love to see both Nene and Phae fired along with Porsha.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 4:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
They can all leave except for Kandi!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Co signing Lexie's post.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm with Cillysue and Mictay - This is a sad group all around and they can all leave except for Kandi.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
Agree, Kenya never wanted Apollo. But she was desperate for him to want her, only for the sake of dissing Phaedra. Even worse.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh my! Apollo Nida (‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’) pleads guilty to bank, mail & wire fraud

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2014/05/06/apollo-nida-real-housewives-of-atlanta-pleads-guilty-to-bank-fraud-id-theft/

Emibub

05-08-2011

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Emibub a private message Print Post    
Shows what an idiot he actually is. He goes on the reunion knowing he is guilty and he carries on about how he "made Kenya" all full of bravado. He should have just quietly been absent the day of the reunion. These clowns who are committing illegal acts and then have the nerve to appear on TV like Apollo or Joe Giudice throwing around money acting like hotshots don't appear bright enough to mastermind these frauds.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 3:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I don't believe Kenya was desperate for Todd to want her, Todd did that on his own and she ran with it. Kenya and Phaedra were friends until the DVD fallout, but initially Todd kinda went against his wife, so that didn't help the situation. But, I do think Kenya didn't engage in a chatfest with Todd at the reunion, bc she knew what Phaedra was going through, so she ended it. Also, I just read that Kenya is an accomplished actress, so maybe, in part, she was acting throughout the season.

I hope Phaedra leaves the show, for her own sake and that of her children, though maybe it will help her, I don't know. She's going to have a more difficult time now that he pled guilty, so I do wish her all the best.

I think the housewives shows might have jumped the shark. It seems to me that these shows do one thing, isolate one person, pick on them, bully them, then everyone make up, well, sometimes. It's so boring that this one is the only one I check on, bc of Kandi and Cynthia. But if they all went away, I wouldn't miss them.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I think Stormie means Apollo. Anyways, an interesting story has now been reported about the reunion. Each HW is allowed to bring a hairdresser and makeup person to the reunion, and the hairdresser and makeup artist are allowed on-set to refresh between takes. Apollo and Phae came to the reunion separately. (It has been widely speculated that after the Feds paid Apollo a visit in Sept./Oct. that he and Phaedra separated, which is why you rarely saw them film at Phae's house. Also, Apollo had a much younger girlfriend whom Phae found out about - which makes Phae even more despicable because she knew there was nothing going on with Kenya but she kept that story alive to keep the focus off Apollo's activities and his much younger girlfriend). Anywho, back to the reunion. Apollo and Phae arrive separately but Apollo brought some sort of "posse" with him to the reunion. Why Bravo allowed this posse into the reunion is beyond me since the women are only allowed a hairdresser and makeup artist. Anyways, while they were filming, someone stole Kenya's laptop and Ms. Lawrence's wallet out of their dressing room. They had the only dressing room which was burglarized. Everyone else's stuff went untouched.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
LOL, I did, thank you Lexie. And thank you for the reunion info, wow, I hope they had some security cameras, that might help get to the bottom of the theft.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
HUUUUUUUUUUGE news breaking this weekend (courtesy of Tamra Tattles), but I have to stress this has not been totally verified even though a lot of sites are picking up the story.

Nene has been demoted to Friend of the HW.

Nene has also taken the hashtag #rhoa off her twitter account.

I guess we'll hear this week whether or not this is true, but it seems to have some legs to it being as over the course of the last three months or so there have been thousands of complaints on Andy and WWHL's FB and Twitter pages, as well as the Bravo blogs every week for them to fire Nene, Phae and Porsha. Also, Nene hasn't blogged on the Bravo website in months.

They are also reporting if Porsha is brought back (she was reportedly fired), it would only be as a "friend of the HW". No word yet on Phae, but Bravo did cancel her spin-off in lieu of Apollo's criminal indictment.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
And yet no complaints about Kenya? Kenya who initiated how many fights starting with her first her appearance on this show? Kenya with the fake boyfriend and fake fiance? Kenya who held a charity dinner and and announced that she had raised THOUSANDS of dollars for that charity when in fact, they received next to nothing? Kenya whose dog may not have even died?

But the best part? Kenya's NOT EVEN FROM ATLANTA! Seriously, how hysterical! Of all the scripted housewife shows, this one should be labeled "Fake it in Atlanta".

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 3:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kenya's dog died. The picture that was posted online with Brandon was taken over a year ago.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 4:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And what difference does it make if Kenya was not born in Atlanta? Both Lisa and Yolanda from BH are from Europe. Vicki from the OC is from the Midwest (I think the Chicago area, but I wouldn't swear to it). Gretchen was from Texas. I don't remember where Tamra is from, but she most definitely was not born in California. Joanna from Miami is from Poland; and Lea Black is from Texas. Lisa H. from Miami was from Canada and just became a citizen within the last week. Alex from NY was from the midwest.

And those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I don't think it is in the "rules" that they have to be born in that city.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lisa and Yolanda have both lived in South Cal for awhile WITH their HUSBANDS. Same for Vicki and others.

Kenya,if you remember back from her first episode, only moved to Atlanta recently before her appearance on the Housewives began.

This entire group (with the exception of Kandi) is just sad at this point. That's just my opinion.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
What difference does that make? Seriously? So you're saying there should be some sort of residency requirement before being allowed on the show? I'm sure Andy would just love that suggestion. And Kenya does have familial ties to Atlanta.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Kenya has ties to ATL, she is not however a "housewife" and of course she is not alone on this detail...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Exactly Marameko, every franchise has women on it that are not married.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
What I constitutes a housewife nowadays...at least in these shows? I don't think any of the women on any other shows qualify as a housewife in the traditional sense.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Exactly, if you go back to the first season of the OC, Jo wasn't married with children. Bethenny wasn't married with children in NYC, and the list goes on and on. So it is kind of disingenuous to say that Kenya shouldn't be on the show since she is not married and doesn't have children, because that has never been a requirement since Day One of the OC.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
SERIOUSLY? What's the difference INDEED!

Oh wait, I wasn't hating on Nene!