TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 22, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 22, 2013 users admin

Seabreeze

09-05-2004

Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seabreeze a private message Print Post    
And Jimmer, that is my point. You might not agree with them or another's belief, but they have that right to hold that belief and should not be faulted if their belief is different . Everyone is entitled to hold beliefs and express them. We don't have to agree.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Just to be clear, while I think they should have the right to express their beliefs, I also feel that I have the right to disagree with them and believe that they shouldn't be able to force those moral beliefs on others. There is a difference between expressing your belief and forcing other people to live based on that belief.

Seabreeze

09-05-2004

Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seabreeze a private message Print Post    
Have you seen evidence of them forcing others to their beliefs? I haven't. Of course, in a perfect world I'm sure that they would want everyone to be saved etc...but they are not forcing people to be like them. They would want others not to drink but they are not making others to abstain. They do seek to influence and that is no different from others who do not share beliefs with them.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
but they are not forcing people to be like them.

No they are not, how could they? That is the question. If they had the power to force others to behave in the manner they find to be correct, would they? They say they don't judge anyone but if given the opportunity would they try to imposed laws on the rest of us to abide by their beliefs.

06-29-2002

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Some posts have been removed. Please stop telling people where and what to post. It is against the rules. It is a discussion board and Posters are allowed to make positive or negative comments about the Duggars with respect to their actions. Thank you.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Darn, Mod, all this controversy is taking the fun out of this thread for me. However, I get what you are saying.

Seabreeze

09-05-2004

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seabreeze a private message Print Post    
We live in a very liberal society. There are things all around me happening which the Duggars do not agree with. Conservatives like the Duggars and myself are living under laws we don't agree with, too. This is my point. I see more and more that others are pushing their liberal beliefs on us.

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Monday, April 15, 2013 - 5:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
Whoever posted the link to the Bates girl with the Paine boy, are the Paine's the family once featured on the show with the really good looking guys?

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, April 15, 2013 - 6:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
What I don't understand is why the duggers and others want to infringe their religious beliefs onto the entire society? Not everyone will agree with all. The duggers never need to have an abortion, drink booze, or wear mini skirts no one will force that upon them....but somehow they think they have the right to force their beliefs onto others through attempted legislation. Can't they just live their lives as they see fit and let others do the same.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, April 15, 2013 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Angel, I seem to remember some very good looking lads somewhere along the way...and it could be the Paines.

The show hasn't featured the Bates in quite awhile. I hope we get to see them again sometime in the future. Mrs. Bates is just the sweetest mother ever.

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
I am surprised that Josh & Anna are moving away.

Do Michelle & Jim Bob sleep in the same bed? It didn't look like it (That bed was SMALL) ha

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, June 07, 2013 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Good news from NBC online:
http://www.today.com/moms/hes-here-duggars-introduce-third-grandchild-6C10233474

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 5:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I watched the show last night.

She barely got to the midwife.

I cannot understand wanting to have so many children.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I thought the whole idea of a midwife was to have someone come to you instead of a mad ride to a hospital/birthing center. Also, is it really wise to have a brand new baby exposed to 25 germy people mere hours after birth? I just do not "get" this family.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I am surprised that Josh & Anna are moving away.

Hi Angelic! Where are Josh & Anna moving? What does Josh do for a living?

I don't see them forcing their beliefs either. I don't watch that much but saw most of the episode when they went to Scotland and they tried to do everything the Scots showed them. They didn't balk at anything.

Mama, in "One Born Every Minute" an English TV show, midwives deliver most of the babies at the hospital...only calling a doctor (consultant) in if there is a problem. I, too, thought midwives went to the Moms for home deliveries.

Maybe it's changed in the U.S. because of possible lawsuits or something?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
My understanding of why some want a midwife (and keep in mind my daughter is now 11, so my info is a decade old)... the midwife is very focused on you, there by your side coaching you, doing things the way you want (ie, no meds or whatever), etc. There for the duration and the delivery.

Whereas, if you just go with your doctor, the L&D nurses are the ones coaching you, taking care of you, and the doctor only comes in during those last moments of pushing and delivery.

(Personally I opted for a really good epidural and then hours of TV before that last 45 minutes of pushing -- no midwife needed! LOL!)

Granjan

05-10-2011

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Did you notice that Michelle had an updated hairdo? That was toward the last of the episode when the baby was born. She looked so pretty.

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
I was just coming here to ask if that was in the front seat while Anna was getting ready for labor. She looked GREAT & she lost some weight huh?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I too noticed that Michelle has trimmed down and looking great.

Oxies_luv

05-13-2005

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oxies_luv a private message Print Post    
Anna said that she decided go to her midwife's birthing center instead of delivering at home, because she didn't want to have to prepare everything for the birth.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Number 3 at the birthing center, next year number 4 at the hospital.

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
Cricket, They are moving to DC Josh got a job there.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm wondering about his used car business. I thought that was going well. Did he just walk away from it, sell it, or maybe one of his brothers is going to take over. Probably not one of the girls.

Alwayzmovin

11-06-2003

Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alwayzmovin a private message Print Post    
Joshie will be the Family Research Council Action's new executive director. No surprise.

Seabreeze

09-05-2004

Saturday, June 22, 2013 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seabreeze a private message Print Post    
What education does he has?