TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 03, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 03, 2014 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They don't do it on their show, that's the point, Oliviamimi. They do it on the campaign trail for the most the extremist candidates, and also at their protests. It's not on camera for their show, and I think the network knows that would be bad for the show.

eta: and I'll say it again. On the show what they say is they don't judge others or push their beliefs on others.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's distorted and dishonest not to show that as part of the TV show if it is an important part of their lives and beliefs.

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Ok Najaf I will try and find footage of them on the campaign trail.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's an awkward subject for me. I totally disagree with their views but I support their right to express their views.

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Sorry for typos I'm on sons ipad

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Ditto for me jimmer

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Naja, thanks, I'm also aware of the full set of views of Quiverfull, we were just mostly talking about abortion at the last. Frankly, Quiverfull feels very cult-like to me. It seems to me that any faith that focuses almost solely on one aspect of a religion (be fruitful and multiply) seems to have missed the point.

Did you know that their goal is for EVERY woman in the movement to have 20 children? So, it is any wonder that the Duggars didn't stop? And why so many? Some of their stated goals are to outnumber Muslims, to take over Congress, to boycott heathen companies....

It's really very extreme when you suss out the truth about it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, on the one hand, I agree with you that people ought to be free to express their views.

But that comes with being willing to accept the consequences for holding such extremist views, esp when they are patriarchal, anti-gay, and against many things that are perfectly acceptable in our society.

The fact is, some views need to be spoken out against also, especially if they have a big public platform on which to express them.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. Free speech means people have the right to state their beliefs. Free speech doesn't mean you can say anything you want with no reaction or consequence. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I wasn't sure I could find this, but I did. This is Jim Bob Duggar making himself look, uh, dumb and dumber, on the campaign trail for Cucinelli... if this is advocacy, well, I don't think we have to worry:

http://freakoutnation.com/2013/10/17/the-duggars-campaign-for-cuccinelli-ends-up-looking-like-an-audition-for-dumb-and-dumber/

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL, that's the segment I saw on tv that prompted me a few days ago to start the latest awareness in this thread.
Thank you for posting that, Kar.

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Poor thing.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
That was work a good laugh, thanks for posting the linkKaruuna...pricless....bless their hearts.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I hate to even pop this thread up here since I normally stay out since these people upset me..

but Michelle is pregnant again.. goin' for #20, due in April.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
She tried for number 20 before and lost it.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
i truly play the pregnancy ends in a healthy baby.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
There's nothing I can find on google about Michelle being pregnant right now. Jubilee the baby she miscarried 2 years ago would have been no. 20 and was due in April 2012. Maybe Sea saw old news.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Apparently I saw a current report of old news.. a great many people were also taken in, but someone busted them in comments I was reading later.

So as far as we know, Michelle is still trying to get pregnant but is not pregnant currently, or has not announced it if she is.

Whew.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I think Michelle is 47 and her last two pregnancies have been difficult. I think she is winding down.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 1:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not on purpose, but the body does finally decide to give it a rest and I assume they wouldn't go the hormone route.. but I'm glad that turned out to be an old article dredged up by my browser/home page.. for her sake as well, since there definitely is a risk to her.

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
New season starts soon & the one girl is finally in a courtship.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
the DD in courtship is not even the oldest, she's the 3rd DD & is 21. The oldest is 24, Jana. I just find that odd side hug thing a little strange. Their lifestyle is not for me but I'm not knocking it cause it sure seems to work for them.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just read that he's 3 years younger than she is.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, you got it absolutely right. Tlc is being dishonest on showing the entire reality of the mindset of this family. They Duggars are pretty vile when it comes to lbgt issues. TLC has often been dishonest in how they portray their tv families.

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
OMG I am all here for the courtship, it's so awkward yet fascinating. The side hugs, double dates, the parents seeing everything!! Lord have mercy!