TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 18, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of OC: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 18, 2014 users admin

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Northwest- Heather said this in her blog -"Yes, Shannon, Vicki and Danielle were all late. I knew Danielle would be late (because she told me ahead of time). I never would have mentioned Shannon being late during the party. Definitely not the appropriate time. However, I walked up in the conversation while everyone was sitting down for lunch and Tamra said, "We were talking about why Shannon was late," so I responded. If she had said, "We were just talking about why Vicki was late," I would have responded to that. I felt roped into that conversation (no pun intended)."

I thought Heather looked so cute at the Ho-down!
I like her and I like Lizzie- she stands up for herself!
Heather also wrote about the bull riding and that she told the guy controlling the bull to turn it up but it was before Tamara got on the bull, and she said he didn't speak English.

Libshea

08-31-2006

Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Libshea a private message Print Post    
At this point, the only OC housewife that I like is Heather. She may come off a little snooty, but I would much rather see that than the juvenile and crass behavior of Vicki & Tamara. Tamara likes to stir up things and Vicki thinks she is something special -- and she couldn't be further from the truth. And that snoring bit. All she wants is the attention on her. Heather has a beautiful family, a loving husband and a really nice career. Deep down those women are jealous of her and can't face the fact that she has what they all want. I think Lizzie will be fun to watch (so glad that Lydia is history) and hopefully this will be the last we see of Shannon -- specially because she and Vicki seem to be bonding.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Catching up on the last few episodes.

I'm pretty much over Heather and her Superiority Complex. I feel like Chairgate was all her fault. I never heard Shannon "screaming at her all the way from the bathroom." I don't care who "told" Heather to move at first. Maybe it was editing, but I saw Vickie stand behind one chair, ready to take it, then Heather sat down in the next chair, so Shannon moved to the one next to that. Then I heard Vickie say, "Shannon" in a kind of whiny voice, and Shannon stood behind Heather and pointed to her and shrugged (which I interpret as, "She's sitting there, so what do I do but take the next chair?"). As far as I could tell, whoever ended up “telling” (or probably more like asking) Heather to move down one spot so Vickie and Shannon could sit together as they wished did not make it past the editing room floor.

So then I see Heather sitting and stewing and getting herself more and more angry that someone has dared to tell her what to do. It was completely beyond acceptable for her to “take back her chair" when Shannon went to the bathroom. At that point, it wasn’t Heather’s chair, it was Shannon’s. I’d have been saying, “what the heck" too if I came back from the bathroom and someone had taken my chair. Then Heather does this whole passive/aggressive thing about the chair and how if it’s that important to Shannon about the chair, and yadda yadda yadda after that. And then she starts in on Shannon and how she had “scared her" with her whole “angry thing." Oh brother!!

I’m betting that if Shannon and Vickie had ended up sitting on either side of Heather, and had to lean over her to carry on their conversation, it would have been a whole different can of worms Heather would have ended up lecturing about.

Now, I do agree that Heather is right that folks who expect to be late to a party just need to let her know. That’s the polite thing to do. But good heavens she made such a standing issue of it!

Now, as for the Bull Riding Incident, I really hope Tamra sees the footage and realizes that Heather clearly told the operator to “turn that up" when Tamara mounted the bull. I can’t believe that later, Heather was blaming the operator for running it at a higher speed. I don’t believe for a minute that she told him that before Tamra got on the bull, and that he didn’t speak English. She’s clearly in CYA mode. You could see it on her face as she fabricated a story. Including the whole, “God’s way of telling you not to mess with me" thing. I’m thinking, that was more Heather’s way of telling Tamra not to mess with her.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
Rubyroo77...thanks for the additional info, that makes so much more sense now. As much as I don't buy into the whole "it's was how I was edited" scenario, I do buy into things being left on the cutting room floor that might clear events that get blown up bigger than they should. It's kind of nice to have the blogs so at least the housewives have some kind of opportunity to clear stuff up.

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
I was sitting right behind them at Javiers (you can see me in the background) and I would never have known a fight or "chairgate" was going on. I honestly had no idea as they were pretty quiet about it and I was really close. At the time I did not know the new housewives (Shannon and Lizzie). Their fight was pretty low key from my view

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty much over Heather and her Superiority Complex. I feel like Chairgate was all her fault. I never heard Shannon "screaming at her all the way from the bathroom."

Excellent post, Whoami. I agree with everything you posted. I'm seeing Heather this year the same as you are. I'm concerned about how she twists the facts when telling her husband how things went down. It reminds me so much of that gal whose husband committed suicide. Their last season she twisted everything around to him and he got angry because he didn't know it wasn't the truth and she was telling the girls different things.

On an upcoming episode you see Heather's husband yelling at Shannon's husband and I can't help but feel he's very angry at these people because of how Heather has twisted the story when she tells it to him.

Chairgate was indeed her fault. Who does that? It was so childish. Also, when she and Tamra had a discussion about how Heather seems to look down on the other girls, I felt Tamra was being sincere, but Heather again made it something it wasn't when telling her husband. He is going to feel like a fool when he actually watches the episodes and sees what really happened.

I liked Heather in some of the older shows I've seen her act in, but Wow...she's really getting to be a huge snob and for some reason she goes after Shannon I feel because she knows Shannon is vulnerable. I'm really surprised at her haughtiness because she seemed so down to earth on her TV shows.

The one thing that really bothered me about the "Hoedown" epi was the crude remarks made by Shannon and Tamra's husbands when the women were riding the mechanical bull. There were children around and their remarks were so trashy.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't be surprised if Heather's husband yells at Shannon's husband over the remarks he made toward Heather when she was bull riding. They were incredibly inappropriate and he might have decided to wait until an appropriate time to tell him off.

Debra

11-19-2003

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Tishala is correct. Heather was on Access Hollywood Live today and was asked what made Terry so mad. She said it was the comments made while she was getting on and riding the mechanical bull.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Debra- here is a link to Access Hollywood interview with Heather-

http://www.accesshollywood.com/heather-dubrow-talks-real-housewives-drama_video_2186337

Debra

11-19-2003

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Your welcome Rubyroo. Thanks for finding the video.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I, too, completely agree with your post Whoami. I don't like the way Heather talks down to people. I also don't like the way she discounts others wants/feelings/concerns. Examples: Her husband wanted onion rings at a dinner last year. No way was he getting onion rings. Some of the women have talked one on one with Heather about how they don't like how she talks to them. Her response with eyebrow raised and nose tilted to the sky: And. She takes no responsibility and has no intention of modifying her approach. And even though I admire many things about Heather, I would probably go nuclear if not the first, then certainly the second time, she pulled that crap on me.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Heather came back this season as the only one willing to film with Vicki and Tamra. All three are struggling to create DRAMA where there isn't any just to have a storyline.

Tamra was just as inappropriate at one her daughter's 4 year birthday party as apparently her new husband was in front of children at this party. It's something she and Simon disagreed on. It's the reason they're divorced.

Tamra is nearing menopause and wants to remain in denial so she's going to pretend she might be pregnant just like Vicki did a few seasons ago. Recycled storylines. BORING!

Libshea

08-31-2006

Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Libshea a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link Rubyroo77. I happen to be a fan of Heather. I know she can come off a bit haughty and uppity but overall I prefer her style over Vicki's & Tamara's, both of whom are crass and immature and very self centered. Tamara acts like a 20 yr old who is still exploring life and sexuality -- Vicki is so judgmental and self-righteous and is going to end up alone or with an abusive mate if she doesn't step back and allow people to be who they are without her interference. I do believe that of all the OC women, Heather will be the most content with her life in the long run.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I agree with everything you've said Libshea. That is just how I see it, too.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
Ditto Libshea.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
You are welcome Libshea and Debra! :-) And Libshea very well said! ITA!

Alliet

07-11-2005

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
Good Lord, Tamra is getting progressively worse with each passing season. She's a nasty person, through and through. How rude of her to keep harping on about the TV gym exposure.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Isn't that the truth, Alliet? Or is she just too dumb to understand the situation. Dumb and nasty, I think.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 12:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
you know your position is weak when Vicki seems like a voice of reason.

I still say that Shannon is just a big old drunk. And her husband too. They probably drink so much so they can put up with each other.

Heather handled the piling on far better than Vicki did a few years ago or Alexis did a couple years ago (this show always seems to have gang ups on one person or another). Those two turned into puddles of goo or hostile shrews. To her credit, Heather mostly kept her cool and stayed relatively rational throughout, although I did want to hear more of Terry's explanation of his texts to Tamra. But I'd find it hard to believe that an objective observer could watch that contretemps between Tamra, Shannon, and Heater and think that Tamra and Shannon came out of it looking good.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
I think Shannon came onto the show determined to stand out in some way, and that seems to have taken the tactic of being loud, opinionated, and a victim, for now, of Heather. Shannon seems to be just so jealous of Heather's intelligence, financial position, and ability to speak with calm reason and authority. All Shannon can do is to keep whining that Heather is condescending, which I think is ridiculously untrue.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I feel Shannon has Heather figured out completely. When in a group Heather had no problem 'helping' Alexis and others see the error of their ways, but when on the other side, she refused to address two people at once.

Shannon has her eccentricities, but she has zeroed in on Heather's personality very well. She understands how Heather always gets the upper hand.

I lol'd when Tamra said Terry texted her. Oh geez, the look on his and Heather's faces.

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
Say what you will about Heather, she at least knows how to apologize when she's wrong. She was wrong to talk to Eddie about Tamra wanting a baby, and she admitted it, said it was inappropriate, said she was sorry, and didn't offer a single excuse.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
I have much more respect for Shannon. She was on WWHL last night and she said that she has used the show to help her become more self aware. Good for her! She said her marriage is better because of seeing her behavior.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 3:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Pdx, I don't think Shannon is jealous of Heather's financial position. Shannon comes from serious money.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
Really urked me that Tamara goes to the doctor to try to get stuff to be younger, does all the botox, surgery etc. then since she has taken ryan there and he gets hit with reality of what the drugs did or could do to him she goes into a rant of why do this stuff to your body and yourself for looks.....huh????????? she is such a hypocrite

I have to admire Shannon that she admits her faults toward her relationship with her husband that she is controlling and could give some. Really hope that they can work thru and save their relationship.