TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 21, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Face Off on SyFy: Archive through October 21, 2013 users admin

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Roy had a GREAT idea (very out-of-the-box). Just blew the execution and I was ready for him to go just from the edit he was getting. Sooooo glad he got a second chance (I think the judges were aware of his talent compared to the newcomer). This season the newcomers are at a distinct disadvantage.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Of course most of the returnees are some of the best from their season, or people who have shown the expertise in the industry, so they should be better than the newcomers. I'm glad Roy stayed.

Did anybody else think it was funny that all three of the bottom looks were hat-wearing people?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, my dh said "I think the one with the hat will go home."

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I like the way your dh thinks...LOL!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
whew, a friend of mine said the guy in the hat was out and I thought it was Roy. I fell asleep during the bottom 3. SO who is out?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think his name was Angelo...the young guy who painted his character a very strange orange color.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Adolfo I think was his name. He had the nicest hat too.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Anyone like the Halloween episode? I did NOT like Alanna's.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Alana's devil really did look like a cute bunny rabbit.

I think it was time for the person who went to go. I predicted (and moaned) about this at the beginning, we're going to be left with pretty much all veterans, fine for the viewers, not so fair for the newbies.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think it was her time too. I didn't feel like she had the range of experience to compete with this level of expertise - kind of like Miranda her first season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have to type out my thoughts or I will forget them by morning.

Tonight I thought Laney could have just submitted a photo of herself for the pop art category....LOL
Did you notice how she often resembles her creations?

I honestly couldn't believe Alana was safe. I thought her creation looked sloppy and half finished.

I really liked Miranda's sad guitarist, but I think it's getting little old how she hates her own creations until a judge says it's good. Same thing with Alana at times.

I did think Laura deserved top look. She did a great job.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Laney's lucky there have been several pop art/anime options this season, because she does them so well.

Laura's model was fantastic!

Miranda's face was great but the dress seams were awful, she hadn't done the arms and the guitar thing was a bit rough. Alana's really did look sloppy. Both of those two have gone by on other weeks too when it's felt like if other people had those models they'd have gone home.

I quite liked the surreal volcano head guy, although I did agree the face looked more like a tree trunk than a volcano.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 4:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
First, I need to say how moved I was by all of the contestants chipping in to advance Tate's project while he was gone! I'm always impressed by the way they help each other out on this show anyway, but the generosity of spirit displayed this week moves me to tears just thinking about it. (I admit that I get really emotional whenever people do kind things.)

Laura's creation really was the standout this week. The judges got it right! It was not only visually stunning, but also very detailed. She did a lot of work.

... but I still love Roy the most!... just saying :-)

I was disappointed that Eddie didn't get more appreciation for his character. I was in awe of the sculpting work of his piece. If he had used the shades of blues & golds of the painting he was referencing I thought it could've been better,..but was his paint job really worse than Alana's entire creation?... or Miranda's incomplete, minimalist one? Well, I didn't think so, but the judges are way more knowledgeable than I am & they're seeing everything in person, so I trust their opinions...for now. :-)

I'll just say that as talented as Eddie is now, I look forward to seeing how much better he'll be in a couple of years if he gets to come back as a veteran.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I thought Alana's was a mess. It just looked like someone in a box and she threw paint on it.

Laura's was great, and very cool to look at. Just how she placed the colors was very thought out.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think the judges were harsh on Eddie's sculpture (I watched the show after I had read everybody's comments so I kind of kept an eye out) because it appeared flat from a distance - only up close could you see the detail in the sculpture, and because they were bothered by the fact that he didn't do a better job around the eyes (that scrim idea would have been really cool).

Laura's was really cool and so was Roy's.

I hope to have time and go and see if Anthony comments about the teamwork on Tate's piece. That was cool.

Yes, Miranda and Alana are annoying with their "poor pitiful me" comments.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Just in case anyone was wondering (although you probably weren't) - Anthony disagreed with Eddie's piece because he says Van Gogh was not an example of the era that Eddie picked...that Van Gogh was an example of post-Impressionism instead of whatever era Eddie was supposed to use. He did think the brushstroke effect used in the sculpture was similar to Van Gogh.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't get why the judges disliked Roy and Laura's alien so much. I thought it was at least top 2, with Miranda and Eddie.

I'm a little relieved Miranda went home. She just seemed too flustered all the time.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Alana... I think it was her time to go, she's been near the bottom a few times and got some odd good, seemingly undeserving comments too. During the show when they were focusing on Alana saying she'd go home if they were bottom looks I thought for sure it would be Laney(sp?) going instead... glad that didn't happen, although part of me thinks they wanted to get rid of Laney but couldn't because it would leave just one newbie with six veterans.

I thought the head of Roy and Laura's was particularly good (although I wasn't keen on the parasite). I think sometimes the judges have to overplay things because so many of them are good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I meant Alana. oops

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree - I think that Roy and Laura have been so consistently good (with the exception of Roy's week where his mold failed) that they nitpick them more than the others. I actually liked their alien a lot - except that I agree that the parasite looked too perfectly placed. I do think they look at things with an eye as to how they would look on screen, and perhaps the more subdued colors of Roy and Laura's alien wouldn't be as effective in a movie.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 12:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Darn-it :-( I really liked Eddie and his work, but he really did screw up this week. I have no idea what he was thinking with that green baseball player as a ghost. Bad bad decision.

I am just thrilled my two favs are still there, Laura and Roy.
I think Laney needs the boot. They should give her a personal challenge of making a character that doesn't resemble herself.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree with everything you wrote above Naja. Love Roy and Laura, thought Eddie totally messed up last night - but couldn't believe Miranda was safe! She was very lucky that Eddie and Laney's characters were worse than her's, because her's was just weird.

I was glad the judges pointed out that she makes all of her characters look like her (including having the same hairstyle last night).

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's renewed for a 6th season (yay!) and I'm not surprised.

But I wish they would give us a longer break. It's going to be back in January already.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm the opposite - I wish that it ran year-round...or if not this show then some kind of documentary or something on theatrical and movie special effects makeup. I find it fascinating.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just have too many shows in the fall and winter. It will be Wednesday before I even catch up on all my shows from last night.