TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 30, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Jon & Kate Plus 8: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 30, 2013 users admin

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I felt sorry for Kate. She is so driven and seems to be really lonely. I've seen people become super controlling, after their world has blown apart, in an attempt to put all the pieces back in place. It's not a happy place.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Puzzled ITA, but also the reason she's alone is because she was super-controlling and whazzizname got fed up.

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
Risa, that's what I said..no way that marriage will last. Hank will get tired of having 2 kids.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche.. whathisname was also a child.. Hank has two children and Kate had nine of them much of the time. Not sure he got fed up, he just started getting his picture taken drinking with fans and leaving some woman's home and then having the babysitter overnight in the apartment, so along that path I think Kate got fed up and he kept on coasting along.

I think she was always driven and organized, before kids, coming from a poor family and wanting to achieve things and Jon came from a well off family and chose Europe over finishing college. Kind of a culture clash there. She wanted what he had been given and he wanted to coast. And into that situation came all these kids.

Hank does seem like a great guy. Hope Kendra will wake up to what she has with both husband and son and maybe not "need" to drink and party quite so much.

My mom told me that after I was born, she soon learned that staying up drinking beer, smoking and playing poker, which was great fun for them, left her with some sleep deprived mornings with me needing her and she just realized that it sure wasn't this little baby's fault that she probably had a hangover, so she modified HER behavior (other than smoking of course). And I am thankful for that!

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Whatever the reason she is alone, I still feel sorry for her.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Great post Sea, thanks for clarifying and sharing your thoughts.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 03, 2013 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Mame. I'm also sure Kate wasn't fun to live with for Jon because it was on camera often and had to embarass him, but I guess not enough. They probably were mismatched from the start, yet they were attracted to each other. I'm sure something in him was seeking that organizer. Maybe if they'd had the twins and a baby boy, things would have been less complex.. well no maybe about that!

They really are pretty great kids.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, June 07, 2013 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Kate just isn't very likable in my eyes.. At least from .how she's been portrayed on tv. People can change, I've seen it happen. But in order to change you have to see the deficiencies in ones self. There is something very off putting about Kate. She really had the world in her grasp. Cute kids, a public forum...she could have been America's mom-sweetheart . But instead she became America's laughing stock of a mom and wife. Jon became America's deadbeat dad and the kids became America's public property.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Friday, June 07, 2013 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Good assessment, but what brought this on? Just curious.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, June 07, 2013 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I was just surfing the site and this thread popped out to me. Kate is my favorite reality "star" to discuss.

Sammi

03-31-2008

Friday, June 07, 2013 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
Poor Kate!!! When I saw her show up at the top all I could think of was "What did poor Kate do now??) I don't mean this to sound like I care for her cuz I don't, but haven't heard anything from that family for sometime. Hope the kiddies are all okay.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Here is a pix of her new book coming out in Sept. It's a very nice photo to see how much the kids are changing.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Wow I can't believe how the older twins are practically young ladies. :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's a nice picture!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
And look what else popped up today Jonwise:

http://www.today.com/entertainment/jon-gosselin-i-live-woods-now-6C10433570

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
He also said he'd be interested in appearing on "Dancing With the Stars," as his ex-wife Kate Gosselin famously did in 2010. She was the fourth celebrity eliminated on the show's tenth season, and partner Tony Dovolani later joked he needed "a lot of therapy" after partnering with her.

hahahaha

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Saw article on MSN that Ed Hardy says that Jon tanked his line! LOL

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The boy may have bitten off more than he can check this time:

PEOPLE MAGAZINE

Former reality TV star turned waiter Jon Gosselin reportedly pulled a gun on a photographer in Pennsylvania on Friday.

According to TMZ, the erstwhile Jon & Kate Plus 8 star got upset when a shutterbug followed him home from his new job waiting tables at the Black Dog restaurant in Beckersville, Pa.

She allegedly trailed him off the main roads and onto a dirt road as he headed to his isolated country cabin (where he has no Internet or TV), and when she whipped out her camera and started taking pics, Gosselin, 36, angrily approached her and allegedly pulled a gun out of the back of his pants.

The photographer claims the father of eight yelled at her for trespassing and then fired off a warning shot. He then followed her until she got back on the main road, she says.

Gosselin, meanwhile, acknowledges the incident but insists that he acted well within his rights

"I am licensed to carry a concealed handgun, which I withdrew and used to fire a warning shot away from the paparazza," he tells TMZ.

Gosselin, who split from wife Kate in a contentious 2009 divorce, admitted to Entertainment Tonight Wednesday that he's hit rock bottom "like 20 times" since his divorce, but doesn't regret the way his life has turned out.

"You learn from your mistakes," he said. "That's what builds you to who you are today."

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
What's really weird is why would a paparazzi be following him at this point!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Since he was "outed" waiting tables in that small restaurant he has appeared in several "tv magazine shows" (including TMZ) He said he lived in a cabin, no internet, no cable, so I imagine a pap wanted a picture to sell someone of this "cabin"...

It always makes me nervous when someone thinks "firing a warning shot" in the air is harmless... what goes up comes down!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
what goes up comes down!

And unfortunately in the case of bullets is known to kill people.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't understand the sudden publicity over his restaurant job. Jon has been working as a contract IT employee for several months now and that isn't being mentioned anywhere.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Monday, September 30, 2013 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
He is not paying chid support either.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Monday, September 30, 2013 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
child not chid

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, September 30, 2013 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Poor kate. What did she ever see in Jon?