TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 07, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: The Real Housewives of New Jersey: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 07, 2013 users admin

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Whoaaaaa...Just finished reading the entire indictment. They are in deep trouble!

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nj/Press/files/pdffiles/2013/Guidice,%20Giuseppe%20and%20Teresa%20Indictment.pdf

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kellsma, I was reading an article earlier today about that. There is probably some sort of gag order at Bravo TV where NO ONE talks about it. The "raw footage" (what we didn't see) of her at her lawyer's office and other things that weren't shown, will undoubtedly make itself into the courtroom.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Lexie, did Teresa and Joe file personal bankruptcy? I didn't even know these charges were coming about...haven't watched this show for a few years.

It's much different if they filed personal bankruptcy.

You are probably right that Teresa will testify.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
I am reading the indictment now (thanks Keldogg!), and it seems to me that the bankruptcy petition was for personal filings.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
Also - Cricket - the loans were construction loans (presumably Joe is a builder), so there are no appraisals per se.

And I don't know what Joe and Melissa are doing, but if they are selling their house for $500,000 and they owe $2,500,000, this transaction has to be approved by their mortgage holder (bank) and this "short sale" amount (difference between sales price and what is owed) is normally taxable to the sellers and often has to be paid back as well. Short sales are done when the market value of the house is under what it originally cost or what it was purchased for. Happens frequently when real estate markets plummet, as they did during the last eight years. However, this is a huge short sale, so I wonder if some of the numbers aren't correct.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Here's the article regarding Joe and Melissa Gorga. They originally paid $450,000 for the house. I think it's their summer house?

http://www.allabouttrh.com/the-gorgas-owe-2-25m-in-mortgage-on-their-500k-home/

1jetsfan

07-21-2010

Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 1jetsfan a private message Print Post    
I have not read that Joe and Melissa are selling their home for $500,000. That's a bargain, and I may drive over to look at it! LOL!

Actually, I could not afford the taxes. The property taxes here in Jersey are outrageous. We pay what most others spend on their mortgages each month. Most likely, they pay at least $5,000 a month on that house in Morris County.

I'm going to have to spend some time to investigate this! LOL!

Enjoy the "show"!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It said Ocean County in that article, so I'm guessing that is the summer house.

I don't understand how these banks give $2.5 million in second mortgages/loans on a $500,000 house.

1jetsfan

07-21-2010

Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 1jetsfan a private message Print Post    
Lexie, it depends when they bought the shore house. Many people have built huge additions on those small "bungalows" from the 50's and 60's, which brings the value up substantially. Not sure how or if it is assessed now at $2.5Million, but who knows?

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
As far as Bravo being quiet and no comment I would say they will be called as witnesses as they are employers and gudices are fudging salary.

I was thinking Juicy was sounding and looking less bloated this year that maybe he toned down some drinking. last season I couldn't understand him was like he was mumbling and slurring his words.
He just seemed to be more involved and engaged.

I hope they all did make up and that the little girls will have support from the families and Caroline. I know she is not related, but she is such a strong person , she could be a good influence in their lives and getting thru this.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I bet Juicy Joe's cumare took off.

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
Checked my Comcast schedule and every time slot for RHWNJ now shows "To Be Announced". Anxious to see what BRAVO shows in it's place. Also Caroline Manzo is scheduled to appear on WWHL tonight. I'm wondering if BRAVO will still have her appear or have a replacement.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Direct TV is showing RHWNJ in all of their time slots.

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
Well they're back. False alarm. I've noticed they do work on the system overnight sometimes. This must be what happened. Sorry.

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
Time Warner is also showing everything in their correct time slot. I did DVR last night WWHL (should have DVR'd the show and Princesses because I fell asleep). Will be interesting to see Caroline on there. I doubt they will be talking about the court case though.

Lorib

05-18-2011

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorib a private message Print Post    
After watching for a few weeks, I'm probably alone in this, BUT I'd love to see Theresa, Joe, Melissa and Joey and their kids with their OWN show... In my opinion, Jacqueline brings a lot if drama, and as a mother, I think she needs to focus on her kids, all of them. Caroline, is 200% better this season,opposed to last. Kathy even seems better. Long story short, I'd like a Guidice/Gorga spinoff,,, I enjoyed the family dinner IMMENSELY last night....

Audie

05-08-2011

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Audie a private message Print Post    
I hope Teresa and Joe go to jail. I can't stand either of them. This way the children have a chance of being raised by someone else......with some morals and intelligence.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
You can't lie on financial documents and you can't claim "I didn't realize...". The odds are they will both do some time probably 1-3 years.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I don't have a problem with him going to jail, but I feel for those kids minus both parents . I cannot imagine that Joe and Melissa would not take the kids in so they would be cared for well.

Lorib

05-18-2011

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorib a private message Print Post    
I don't think Theresa will do time. Maybe house arrest and probation. Joe will most likely serve time. And that was the premise of the spinoff, her at home, and the roles Joey and Melissa play as a family...

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
i think its hilarious that the court document keeps talking about "fabulicious". I cannot believe they got away with all that for this number of years!

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Personally I feel bad for them, even if they were in the wrong, this will be so hard on the kids and I don't wish that on any of them.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Well, of course, I feel sorry for the family, too. But Teresa really did act as though she was better than others (you don't bring sprinkle cookies!) and is quite a liar. I'm sorry so much of her self worth was wrapped up in her identity of being richer than others and having a bigger house than others.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't watch this show but I did see a couple of the ones in the beginning and I commented then that it was really stupid to show a huge wad of cash in your pocket to pay for things.

I immediately figured the money was not "legal" because normal people don't pay for things with that much cash. At least normal people I know.

Lorib

05-18-2011

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorib a private message Print Post    
Well.......my daddy doesn't have a checking account, however; if he wishes to make a big purchase, say over a couple grand, he does get mama to write a check, she does have a checking account. ( daddy is old school, got burned by customers with bad checks back in the day, and soured on them since)
But, even if its over a few hundred, he has to go to the bank to get said cash out... He DOES keep savings,IRAs, CDs,etc..just not checking or debit,,,