TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 28, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 28, 2013 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just deleted the Josh and Anna bio. I like them but is smaller doses. I'm more interesting in the Jim-Bob and Michelle story.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Since the duggars put time and energies plotting to outlaw a woman's reproductive choices and are anti choice....well it bothers me. It's like they are trying to legislate their religious believes. That's why I have issues with them. Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone. Too many women and men have suffered in order to give women legal rights to make private life choices. They can't seem to live their own lives without trying to infringe on others.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The government constantly infringes on our lives and what they do is largely driven by the popular opinion of the majority. It is a reality. Fortunately, in America and Canada, everyone also has the right to try to convince the government when and how to infringe on our lives. It is how democracy works. I don't agree with the Duggars' position on these issues but they certainly have the right to express their beliefs.

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
I respect the Duggars. I think they are good people, extremely kind and loving. They have the right to speak however they want to promote their lifesyle and their religion. I think raising 19 children is nuts but they do seem to manage. They certainly are self supporting and don't receive any help financially from the government. One of my biggest beefs with the polygamy groups besides them marrying children, was the fact that many of them milked the government for foodstamps, wic coupons etc. They even had a term for it. They called it milking the beast.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Yeah, well the duggars need to keep their religious beliefs out of government. No one is promoting legislation barring them from following their beliefs. I'm very pro everyone living their own lives and letting others do the same without interruption.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I'll never tell the Duggars not to have so many children as long as they don't tell me that I must have children.

If they want them and can support them, it's their business. But they really mustn't tell others that they should have children. I am old enough that I remember what it was like. I lived in Connecticut where it was illegal to buy, sell or USE contraception. It was called the bedroom law and brought up images of the police using flashlights at windows to make sure no one was using. Of course it never went that far, but it was illegal to USE any form of contraception. Lucky for us, Connecticut is a small state and it wasn't a far trip to NY or Mass. to get it. Then there was a snowy night when the roads were closed and we were young. Welcome to my oldest child.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I agree with Lilfair, they need to keep their religious beliefs out of government. Plus the world is over populated!

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
It's nobody's business whether or not a person uses contraception or has an abortion. I resent politicians, and people like the Duggars, who don't get that.

Amchess

08-26-2002

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amchess a private message Print Post    
I totally agree with Puzzled!

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Well the Duggars aren't the government and they do not have the power to stop a woman from having an abortion. They do have the freedom to promote a candidate that is pro life. They supported Santorium the last election. Pardon me if I spelled that wrong. Majority does rule and he was not elected. Personally I don't think it is anybodies business what woman does with her body or the choices she makes but I realize that there are many that will scream loudly in protest.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Well I can't condone anyone's actions that comes down to denying other peoples rights due to their/the diggars own personal religious beliefs. It's wrong no matter how they spin it. On their show they haven't been too open about their hand in political actions. They've just begun to touch on it with josh moving to doc. And yet they haven't openly showed viewers what josh is doing. I think tlc is afraid to show the ugly underbelly of their beloved money making tv show family .

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
I suppose I don't see how them being prolife is denying anyone their rights. I do know there are many people and politicians that are prolife but it doesn't change the fact that people can get abortions if they choose. It has gotten harder lately in that many clinics have closed etc. That really is a shame. I was more commenting on the fact that despite the amount of children they have they seem to manage well and they are very kind and love their family. We certainly can't legislate how people feel and what and how they support their own beliefs. That would be impossible.

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Lilfair have they ever told what Josh moved to DC for? That seemed like an odd fit for his family. I have only recently started watching this show.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think this couple's carbon footprint is just way too big!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I think he's a lobbiest for some right wing religious lobby .

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
I bet you are right Lilfair. Because he was a used car salesmen lol. No offense to anyone that sells cars, new or used! Just couldn't figure it out.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Research_Council

He works for The family research counsil. I added the wiki link to that organization. They have no use for the gays of our society. It doesn't get more oppressive than this organization . The duggars are completely in lock step with this mindset....disgusting trying prevent basic human rights for a segment of American society.

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link Lilfair

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Yeah, really he doesn't seem qualified to work for them. It is non profit so his salary is from donations. Not sure what your qualifications would be to work for a group like this but I would think some experience with politics would be necessary. I don't even know if these children go to college. I think I remember that Mrs. Duggar homeschools her children.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
The only qualification needed is to ask no questions and pound the anti gay, anti contraception, anti choice, anti divorce, etc. and trust me they pay their people very well.

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Just read upthread, he does have a degree in political science. Like I said. I am kind of new to the show.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
They're never trying to FORCE their beliefs on anyone else, but they're more than willing to say what they believe in and why they believe that way, and hope to convince others to change their minds, and even votes.

I love the Duggar family but I do wish they would stay out of politics because I think that puts them in the position of indeed forcing others to follow their beliefs. I wouldn't dream of trying to enforce laws to prevent them from doing some of the things that are a part of their lifestyle but I expect them to have the same respect and recognize we are not all going to have the same beliefs and I don't want to see them support politicians that are trying to do just that. They are free to do as they please, I want them to let me be free to do as I see fit.

Connies

03-11-2010

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I must say this in defense of the Duggars, if all 19 children stay away from drugs, have no pre-marriage babies, no divorces, no alcoholics, then we must appauld them for doing something right. Most families with 2 or 3 children can't say that.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Why should they have to stay out of politics any more than anyone else? Are you also going to insist tha the pro-abortion people stay out of politics? That only atheists run for public office? I do not know (or care) what your personal beliefs are, Chieko, and I wouldn't presume to tell you how to live your life, but for the Duggars - and many other Christian conservatives - it is their right to espouse their beliefs, to run for public office, to vote however they want to - we do not live in a sterile vacumn where only one viewpoint is allowed. They just happen to have a larger platform (and are growing a huge pool of like-minded registered voters) than a lot of other people. If you don't like their viewpoint then you are free not to watch their show (I don't by the way). But it is incredibly arrogant to say that they shouldn't be able to express their views.

I would feel the same way if the show featured a Muslim family, a Buddhist famiy, a family of polygamists or an atheist family. It is their show - and their right to believe however they want. As a television watcher my only right is to turn off their show if I do not share their beliefs.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Very well said, Roxip.