TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 23, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 23, 2014 users admin

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
The thing that bothers me about it is that it is not how Jim Bob and Michelle were raised and not how they dated. This is just how they chose to raise their family after they were already married.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 3:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
many parents choose to raise their kids differently from how they were raised.

it's not how i would handle dating with my kids, but they all seem to have a good head on their shoulders and understand why their parents believe it's the right way to date. i was tickled how many of the siblings expressed skepticism at the daughter who went to Nepal to meet the guy. when my kids were in high school, my daughter wasn't allowed to 'car date' till she was 15 and were mostly only allowed to go on group dates...some thought that odd. i do think there is something to be said in taking it slowly and getting to know someone.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I would have loved to have gone the 'courting' route. It would have probably saved a lot of heartache.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

I sure wish they weren't in the bullseye so often.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
it's not how i would handle dating with my kids, but they all seem to have a good head on their shoulders and understand why their parents believe it's the right way to date.

I do agree with you about this and it is my understanding that the Duggars have guidelines but the children are free to do as they please, so they are not forced to follow these rules.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
and yet, they seem to be very comfortable following them. i haven't heard of any of them rebelling, and i am sure the press would be all over that!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Brainwashing can make one very compliant. And I'm pretty sure the kids haven't caught on to the idea of self or individualism, in the way the the "mainstream" person has been exposed too.

The girls are showing the same level as a 7th grade girl with their first boyfriends.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
how interesting the latest commercial for India? The man seemed to say he didn't think, or know if... and he went a door, then they cut to Jinger, just walking alone.... so glad to know that they are already engaged, it makes the commercial just that more interesting to me!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
They are in Nepal.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
They have not personally been exposed to the "mainstream" way of dating but they all have laptops it seems so they've been exposed to some degree. They all seem to choose the life style to lead that has been presented to them. Michelle & Jim Bob may not have conducted their own early dating lives in this way but they sure lead by example to their kidos today. I don't understand how they avoid at least a little rebellion in some of the teens. You see rebellion in the younger folks with Michelle nipping it in the bud before it becomes an issue. Possibly that is how she has always been with her children & it works.

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
Can I just say if I asked my parents to take me across the world to meet a man they would laugh at me lol

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Bb_dior, chance's are if you were on a sponsored reality show, they'd jump at it, since the trip is probably paid for by the producers.

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche, very true but in the real world they would laugh

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ok. :-)

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I think because Jim Bob knew him for a year prior and has his own kind of man crush on him played a part too.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Right. He was his Prayer partner, or somesuch.

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
Definitely. It's just a long ass flight lol

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the show last night, I'm so impressed with how these girls act and carry themselves, I don't agree with everything they do but nothing like having respectful children who enjoy learning new things and new areas. Jim Bob is a bit annoying though.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Jim Bob is a wuss ... I couldn't believe his actions when he was getting a shave... SERIOUSLY .. he wanted Michelle to hold his hand because of what "HE WAS GOING THROUGH"!!! Michelle birthed all of his kids .. without that much complaint.. (put together - probably!)

I don't know if he was acting at that moment .. (probably will say he was once he sees how ridiculous he looked and sounded) ... but my opinion of him went way down after that show!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Me thinks Jim Bob has a man crush on his prayer partner.

Definitly like the bearded look better on the boyfriend.

The sling shot thing and the chess playing with the boys is lame and useless....all of a sudden tlc wants to show Michelle as a involved and interested mother?

Jim Bob was a much less intrusive chaperon than Michelle. Michelle was all over them and constantly moving them apart and giving vile glances. Jim Bob was almost encouraging closeness.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Okay, I'm shallow. I like the kid and think he is probably the perfect man for Jill, but I wish he had a bit more 'curb' appeal. She's so cute and he's so not. Like I said I'm pretty shallow on this point.

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 1:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
I just saw Jill's wedding registry at Walmart! Very practical and budget minded. Now compare to the Hoopala going on with the Kardashian/Kimye wedding. I know which one I'd choose! Viewpoints aside. I do enjoy this family. I love their commitment to God and family.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 12:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't watch this show anymore, but I just saw a preview (maybe a recap?) of a scene where Michelle is visiting a fertility doctor. The doctor told her that there is a one in 4 to 5 chance that any baby she conceives right now would have Down Syndrome.

NOT one in 45. One in 4 to 5.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp/55212617#55212617

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think both couples are awfully cute. I wish them nothing but love and happiness. No matter what you think of their beliefs or the family, they all seem to be very together and happy people.

Mysti

09-28-2005

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mysti a private message Print Post    
I have to admit, I feel better after watching an episode of the Duggars courting relationships than I feel after watching an episode of Teen Mom.