TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 04, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 04, 2014 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Mysti, I hear that!

Libshea

08-31-2006

Saturday, May 24, 2014 - 12:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Libshea a private message Print Post    
Their lifestyle and religious beliefs are so far on the other side of the spectrum from mine, and yet I so love this family. They all seem so content with their lives and it certainly doesn't appear that any of the children feel neglected or deprived. What a refreshing thing to witness. I don't record or purposely watch their show, but whenever it happens to be on when I turn on the TV I am drawn in. Unlike that K family -- I turn that nonsense off immediately.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The Bate's family daughter's wedding:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2014/05/first-look-at-bates-family-daughters-wedding/

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I too have to say that in this day and time when young people are on drugs, alcohol, sex, it is refreshing to see "normal" kids and their relationships. No unwed pregnancies or addictions!! More power to them.

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
The Kimye wedding is just an embarassment. It's her 3rd wedding so it was all so unnecessary.

I think both couples are adorable. However:

-Does anyone get a creepy vibe from Jim Bob?
-Ben is a stage 5 clinger
-Does Michelle do anything?? I swear it always looks like it's the kids doing stuff.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I look at Michelle as the CEO of the company. She is in charge of the operation and they would all fall apart without her, but she is a good delegator like any good CEO.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I 2nd what Texannie said.........

However, I do get a vibe from Jim Bob - won't call it creepy, just that he is weird. He is a strange man! Maybe, that's how they got the way they are..........NO, I don't find any of the rest of them "strange". I think Michelle has just adjusted very well.

Ben & Derick are very obviously "in love" with Jesse & Jill! I am so loving seeing this! The girls look equally into the guys......so fun to get to watch young folks fall in love!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
yes, Jim Bob is a little geeky, but I don't get a creeper vibe.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just watched the 'Dinner Party' and loved it. The kids were are so special and sweet.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
again, I will agree w/Texannie.............."Jim Bob is a little geeky".

Michelle loves her geeky husband & nobody can deny that. I find the females to be very well adjusted but, the males...........seem a little out there to me. Could be that I think Jim Bob is a "little out there" & his male offspring has picked this up.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I mentioned this several years back. Jim Bob reminds of Kenneth the page on the show "30 Rock". Maybe a bit more grown up version. Either way, he's still somewhat odd.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
yep.........Jim Bob is so out there! Michelle IS what makes this family work.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I think Jim Bob is, even after all these years, very uncomfortable being on camera and that is actually what we are seeing and that what makes him come off as being odd.

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
To me, Jim Bob is what we used to call a goober. lol
Meaning he is just socially awkward.

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
Makes sense Ophilliasgrandma.

I wasn't trying to be rude, just got a weird vibe from him

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
that's the exact word..goober! LOL

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
From the Urban Dictionary:

goober
basically a goober is just a kindhearted, rather oblivious goofball. it's term of endearment really. it comes from the ancient scottish verb "to goub", which has to do with doing a dance and smiling sheepishly while doing so, exposing the goubs in one's teeth.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
perfect definition!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Used to, I would just catch this show while surfing because there was nothing else I planned to watch. Now, I plan to watch this show & look forward to it. I enjoy the girl kids much more than the boy kids. I can actually name all 9 of the girls in order of birth but get lost on all those boys in the middle. I know Josh is the oldest of the 10 boys & Jackson is the youngest. I know the oldest girl, Jana is a twin with a boy that I think is named John something. Then, there is a boy named Joseph but I can't place what he looks like. Then, there is a boy that just graduated high school that has always stuck out to me a little because he's a really cute & spunky kid but I can't think of his name either, & I can't tell you anything about the other 5 boys. Maybe, it's because Jana, Jill, Jesse, & Jinger all all older & Joy is the only girl in the middle with the 4 youngest kids all being girls: Johanna, Jennifer, Jordan, & little cutie pie Josie.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Anyway, these kids are good lookin' inside & out & I'm looking forward to watching tonight's season finale.

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
All of their girls are really pretty. Josie is cute too :-)

Spoton

09-16-2005

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Awwww!! That was the sweetest, most romantic proposal ever! What a wonderful idea to have a song written. I was grinning and crying all at the same time.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
me too............

"Goobers" are so easy to love! I have my own........been living w/him for over 19 yrs & wouldn't trade him for the world!

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, June 04, 2014 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
What we have to remember is that these people are not actors and I think Jim Bob just isn't that comfortable on camera even after all this time. I truly loved watching him laugh at a few things a couple of shows back, I think that showed his true personality.

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Wednesday, June 04, 2014 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
What an adorable song.
They make a great match an I guess it was a short engagement since they are getting married this month.