TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Return to Amish

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Return to Amish users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 09, 2015Seamonkey25 06-09-15  12:02 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The same people were on Breaking Amish..

As for Mary, she's still posting on Facebook..

https://www.facebook.com/MaryBreakingamish

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And she has a cookbook for sale, too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sounds like Abe and Rebecca run the FB for her.. cannot imagine her posting online..

Here is the story about what we saw on the show..

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/58527/20150109/breaking-amish-cast-news-mamma-mary-schmucker-hospitalized-find-out-how-the-family-matriarch-is-doing-photo.htm

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Eroica and Seamonkey. I am glad she is ok.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Turned out to be hernias..

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I was watching the show last night.

They asked Mary what happened to her and she said "I was in the kitchen and...............

Suddenly we got a long, detailed tornado warning and I didn't hear anything she said.

Could somebody fill me in.

It was funny that in some scenes it was Fall and in others there was snow.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, as well as I can remember, she said something like she got light headed, dizzy and fell down, then couldn't get her breath.

Last night she said it was a kidney infection. And her not drinking enough water was a problem that she needed to correct.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Granjan!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The hernias might be later in time than the filming.. I didn't go real far back on the facebook Abe and Rebecca are maintaining for Mary.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
How can Mary possibly make that Bed and Breakfast work if she doesn't make breakfast?

How can Kate (?) take so much time of from her modeling and clothes designing career?

Is this a fake reality show?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
The daughter (Katie Ann?) is going English!

I can't imagine she can make a living by barrel racing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Unlikely for sure..

I suspect Kate is paid well enough by TLC (or whatever it is) to take time from that career for her TLC career.

Mary seems to have no idea about exercise or nutrition. And while Amish women work hard. Mary is most often seen on camera sitting...

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, I have never seen Mary work hard.

How did Katie Ann get money to buy a car and pay for gas and insurance?

The guest at the B&B fed a horse and threw some food to the pig and said that is the hardest he has ever worked.

The lady guest, instead of enjoying the buggy ride, talked about wanting to get back to her car where her feet stay warm.

Winter is not the ideal time to go to a B&B in Pennsylvania but at least try to enjoy all aspects of the experience.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I think it said quite a while back that Katie Ann worked as a housekeeper. It's all so fake anyway, but I still like to watch it.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I laughed when Mary told the lady guest that the Amish always help each other out.

They do unless you are being shunned!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Really!! In fact I think that is the pain of the shunning.. all the isolation from a group that can be supportive (if you toe the line.. )

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, July 06, 2015 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
That was quite a story about when Mary went English!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Another good show tonight. I like Mary more and more!

Gidget

07-28-2002

Monday, July 13, 2015 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
I've always thought this show was mostly fake especially after all the stuff that came about the cast during the first season.

But Jeremiah's little girl crying when her daddy had to leave sure seemed real to me. Heartbreaking.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen this one yet, look forward to the Mary Makeover..

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I guess last night was the last show for awhile.

I like the new Mary!

Mimi

04-30-2009

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
I missed the last episode but saw some of the others whilst ironing, cooking, etc. I figured Mary and been a little wild. She seemed somewhat accepting of the English.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Mary looked very pretty in her English hair style and clothing.

She even looked happier than she did as an Amish woman.

Shunned for two years. Her Bed and Breakfast vandalized. No wonder she wanted out.

Katie Ann came back home. The job she left for fell through. She is staying English.

Mimi

04-30-2009

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
I've only seen a few episodes so could someone tell me why Mary's son is in prison, and what's with his wife or girlfriend?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 5:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Mimi, the son gets into fights.

He married his girlfriend even though she had cancer and was not doing well. He promised to stay out of trouble but got arrested again.

It is a strange situation. Mary and her husband went to the wedding even though the girlfriend was English. It really was a touching ceremony.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, May 01, 2017 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one watching the new episodes?

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Kid Sis and I are watching. While Rebecca's stance may seem harsh, we agree with her. She gave up when Serena's toddler was taken a 2nd time by authorities. (I don't think they said what the problems were, but assume it was due to either drugs or homeless situation like living in a car with a toddler which happened before). Now Serena is pregnant again and fighting to keep this baby too.

Back in an earlier season, Abe & Rebecca tried to get Serena back on her feet. Found and paid themselves for an apt, then 2 days later came over and Serena had totally cleared out. Then she screamed at Rebecca for being so horribly mean - how much abuse is Rebecca required to take before saying ENOUGH?

Abe & Rebecca are totally loving and responsible parents, Serena shouldn't get more opportunities to screw up her babies' lives IMO. Doubt that she will get a 'letter of reference' from them either.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm watching. I'm team Rebecca and sick of Jeremiah's constant baiting and bashing.. and he bought the classic swampland in Florida..

And Sabrina.. can't blame anyone but herself for her problems. She worked hard to get Oakley back but then failed to follow the rules which restrained Oakley's father from unsupervised visits I gather.. but can't stay away. Second child is his, too.

She looks terrible. Hope she can get it together.

And the second hour about Rebecca really showed how Mary just shows up wherever they go (or I guess more accurately, wherever the cameras will follow).

Abe is pretty sexist in terms of not wanting Rebecca to be educated, though.

And Rebecca and Abe have been through dealing with his brother and then his sister in law on drugs too.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Jeremiah acted like a fool.

When the swampy land was mentioned he said "What does it matter, we're not driving on it".

How could they afford to put a down payment on a house and a separate tract of land.

That real estate agent knew it was swamp land. I wonder if she will get into trouble.

I still like Mary. Cooking high calorie cookies and pie for the health club members. lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 3:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They have been updating in a series of shows.

Rebecca is studying for her GED. And was not supportive but now he is. He quit long distance trucking to be with family more.

Sabrina got pregnant again, same father.

She regained custody of Oakley, but one it when she went against the court order that Oakley's father couldn't have contact.

She tried to set up a home birth but that wasn't allowed due to medication she is on.

So Arianna Grace was born in the hospital.

She was early.

Sabrina asked her adoptive Mennonite parents to take custody and they were taking classes.

She and Rebecca finally stopped fighting and made up in Vegas.

But at the end it said she still struggles with addiction and had been arrested for violating her probation.

Jeremiah and Carmella.. They were doing the carny circuit selling big donuts, I guess living in a trailer.

Off season they went to Florida to buy property. Jeremiah insisted on buying two properties, one with a fixed upper house, the other that seemed like swamp.

Lots of arguing.

Mary came down with Abe in a Trans Am she bought and hid from Chester and she took them to Sarasota.

Rebecca came down later and Jeremiah was unhappy and critical.

After they left, more arguing.

Carmella took her kids and drive to Washington state, where her oldest son and grandson lives.

Oh and before that they started preparing for in vitro because with seven kids between them .. Not that he sees his three much .. They wanted another.. Except when she had major bowel work done, she had her tubes tied.

She told Jeremiah not to follow her, give her time.

He went to Punxsy to Mary.

Mary and Rebecca, not being told of Carmella's request, advised him to go to her, which he did. They both went to Mary's.

Rebecca told them that a marriage counselor had helped her and Abe.

So Jeremiah and Carmella went to him..what a disaster even the counselor seemed to feel that way..

Anyway, Mary decided they should have a honeymoon in Vegas, with her.

Rebecca had to study and Abe wasn't going, but Mary broke her leg,so Abe went.

They decided to renew their vows.. though Carmella said they had stuff to work out so she wondered if it was a good idea.

Mary invited Sabrina and Rebecca.. This was when confrontations happened, with Rebecca showing amazing insight.. And they were all getting along.. Except for Mary and Abe gambling.. Mary seems to gamble a lot.

They had the vow renewal.

At the end the update said they separated again, but were trying to work on things.

Chester left Mary a message in Vegas.

The update said news of Mary having the Trans Am, driving, going to Vegas and Sarasota had flown through the Amish community in Punxsy and Chester might be banished.

The season had other stuff like Mary learning to drive.

Mary having a Tupperware party for Sabrina and being warned by some woman that it was her area.

Kate didn't participate in this season.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: