TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 16, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: General Discussion (Various Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through January 16, 2014 users admin

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
To me it seems like styled to rock designers are far less experienced or professionally trained the than the folks on runway. It's not a bad show...for what it is.

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
no it's not. they do have big name guest stars!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 25, 2013 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Do we have a Vanderpumps or whatever the name of that show is thread? I just think the guy should dump Stassi and move on.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, December 08, 2013 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Naked and Afraid is starting up again on the Discovery Channel - this time with two sets of couples. Tonight's episode synopsis from D . . .

"In this special two-hour episode, two pairs of strangers, unaware of the others existence, are dropped miles apart in the unforgiving Panamanian rainforest to survive for 21 days under the harshest of conditions. Watch as each couple battles the elements, each other, and their own inner weaknesses to see who will triumph over the terrain or who will fail under the force of nature."

I enjoyed the first season of this show not just because of how they dealt with the elements but also because of how they dealt with each other. Trust me - you get past the nakedness pretty quickly as it isn't all that important in the overall scheme of things. I think it's done initially more to strip them down emotionally as much as anything else.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, December 08, 2013 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I read after one of the female contestants got home she had durangee fever and almost died. She said shed do it again in a heartbeat

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Monday, December 09, 2013 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching "Breaking the Faith" it's the reality show where young people leave the FLDS. It's like "Breaking Amish" but not as scripted and over the top - so far.
I'm liking it.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, December 09, 2013 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I'm watching BtF and agree so far it seems less scripted. I won't be happy til they let their hair down and put on a pair of jeans and tank top.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Sorry kappy I sort of spoiled. I did not know they included her illness on the show. I'm curious what is the compensation for doing the show?no way would I go thru that hell and parade my dimply butt on camera for free.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have watched Breaking the Faith.. it is okay.

Has anyone been watching Generation Cryo? I have to say that I have really enjoyed Bree, who is trying to find about her sperm donor dad, but has been meeting her half sisters and brothers around the country. I like that the show, while it deals with issues that upset some of them.. especially one of the dads who has some issues since he couldn't have kids and they used a donor, but everyone is so respectful and supportive and real, but not all drama (and the show is on MTV). I think only two episodes left, but I've liked it and would much rather follow Bree in another show than any teen mom ever.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lakecat - no need to apologize! I don't think of that as a spoiler at all.

I have no idea what the compensation is but most of them so far seemed to be already involved in 'survival' through working as guides or instructors or they are ex-military and learned skills that way. In the first season, they all seemed up for challenging themselves and seeing what they were really made of.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Sea, I've been watching and have been loving it too! I love Bree's spunk and how warm and inviting all the half-sibs and their parents are. And what a strong resemblance they all have!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, December 12, 2013 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I am enjoying The Sing Off... Ben Folds has to be the best judge on any musical competition ever!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, December 12, 2013 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, I said that on Facebook today. I said I love Ben "the best judge on a singing contest show ever" Folds.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, December 13, 2013 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
To paraphrase Ben Folds.... Nick: (after a group sang It's hot in here) Ben, was it hot enough for you to take your clothes off? Ben: Nick, everyone knows that I only disrobe when it is 98 degrees out.... or something similar to that. I thought Nick was going to bust out laughing. Ben Folds is a quick wit.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 16, 2013 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Has anybody caught that new show on TRUTV called "Panic Button"?

I think the only way to describe it is that it's like the show "Total Blackout" on steroids!

They will already be up to episode 5 this Thursday, but I see they have the first few eps rerunning and in on-demand.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Remember -- Starting Over?? I was going through old bookmarks -- Audrey Tucker who THOUGHT she was a country singer and knew it all. She has a Facebook page -- Audrey Tucker fan page. So she sings? I searched her in iTunes store. All that came up was a podcast from an interview on a radio program. Haven't listened to it all yet. Audrey is still "singing". I don't think she's really make it yet.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, January 03, 2014 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I remember her, Colordeagua. I just started listening to one of her songs but had to stop before I got a minute into it. I thought she sang better than that on the show, but that could just be my fading memory. lol! From the tiny bit I listened to, I don't envision her getting any airplay.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I have always had issues watching some shows on line with pop ups and ads and it doesn't seem to,matter what I do. I know, Goddess I believe, was talking about how great The Great British Bakeoff is. So for those that want to watch it, the whole fourth season is on YouTube.

And it was really good. Ready set, bake!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
MTV is doing another dating-type show starting in a couple of weeks called "Are You The One?"- They took 20 singles- and subjected them to extensive questioning, personality tests, etc., and determined the 10 "perfect matches". Now all the singles have to do is figure out what they are- they'll go on activities, live in the same house (in Hawaii), and then at the end of each week pair off into couples- and if within 10 tries they get all 10 perfect matches, they'll split $1 million between them.

The catch being, how the couples fall for each other organically may not be what the "experts" say should happen- and if they can't figure out the "right" pairings, no one wins anything.

http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2014/01/07/mtv-embarks-on-an-ambitious-social-experiment-with-new-series-are-you-the-one-891504/20140107mtv01/

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I did not find a thread for "Ink Master" so am posting here.
I am so excited! The girl who did my first tattoo is a contestant! Her name is Melissa Monroe. I am so hoping she does well.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have been watching it too. Considering I am not a tattoo fan, it is kind of odd, but now my niece is getting sleeves, her artist seems a little subdued so far, clean lines clear pictures. Is it just me or do some of those tattoos seem too dark that you can hardly see the picture.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I watch all of them! Best Ink is on tonight. Not sure when Ink Master will be.
I agree, some of them seem dark and/or busy. The one she did for me is not huge and not busy. It was exactly what I wanted. :-) I cannot imagine getting a large one! I have 3 and think I am done. lol
It will be interesting to see what she does on the show. I wonder what they will show as her background too. If I recall, she came in to the place where I went as an apprentice and worked her way up. She does lots of piercings and has them too. She was super patient and gentle; hope that does not hurt her.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Another season of Ink Master has started and I missed it! Darn--what night is it on?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
You're in luck, Cablejockey. According to this article posted on Jan 14, the premiere of season 4 of Inkmaster doesn't air until next month!

Spike TV to Premiere INK MASTER Season 4, 2/25

SPIKE TV's hit original, and the first tattoo reality-competition series, "Ink Master" returns for a fourth season starting Tuesday, February 25 at 10 pm ET/PT, and this time it's going to be a street fight. Tattoo artists from around the country will battle it out in permanent ink and sometimes with each other for a $100,000 grand prize, an editorial feature in Inked and, of course, the bragging rights title of 'Ink Master.'

<snip>

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Spike-TV-to-Premiere-INK-MASTER-Season-4-225-20140114

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Yup! I looked at Melissa's portfolio. I may need another one after all. :-)