TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 31, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of OC: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 31, 2013 users admin

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 4:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
Lexie_girl, I don't believe she said that...if the sources are attacking her then why would you believe anything they say?

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 4:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
Now that her and Vicki are together again, Tamara wants to end her relationship with Gretchen, but she wants to look like the one done wrong. She used Gretchen to get at Vicki .

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Bbwatcher, I'm not quite following what you are asking. The way I understood what happened, what Heather said that Gretchen lied when she said she offered a role and would be "filming" Malibu Country the same day as the wedding dress party because Malibu Country did not film on Friday. Heather came back in her blog and said she was mistaken, that Gretchen was offered a walk-on role. But they still didn't "film" the day that Gretchen said they were. From Heather's blog:

"I only asked the casting director about Gretchen because I was excited for her. She wanted to get into this business and I thought maybe we would be working together. Let this be said. I am not a competitive person -- I truly believe there is room for everyone. I don't however condone using getting "offered a role" as a way of having Tamra disinvite Alexis to dress shopping. Calling to check one's availability for a few lines on sitcom and being offered a guest starring role are two different things. Also, if there was a tangible opportunity for Gretchen to do a network sitcom, which I don't believe she has done before, she wouldn't turn it down. Nor would Tamra want her to. She wasn't offered a role. Period."

5, Heather's blog

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
I don't believe Gretchen said they were filming that day. Heather did exactly what she accused Lourie of doing. Gossiping! I believe Tamara lied...she wants to end their friendship now that she is back with Vicki. If she dropped Gretchen for Vicki she would look bad for her...so she seized upon what Heather said and added to it. Making Gretchen look like she lied to Tamara...and hurt their friendship.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
Heather still is assuming that is what Gretchen said to Tamara (Tamara said Gretchen said it...doesn't make it true). Then Heather tries to minimize the acting job offered Gretchen and unless she was present when Gretchen was offered the job, she really doesn't know. Again Heather is gossiping in her blog! They all gossip, but I bring this up because Heather says she doesn't gossip.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, July 05, 2013 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Tamara is right back where Vicki wants her.

Vicky may not be why the show was begun in the first place but she can definitely take credit for making it the TOXIC series that it is today.

Something tells me that Gretchen realizes that the toxic fights aren't worth it. Hopefully her business succeeds to where she doesn't have to come back to this group.

Emibub

05-08-2011

Friday, July 05, 2013 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Emibub a private message Print Post    
I think they get addicted to being on TV even if it means a toxic environment. Look at Alexis, they ate her alive and she came back for more. Gretchen needs the housewives to keep pimping her products. She appears to have pageant queen level "talent" so the housewives are her vehicle to "stardom".

Very few housewives have chosen to walk away to maybe protect their families etc. Tammy comes to mind, she saw her daughters struggling and she bowed out. Maybe others, but not many. They really think they are stars......

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, July 06, 2013 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Very true, Emibub.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Saturday, July 06, 2013 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
They really think they are stars

Well, sadly, they kinda are!

Emibub

05-08-2011

Sunday, July 07, 2013 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Emibub a private message Print Post    
Yeah funny enough they do have high recognition value. I know Teresa is pretty high up there. Nene seems to have parlayed her time as a housewife into real stardom. Bethany worked it very well too. But, the bulk of them really need the housewives to keep themselves "relevant". I don't think Gretchen or Tamra have any future in the public eye except possibly to drift off to another reality show. I think their opinions of how successful they are is probably pretty overblown and they should enjoy it while they can.

But, I love watching every minute of it so clearly there is some sort of appeal there.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
These ladies are all so loud!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I just watched the 100th episode show . I find Vicki pretty delusional in what she says she is like and how she acts. She's all butterflies and birds and hates to fight? Lol and the next scene she is screaming like an idiot at Tamara. And the things she is saying are so ridiculous. Ad to take credit for the whole franchise, ha. I liked hearing the kids perspectives the most.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
So, who has Slade made fun of besides Vicki and saying Lydia could use a cheeseburger?

Who do you suppose Ryan is looking to kick out next week?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
How the heck Gretchen stand Slade ? Please explain this to me as I just don 't "get it ".

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Years ago I was a big fan of Gretchen and felt the girls were so mean to her. Seeing as she knows how that feels, I find it strange that now she is the mean girl. As far as her getting engaged to Slade last night, I feel that she wasn't happy that Tamara was getting so much attention with her wedding and this was her way of bringing herself front and center. I just can't stand her anymore. She is just not a nice person.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
I think Vicki is such a seethingly jealous person..and she whispered in Tamara's ear again to gain control, because Tamara is easily controlled by Vicki.
These women are ALL mean girls. They certainly don't act their age.

I don't get the Slade hate- Vicki has been so mean to Gretchen (and Slade) from the very beginning.
Vicki is off the deep-end with her screaming and abusive speech- perhaps she should seek help. Look at how nuts she is with Brooks (can't stand his personality) This is from the Bravo site-

http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/the-dish/vicki-and-brooks-fight-overketchup

When Tamara had her dress search day with the girls- Eddie had not even discussed a wedding date with Tamara yet.

I think Gretchen is a nice person. Slade got a job...took care of his financial affairs and she felt she could marry him. She should do what she wants when she is ready. Tamara isn't a good friend anyway. With friends like her who needs enemies! I think Bravo decided it would be pick on Gretchen this season.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Chieko- Here is the answer to your question. I can't believe what I just watched. But from what Ryan said Lydia's mom was not nice to him when he asked her to remove her feet from Vicki's brand-new couch.
From Bravo site-

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-8/videos/fairy-dusting-the-wrong-person

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I felt Gretchen was genuinely happy for Tamara on her engagement. I also felt she tried to help Tamara and Vicki to make up and what did she get for it? A slap in the face.

Why couldn't Vicki handle Tamara being friends with both her and Gretchen? That's the real question. Vicki has had issues since season one and they just get uglier and uglier and they're not the kind that can be fixed with plastic surgery.

Jeanna is so much happier being off this show. I hope Gretchen can follow suit. The rest deserve the karma of being friends with Vicki.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Rubyroo. Wow, that was an outrageous display by Ryan. He is way out of line! I'm really surprised at his behavior.

I agree that Gretchen really hasn't done much wrong. She has been treated very poorly by Vicki and Tamara, et al. I don't believe she lied about anything, and I think she was a good friend to Tamara.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Not so much Chieko. In true Gretchen form, when Tamra announced her trip and engagement on Twitter, Gretchen responded that "Bravo asked her first" but her and Slade weren't ready to get married. (Just like she was asked before Alexis for the Fox 5 job, which turned out not to be true; and then there was the whole Malibu Country debacle).

And as far as fancy editing goes, this season was filmed last year. Gretchen did not get engaged until April of this year, which is why no one from the show was at the party she threw when she asked Slade to marry her. So when she was on her way to Vicki's party and made the comment that she wasn't going to bring up her engagement, that was filmed long after filming ended and Bravo spliced that part in.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Well gosh then. Gretchen is just HORRID and Vicki and Tamara are just sweet honest angels who have never lied or tried to destroy anyone EVER.

Lexie - My comment is not aimed at you but rather at the farce that Tamara and Vicki both insist on perpetuating about themselves. I truly find the two truly repulsive.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Seems to me the son on law was a tad out of line......

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Who was the son-in-law talking to at the end of the show?

He is NOT the man of the house. He is Vicki's son-in-law, not her husband. I'm not liking his attitude and maybe Vicki should tell them to go find their own home so she can date whom she wants and have friends over without big boy telling them to leave. He sounds kind of bossy; wonder when Brianna will have enough of that.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
No problem with what Ryan may have done initially but I do agree, at some point in that exchange afterwards - if editing isn't totally screwed up - Ryan crossed the line when he continued to raise his voice and prolong the argument...

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Ryan told Lydia's mother to get her feet off of Vicki's new sofa. Personally, I don't think you ever talk to a guest in that manner, you just bear it and smooth over any smudges later or explain very diplomatically why Vicki would just have a heart attack if she saw someone's shoes on her new furniture. It isn't his house and it isn't his furniture and he has no right to tell Vicki she can't go against him. It was her house, her furniture, her party and her guests. He looks to be a real problem. I agree with Cricket.