TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 27, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of OC: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 27, 2013 users admin

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I watched part 2 of the reunion last night and although I was never a big fan of Gretchen's, I feel like she came out smelling like a rose last night. They all tried so hard to make her look bad and they couldn't get it done. She had the texts and recordings to prove them wrong, she admitted to the things she had said about Alexis and everyone else. I didn't see that she lied about anything and if she likes the ring that Jeff gave her and wants to wear it, that should be her choice. I thought they all looked like fools trying to bring her down. She seems very emotionally stable and self secure to me. She said she feels like she was friends with Heather and Lydia even though they were both treating her poorly and she let Tamara prove herself to be a liar. Tamara is a real snake. I hope Gretchen never gets fooled by her again.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Brianna is going to need her Mom now that she has a baby. Vicki is if nothing else ,a good Mom and loves her grandchild. It is indeed a good thing that Brianna has a career, she has not made a good choice in her hubby.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I also watched Part 2 of the reunion last night.

I have never really been a big Gretchen fan, but I did feel sorry for her - they really piled on her didn't they?

She seemed to have all the emails and texts to support her position on things. It really seemed to bother her that all the "girls" thought her engagement was for TV only. It was an over-the-top engagement and I could see what they were saying.

All the Malibu Country TV show talk just gives me a headache, so I don't think too much about it.

I know that Gretchen did do a lot for Tamara's bachelorette party and was treated like crap by Tamara.

I thought they all looked nice, but I thought Gretchen's dress, hair and makeup were all just TOOOO MUCH!!

Bring on Part 3!!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Gretchen is so very pretty, but the dress/hair kinda made her look either older or a bit outdated.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Brooks seems like Prince Charming compared to Ryan and that says a lot.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I guess it is all perception. I didn't mind her the first few seasons, but now I absolutely can't stand Gretchen and don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Gretchen is so very pretty, but the dress/hair kinda made her look either older or a bit outdated.

Perfect description...older and outdated for sure.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Co-signing older and outdated with the emphasis on outdated.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
LOL Lilfair! but I agree.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
It was an over-the-top engagement and I could see what they were saying.

Over the top for sure, but I thought they all seemed upset the most about not being invited.
Gretchen thought it odd that Tamara would invite Alexis wedding gown shopping when she talked so poorly of Alexis, so it stood to reason that Gretchen would not want anyone who had demeaned Slade or their relationship at her engagement party. It seemed to me she was being true to form, and they were all upset they didn't get more air time along with her.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
It seemed to me she was being true to form, and they were all upset they didn't get more air time along with her....

Ahhhh more air time. Of course! Good point.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Over the top...like Tamra's trip to Fiji and the diamond in the oyster (if memory serves correctly)? I mean, what in my his cavalcade of crazy isn't over the top? Lets go to Mexico for the bachelorette party! Lets go to Whistler just because! And her father, why don't you fly up for only 6 hours, so you spend more time in the plane than you do in Canada? Lets take a helicopter from OC to LA to go shopping!

how Gretchen's excesses are somehow he coup de grace to their conspicuous consumption is just weird to me.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
BTW Gretchen's hair and makeup were hideous. Her face looked waxen. And her dress looked like something one of the Lennon sisters would have worn on Lawrence Welk.

. Heather's eye makeup was also abominable, so maybe we have the Bravo makeup artists to blame. OTOH Alexis looked quite lovely.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Well, then there's all that over the top stuff...LOL

Thanks for the reminder Tishala!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Sort about all the errors. I'm on my phone and oy it did a number. Parts of what I typed are incomprehensible. Her father=Heather, for example.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Gretchen's hair, makeup and dress were atrocious. The Bravo stylist must really hate her. Of course, Gretchen uses more Botox than anyone else in the cast. It is amazing to see the difference in her face from her first season to this season.

There is also a little more to Gretchen's engagement story. Gretchen got engaged in April 2013 "after" filming had ended and her filmed proposal and engagement party were spliced into the show. That is why none of the girls were invited to party - because Gretchen didn't have to invite them. It wasn't a required Bravo function.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOL Tish - I had to turn off "auto correct" on my phone. Makes life a lot easier.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I don't know if this was talked about.. Gretchen, I thought was very rude to Slade's brother....saying things like who would belive these two were brothers and other like comments- very niiiice, Gretchen.....nice way to ingratiate yourself into the family.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
To be honest, I thought the engagement was a bit boring so I fast forwarded though it and I guess I missed the part where she was rude to the brother.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Briana must be very lonely at the top, what with her being so perfect and all with a perfect husband. Wow! She came across as a royal witch tonight and I do believe she lied about some of the things she accused Brooks of.

She meets a guy online who has been involved in domestic abuse and marries him but she's oh so worried about her Mom? She is much too involved in her Mother's life and needs to get friends her own age.

I just about died when she said the situation with Brooks was the only problem in her life. Really....was she not at Vicki's Winter Party?

I hope Ryan gets transferred to a base further away from Vicki so Briana can grow up and stop blaming Vicki for everything. I noticed she flaps her hands in front of her just like Vicki, lol.

Emibub

05-08-2011

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Emibub a private message Print Post    
Briana did not come off well tonight. She was throwing out a lot of innuendo. Like suggesting there was physical abuse with Brooks and Vicki. Saying she was scrubbing wine and mud off her mothers sofa. She literally shut Lydia down when she tried to defend her mother. She may need some anger management. Maybe they can get family group rates.....

Susieqok

07-20-2010

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Susieqok a private message Print Post    
I do agree briana part was hard to watch, I feel the part of Lydia's mom ryan issues, briana's statements are being controlled by Ryan even if he isn't in the country, I would like to know what he was drinking that evening. maybe red wine with muddy shoes? as bad as he acted I truly feel he would set up the couch to make the elderly lady look bad.
But the statements about Brooks I believe are true, he even admitted some of them and the ones he admitted to are beyond what I feel any normal in love with someone mother would say about her daughter, so I tend to believe the other stuff briana said brooks said.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Brianna certainly looks like she's controlled by Ryan and fearful. She or anyone with a rational mind would not defend ryan against what he said and how he acted towards Lydia's mother. Most wives would have said- yup my husband overreacted and was completely wrong in the way he talked to Lydia's mom. But most wives aren't afraid of their husbands. The whole notion that he's in Afghanistan (or was on his way there) is besides the point. I know many service people who have done many tours and they do not talk and act the way Ryan did.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brianna is the one being abused (verbally or physically) by her husband and she's putting it onto her mother...blaming her marital situation on Brooks.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
It seems I came away with a totally different impression of Brianna last night. I thought she came off as sensible in a room full of silly woman. She did apologize to Lydia for Ryan/Lydia's mother's behavior on the show. Party or no party, why would a grown woman put her feet on a white sofa?

Am I the only one that thought Lydia looked weird with her overly tanned body last night?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Rob to me Lydia has such big eyes and has a perpetual look of surprise. I think of her as being 10 to 15 years younger than say Vicki.
I am surprised that Brianna would marry someone like Ryan,she could have done so much better.
I don't get her or her mom putting up with that crap, life is too short.