TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 21, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Jon & Kate Plus 8: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 21, 2014 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It's not the withholding of items, it's the glee she appears to take in doing it. As I tell me tween all the time "it's your attitude".

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Exactly Brenda. It's the pre-planning and the glee. Also when she says they are becoming more intelligent she almost says it like it is a bad thing. It sounds like she is in a battle with her children.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
The chick is plain old mean. I hope it is not true that the married body guard is dating her. My suggestion to him would be to "run dude, run as fast as you can". Besides he has a family to think about.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
When she had Jon there he was a big help with the kids and she talked the same mean way back then, so I don't think raising the kids alone is the reason she acts like a drill sergent

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Guess I'm on the outs here cause I really don't see anything wrong with her taken their things away...Its a new world and those are the things that matter to kids, and I personally don't see anything wrong with her parenting.. maybe a little overboard sometimes.But jeez with 8 kids you gotta have some control in that house. Half the kids I see today are nothing but spoiled little brats, JMO.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Jimmer. That is sick and twisted. I have never bought a gift for my child with the intent of taking it away for punishment. Those poor kids are petrified of her. She's like mommy dearest!
I remember she didn't have a great relationship with her family- I wonder if that is why she is so cruel. Sill no excuse for that!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yep, it's the tone and attitude of how she does things that is so ugly and undesireable. I just saw on Nancy Grace that Jon has apparently made a deal with Kate that he won't pay child support and she has free reign to have them on TV as much as she wants. So we may get more Kate on TV showing us Mommie Dearest in action!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought she was kidding when she said that

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Kate has never showed the tv audience a clear sense that she is emotionally sweet to the kids or anyone for that matter.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
The commercial of Kate saying she could be the clown at the party and her daughter saying "PLEASE no" .. and then Kate with the wig and nose saying "I can't wait until my kids see me" ... just goes to show how CHILDISH she is ... her daughter asked nicely... seems they can't please her and she continues to antagonize .. I sure hope they grow up "normal" despite of her...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
In Touch is going after Kate now -- something about some diary detailing all the mean abusive things she does to her kids. I have to wonder if Kate doesn't see this "mean Mommie Dearest" gig as one way to keep her face on TV.

Debra

11-19-2003

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Jon & Kate plus 8 marathon on now.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
There is an update show on this evening that is new.

Dahli

11-27-2000

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
on TLC Karuuna?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, it's on tonight on TLC. 8 pm Mountain time, not sure about other time zones:

Kate Plus 8: Sextuplets Turn 10
Episode: Update With the 8
NEW

Spread thin by the hectic schedules of her 8 chidren, Kate and the family try to plan a birthday spectacular for the sextuplets as they turn double digits.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's a 2 parter, and part 2 is next week.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I kinda agree with Mictay, I don't see anything terribly wrong with confiscating the phones and iPads. I suspect that punishment confiscation was an unexpected derivative disciplinary measure. Confiscate away.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought Kate seemed her usual self tonight in the show. No worse than I remember. Poor Mady is still such a PITA.

I love their new bird. He acts like mine. Crawling all over you when you are trying to get stuff done in the kitchen. I laughed when in the preview that he landed on the cake in the frosting, LOL

I am guessing they are saving the worst for part 2 next week. lol

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 4:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I like Mady. I think all the qualities that make her a p.i.t.a. now will serve her well as an adult. I wish Cara was more like her, they seem to agree on most things but she just lets Mady vocalize it and get the crap while she quietly sits there and lets Kate praise her.

Naja, I agree about Kate. By now we know she just isn't a likeable person, not like she is any different from day 1.

ITA about the cellphones and ipads!! That's a parenting teenagers no-brainer... find their currency and use it. Duh! LOLOL More people would probably agree if Kate didn't have such a completely unlikeable way of communicating.

It was kewl to see the kids growing into their own personalities and looks. Only one of the girls (can't remember her name) really looks like Jon. Hard to tell if any really look like Kate since she has changed her face (I know she denies it). My mom only had 3 girls but until we were teens we pretty much got stuck with same haircut, good on Kate for taking the time to let 8 kids find their own style.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Most of the time I find Kate pretty annoying but I do have to agree with her on the phones and iPads.

Mady is just a kid I would not want to deal with and fortunately I have no one like her around me. She makes me happy I have zero children. Her siblings make me wish I did have kids?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I greatly enjoyed the show. Kate's parenting style for 8 kids works for me. I think she's doing a good job.I liked her a bit more last night than I have in quite awhile.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Me, too, Ophiliasgrandma. With eight kids so close in age either you run a tight ship r you let things go. We've seen Kate and Jon exemplify both sides of the spectrum. As much as Mady may complain about her mom, kids need discipline. My guess is she and her siblings will be thankful soon enough that their mom was a strong lady. Give me a clean house any day.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Her kids seem to be afraid of her and I see no sign of any kind of cuddle time with Kate and her kids. She lines the kids up and tells them they are going to do something fun and none of them seemed into it, and then she yells at them, some fun they are going to have. Also, I didn't like the mean way she beat the kids in their game and she kind of liked doing it. Also telling one of the boys to get a filter and think of a better way to tell his sister he didn't like her hair was just stupid. I just do not like her.

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Saturday, June 21, 2014 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
Her kids are afraid of her, you can tell.
Mady on the other hand is JUST LIKE HER MOTHER!!!
Cara wanted no part of the show and you can tell. The stories these kids will tell when they can. WATCH

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, June 21, 2014 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I thought the 'filter' for his mouth was a touch of genius.