TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 10, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of OC: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 10, 2013 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Roblover, you are the only one getting that impression of Briana. She's getting brutalized on other websites.

While I agree that Brooks is a d-bag, I certainly do not approve of Briana and Ryan setting Brooks up by taking him drinking and secretly recording the conversations.

Azriel

08-01-2000

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Azriel a private message Print Post    
I haven't been a fan of Lydia's mother. She seemed to me to be totally self-absorbed and spacey. I think if I asked a woman to get her feet off my mothers couch and she told me she was going to sprinkle me with fairy dust, I would be more than a little ticked off.

I think most of us,whether we thought we had done something rude or not, would have taken our feet off the couch and apologized. Ryan's reaction might have been a little over the top, but I think Lydia's mother was no poor mistreated little old lady in this situation.

Just my opinion :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I will admit the whole fairy dust thing Freaks. Me. Out.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
I think Briana is an entitled child who can manipulate her mother into doing what she wants, but I also believed Briana last night when she was putting the dirt out there on Brooks. Brooks is indeed a creep. I can see now that Vicky's past relationships have been dysfunctional because she has so little self esteem and she can't be alone. She is desperate for companionship, and when you are desperate, you are in trouble.
Regarding Ryan, ugh. He is entitled as Briana is. Who the hell is he to tell Vicky's guest anything at all??????????

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I have watched this show from the first year and IMO if anyone is manipulated it is Briana by her mother, Vicki. Vicki used to follow her on dates! And have we forgotten Brianna's trip to the hospital for surgery when Vicki was making it all about herself? I have not read other websites, Lexie, but I find it a shame that Brianna is being criticized. To me she and her brother have been more honest than others on this show.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lydia, the anorexic-looking woman who dresses like a ten year old while calling Heather "Princess" once again referred to her stoner mother as "elderly". Seriously?

I like Brianna and am willing to give Ryan the benefit of the doubt because of it. I still say there is a lot we didn't see.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
ITA Roblover and Kappy.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kappy and Tishala. I was feeling a bit lonely with my opinion.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Roblover, Kappy, Tishala- I agree 100%!! Vickie's son will not give his mother his address. That speaks volumes! I have also watched it from the beginning- Vickie is a controlling, manipulative woman. Look at how she has lost control since she has been with Brooks. She SCREAMS at people. Brianna has always been one of my favorites, because she seemed more mature then the other women.

Zippy

07-03-2011

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
Roblover, Kappy, Tishala and Rubyroo I agree with all of you.

I don't know why Ryan acted the way he did, or what Lydia's mom really did, but Brianna was there. One incident, which we didn't see entirely doesn't make me believe Ryan is an abuser of women or that Brianna is being controlled.

Ryan acted in a boorish manner, no doubt about it, but is he an awful guy? Not sure about that.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
but is he an awful guy
I really didn't like the way he spoke to Vicki, "Don't hug her!" and there were other incidents where he was quite forceful about how things were going to be in "his house"

Sueby

11-18-2004

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sueby a private message Print Post    
While watching Ryan's behaviour that night I was reminded of a news program I watched last year. It was about why so many men who have been in the military have problems in society. The show explained that these men didn't have problems from being in the military as a lot of people close to them claim. Some type of men are drawn to the military because they are free to be controlling, forceful and just love the idea of being able to use weapons. Of course not the majority of men but it is very easy to hide a very controlling, dominating, forceful personality in the military.

The way Ryan was swearing at Lydia's mother is what shocked me the most. I think it is just natural to respect a person older than yourself and especially a guest of a family member.

I too have watched this show since the very beginning and have always loved Breanna. She always seemed to be more wise than Vicky regarding well everything. She had the same boyfriend for years and years it seemed. Then all of a sudden she had the cancer scare then was married to Ryan. I am worried about her!

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
The way Ryan was swearing at Lydia's mother is what shocked me the most

Yes, that too, and then lied about it not knowing he was recorded.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
I just think that Vicki is incredibly co-dependent and that is why she is so desperate to please Briana, even at the expense of her own happiness, and why she keeps being attracted to men whose behavior is so inappropriate. That codependency ends up with her having many resentments that make her explode in such weird ways when she is challenged.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Since Vicki's son won't let her know where he lives, Vicki is probably desperate to keep the hold on the one person she now can still control. I feel badly for Briana, not because of Ryan, but because she is buying into having to save Vicki. I thought it was very mature of Briana to say that she has done what she can and all she can do now is watch. And that gave me some hope for her.

Perhaps Ryan had too much to drink the night of the party. He should not have sworn at that woman but I still can't get over that she would put her shoes on a white couch. If she were that tired she needed to go home. Also Ryan is young and probably has not learned that it is better not to display anger when dealing with silly people. Did we hear the first part when he asked her to take her feet off the couch? Perhaps she was giving him her ridiculous fairy dust talk and then he became angry.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, August 30, 2013 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I didn't think Brianna was out of line and I bet that Brooks slinks his way back in to Vicki's life. I hope Brianna and her little family have a good future and that we're wrong about Ryan.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Friday, August 30, 2013 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Ironic that Ryan taped Brooks and Bravo taped Ryan.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, August 31, 2013 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Also Ryan is young and probably has not learned that it is better not to display anger when dealing with silly people.

But surely he's heard that it is better not to display anger when dealing with your mother-in-laws guests at a party in your mother-in-laws house.

How do we know the sofa was white and that she had her shoes on it. I heard feet.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Saturday, August 31, 2013 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Chieko, you are right, he should have not dealt with the situation himself. He should have just told Vicki. Then the woman could have sprinkled fairy dust on Vicki and Vicki could have screamed at her.

All in all this whole incident is being blown out of proportion but that is what the HWs shows do. What I do not think is funny is Vicki's manipulating ways. Did I hear Briana say she has already moved out of Vicki's house?

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
I thought it spoke volumes when Vicki did not defend Lydia's Mother, but nodding in agreement to everything Brianna said.

Susieqok

07-20-2010

Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Susieqok a private message Print Post    
Just wondering if anyone has watched the never seen footage show. Thought it was telling when Mike came over to visit Briana at Vickie's house that they ate food on the couch.

I know it wasn't the white couch that Lydia's mom was on, but wasn't the story that Vickie was crazy strict about her furniture and Ryan was just enforcing Vickie's policies on couch patrol that evening.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
I really don't understand the Briana bashing. She seemed to have the most sense out of all the women in the room. She defended her husband, which most spouses instinctively do, yet tried to be supportive of her mom.

One thing that sticks out for me...how many times have you lost your cool over something completely trivial and what you lost your cool over had nothing to do with what was really going on? Ryan was being deployed, leaving for training soon, was going to be away from his wife and newborn son, and could possibly be killed or maimed while deployed. Seems stress like that might make anyone slightly high strung and ready to vent.

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Friday, September 06, 2013 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
I found the unseen footage episode quite interesting. Vicki was up to her usual tricks. While Laurie is not one of my favorites, she was "spot on" about Vicki's dating life. On the reunion show Vicki called Laurie a liar when she said something about Vicki's greek god. Laurie said we talked about it on the bus to Whistler. Vicki said she was making it up. The unseen footage did in fact show Laurie and Vicki on the bus talking about Vicki's greek god. Vicki said he's still around and wants and i-Phone. Laurie asked if Vicki fixed his teeth and she said no. Then Vicki realized the cameras were on and said she couldn't talk anymore.

Susieqok

07-20-2010

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Susieqok a private message Print Post    
Bombaycat, it did make out Vicki to be a liar didn't it. Wonder how Vicki will spin that after she watches it.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Vicki has always been good at controling herself when cameras are around, and I think she has been good at controlling the HW, not Gretchen, hence, the "drama"

I am so hoping that Tamra's wedding gets lowest ratings ever, as with Nene, I'm just not a fan of these spin-offs, its like rewarding bad behavior - the bad behavior is "drama" and "drama" = ratings.... that circle...