TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 01, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Face Off on SyFy: Archive through May 01, 2013 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was annoyed at the Hedrick judge guy for making such a big deal about the size of Anthony's Anubis head. Once the mask is made they simply don't have time to go back and remould if it looks too small. Ok he maybe should have known first of all, but it's not like they aren't working every second of the time they have. I also didn't understand what was so horrific about his paint job, it looked really good on camera.

The minute he's off the show, someone's going to employ that guy whose sculpt is so good!

Yeah, I agree it was House's time to go, but the next vote will be very tight unless someone messes up. They have all had bad ones and good ones but the ones left are all extremely talented.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
House could have neat ideas & designs but his work (at least what I've seen of it) seemed so messy.

I wonder if any of these artists ever get nightmares from their work?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think Anthony's work has been more consistent than Eric's, but Anthony seems to get held to a higher standard. I think Eric's work at times has seemed horribly sloppy, and that face he did this week was almost a copy of what I remember some of the original artwork for that movie. Just my opinion. I like Eric, but I think Anthony is a better artist (but he's looking really stressed and tired lately).

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I was hoping Bruce Campbell would be a guest judge. "Shop smart shop S-mart!"

Agreed on the judging this week and was happy Chris won. It really looked good. I expect Erc will go next week unless one of the other three sends someone out naked.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I feel the top 4 are superior to last seasons top 4. Any of these guys can win it.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I feel the exact opposite.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This has been renewed - they start filming in April for a "summer" season. I think they need to stick to two a year, we're not going to appreciate them with so many. Plus the tasks get repetitive.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Still, all in all I love thie show. These people are truly creative.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
So Eric couldn't go to Canada for "family" reasons... wonder if he just didn't have a passport or has been on probation for something that makes him ineligible to leave the US..

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL...I had the same thought. If there was a "family reason" they probably would have shown what it is. I figure some kind of conviction that didn't allow him to cross borders. Or maybe he just didn't have a passport?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
My hubby said that too! You suspicious lot! ;) It might have been something to do with his kids though, and they just decided to let him use the few days' break it must have required to go home and see them.

I was sad to see him go, I really wanted them to put all four through. He was probably the worst over the whole season, but he certainly was talented. I kind of thought the judging was a bit suspect - Glen said the hole in the back of Chris' backpiece was "inexcusable" or something like that when they first looked, then later they didn't even mention it, and one of them said something about the green eyes and teeth (what was that?!) being so distracting they couldn't see anything else. I think they decided who they wanted to go and then phrased their final comments to fit that.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 5:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I didn't figure they would get rid of Chris -- he had been too successful over the entire season. I figured it was going to be between Wayne and Eric since they were so pleased with Anthony's this week (although I personally hated the color but since I didn't pay that much attention to the character I guess it was appropriate). Wayne just has such horrible time management that I'm a bit surprised, but his work has been crisper than Fox's throughout the season.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I'm glad I wasn't a judge again this week, because it would've made me feel awful to send any of these last 4 guys home. Not only did I think they were all incredibly talented, but they all 4 also seem so incredibly nice!

I was trying to will the judges to let them all go to the finale... but it didn't work. :-(

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
When Wayne's creature was first being shown at judging, they did a semi-profile close up of the face and its very stern, scowly expression. The very next shot was of the judge, Glenn. I swear the 2 could be related.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL!

Calamity

10-18-2001

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Not only did I think they were all incredibly talented, but they all 4 also seem so incredibly nice!

Yeah, you want to root for them all since every one of them is talented and comes across as a pretty nice guy. It's so refreshing how they help each other and seem honestly sincere in both their praise and concern for the other competitors. Unlike the all-too-common cattiness on Project Runway. I watched the 11 o'clock rerun because Pushing Daisies was on at the same time. Some of the effects on that show remind me of Face/Off.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Finale tonight!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I cannot believe make up can holdup to that sort of water treatment! It's not like they just get in the water and out again! I thought five of the six make ups were excellent (didn't like the orange girl) and any one of those five was worthy of the win. I'm glad they chose Anthony, but I bet the third guy (name escapes me - the one who isn't Chris but is particularly good at sculpture) is going to be employed very soon if he isn't already.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 3:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
That would be Wayne and he still didn't get to paint all he wanted to, but it did look good. I didn't like the orange girl, either, it reminded me of the color or cheese doodles. I knew Anthony would win and well deserved!!

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 4:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Someone on another board said that if Chris had made "orange girl" Gold that he might have edged out Anthony... I tend to agree.. although I think Anthony overall throughout the competition (and taking in all of the judges recommendations and criticisms) deserved the win.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've been an Anthony fan since the beginning so of course I'm thrilled he won, but I thought Chris's silver guy was really cool (and his orange girl was horrible). Anthony seemed to be truly happy for the experience and the win and it was well deserved.

That makeup and the prosthetics holding up in the pounding that it was given in the water - truly amazing!

I would have been very disappointed if Wayne had won. His sculpts might be really good but his time management has failed him more times than not. I was unimpressed with his wings - I thought they would be a little better developed than they were.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I swear I was thinking the same thing as the person on the other board. The silver guy looked good and a gold counterpart would have been cool!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That would have really been cool. What Chris did wasn't attractive at all - it wasn't flattering to the person wearing it and it looked rather rough. The colors though - they were truly not ethereal. I didn't get his choice there at all. I think he fell so much in love with his silver character that he only thought of ways to play against it.

Marej

09-19-2002

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
New season starts August 27th.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yeah!