TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 14, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of OC: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 14, 2013 users admin

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 12:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
From the clip of Heather's acting they showed us last week I expected Heather to do really well but unfortunately I felt awkward watching her.

I have a feeling Heather is our next Adrienne. The staged arguments with Terry every show now...ugh...she's always going at her husband. Heather's very aware of first season wives not returning if they don't have a good story going. I guess her story will be drama with her husband, he must really love her to put up with this. Disappointed she's revealing herself to be so vampid, I had liked her and now...meh not so much.

Vicki I like, always have inspite of herself. I dislike Brooks so much and how he's changed her. As much as I don't like the meanness of Tamra I feel like I know how Tamra is, I don't think she's phony.

Gretchen I have no reaction to at all, don't enjoy watching her but don't dislike her. Alexis kinda the same, felt bad for her alot this season.

I hope Lauri isn't going to be on many more shows. I used to like her well enough but I don't like her desperation for screen time by telling personal stories about Vicki.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 12:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
I forgot Lydia. Another one I really liked the first show and I still like but it's slipping. The constant moaning about her mother smoking pot is annoying.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
If that is going to be Lydia's storyline all season, they don't need to bring her back next season.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Did you watch the show last night? Lydia talked it through with her husband, he helped with her perspective and she told her mom how important she was to her, while she learned how to make lasagna. It was all very nice.

I thought Heather did a good job, much better than news anchor Alexis on the soap.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jen, I watched the show last night, but I'm so over Lydia going on and on and on about her mother smoking pot. Her mother is not smoking pot in Lydia's rental house. In fact, her mother doesn't even live with her - so she needs to get over it. I know I'm not the only one that feels that way. People are going crazy on the Bravo blogs about how sick they are of the pot-smoking storyline. Lydia brings nothing to this show.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Surely, Gretchen taking the cameras with her to the gynecologist's office as she talks about how lush her "hoo ha"--seriously, that woman called her reporductive system a "hoo ha." Who does that?--has to be a new low in reality TV. All we needed was a speculum's view of her uterus and it would have been complete.

If I had gone to the LA Women's Expo and the keynote(!) speaker had been Tamra Barney doing her emotional masturbation about how her mommy never told her she loved her, I'd demand my money back. Save it for Oprah. Or more likely, Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live.

Alexis was insufferable as always. And why didn't Vicki know until last night that her SIL is being deployed? Sheesh, she must have really done something to make Brianna keep her at such a distance.

Heather and Terry were, again, as lovely as Jim and Alexis were ugly. It's a great contrast: Heather and Terry have actually accomplished something with their lives (they also sold their house a few months ago for north of $17 million from what I have read), while Alexis and her husband with the chin implant move from one grift to another. And when Terry gave Heather that lovely card over dinner, it was so sweet. Jim, on the other hand, tries to manipulate Alexis and makes her worry about her weight.

And speaking of weight, how is it possible that Lydia has had two kids? She makes Kelly Ripa look fat.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
The card was very sweet. I like Terry alot, he seems a great guy all around.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Lydia's real HOA wouldn't let her film at her own home and that is why she is renting. That happened to Aviva also so she had to rent for filming. Since Lydia's family is worth over 100 million, I doubt that she's renting for nefarious reasons or why it is an issue anyway. We rent part of the year when we are in the tropics. It's just easier than owning and having to keep things up or hire a maintenance company, cleaners, etc. for the time we're not there and we don't want other people staying in our private residence so we just rent from a trusted source. I'm not sure what that means but the neighbors don't seem to mind that we rent instead of own while we're there.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 12:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Vicki is a real piece of work. Intentionally throwing a wrench in the bachelorette party and proud of it. She is just a miserable person all the way around, with herself and others.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Tamra and Vicki are my favorite ones to watch on the show. Both are nuts but I laugh watching them, never know what they are going to do or say.

With Gretchen, Heather, Lydia it always seems very staged. Gretchen is the absolute worst. Heather at least is interesting. Lydia too so far.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
and then to throw Laurie in to the mix telling Gretchen all of Vickie's past lies? OK... wonder what the time line to that was?

I also had a hard time believing that Vicki was able to sabotage the whole trip!

and I'm sorry, but I liked the gifts that Gretchen gave out - of course she should share her own products, I'm sure if Gretchen didnt share then Vicki couldve used that against Gretcchen in her chat "what too cheap to give our own product out?" I wonder if Vicki is having regrets at how hard she works and what she has to show for it? Something is off with Vicki these last few seasons...

I hope Tamra was honest with Gretchen.

Lydia - can I just say she just doesnt, or cant be for real!! lol, but enough with yelling at her mom for smoking pot and being a hippy - enough with that (I'm sure the producers prod her in to adding that so we silly viewers dont forget)
However, I have to applaud her at how she left before the strippers came - I thought she was very gracious in her exit, she could've stayed and been miserable sharing her misery, but I think she found the perfect excuse and I like it - NO DRAMA!! lol

Csnog

07-18-2002

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Vickie and her boyfriend are being sued over her Vodka deal.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/06/real-housewife-vicki-gunvalson-lawsuit-vodka-brooks-ayers/

Vickie should scoot back to her insurance and I think so far that Bravo is going to give Vickie the heave ho IF it continues.

She's getting a bad edit OR a devilish edit by Bravo what with the Gretchen and Laurie chat thrown in.

For what?..except for Bravo to show Vickie in a bad light.

Lydias mom married into that kind of life when you find out who Lydias paternal grandfather is.

Geoff Sterling of Canadas' Sterling everything media.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 12:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I didn't know that Lydia left the party before the strippers came. Yay for her. I fast forwarded through that mess.

About episode before last: I think it would suit Brooks just fine if Vicki alienated herself from her family.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 4:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Vicki called Laurie out in her blog on what she said. When Vicki was "in bed" with another woman, it was actually her sister. There was a conference here in New Orleans and a group of people had gone back to Vicki's room and they were hanging out (including Laurie). There was nothing salacious going on - just hanging out in her room and watching TV. Vicki called Laurie out that she must really need a storyline to come up with something that outrageous that could be easily disproven by asking anyone that was in Vicki's room at the conference. What is funny is Gretchen is probably going to make a huge ass out of herself because she thinks she has scoop on Vicki when she, in fact, has nothing.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
I don't think Laurie would have said that if the other woman was Vicki's sister. She could get sued. I personally would not believe anything Vicki said.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Lauri is a major shit-stirrer and she would have said it if it meant she had a storyline. I'd believe Vicki any day over Lauri.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
Quick question - I'm trying to start/catch up on OC. Who is Lauri? I don't see her on the cast list.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Lauri used to be on during the first, I think, 3 seasons. She had a son Josh who was addicted to heroin IIRC and she left the show ostensibly to make sure he was fine. She'd been a friend of Vicki and they'd been close, but when Lauri met her current husband, her third or fourth, they became more distant.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
Thanks - there is a marathon tomorrow so I will get to tape and watch Seasons 1 and 2, so I will "get" this more. So far, Vicki just seems to screech a lot. And Lydia seems more mature than the others at time yet childlike with her own mother. Weird. The doctor's wife seems rational enough and holy cow that Gretchen's meltdown at her trampoline gym party scared me. Just scared me.

Cafstr

05-14-2011

Friday, June 14, 2013 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cafstr a private message Print Post    
Not sure if this has been discussed, but I have to weigh in on Vicki's face lift. Hugh mistake. She looks way worse, even funny looking. Her face is so long and skinny now. Reminds me of the dog, I think they are, the Afghans. Look it up and compare. Not purposely being mean, I like Vicki, but she certainly does not look better.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Friday, June 14, 2013 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
Not me, I would believe Lauri before Vicki. Vicki is such a "mean girl".

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 14, 2013 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well, the way Vicki called out Lauri on Twitter and every other social media, I have to believe Vicki on this. It sounds like several people were in Vicki's room having cocktails and chatting and that Lauri should know better than to lie when she knew it was Vicki's sister. Lauri cheated on George within something like one or two years of marrying him so she has no credibility with me. She also has a huge grudge against Vicki over something Vicki found out about George (It was George's ex-wife that called her) and Lauri never got over it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 14, 2013 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was just reading the Bravo blogs and the viewers are now calling Lauri out because Lauri was talking to Vicki's sister and Vicki about their father in the hotel room during the trip in New Orleans. How these people remember stuff from the first season is beyond me unless they have the DVD set.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, June 14, 2013 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I have a memory that's "convenient" Convenient to me!! lol -

Real Housewives was created because of Jeanna - who was married to a former Baseball player, and she was a former playboy bunny - a television producer was friends and kept saying her real life would make a great TV series - and that became Real Housewives. Vicky and Jeanna were friends - then the tv show, and that disolved, they bring Jeanna back from time to time - even on Watch What happens Live... Laurie worked for Vicky - so keep in mind that wonderful dynamic!

Laurie had to work and had to work hard to keep her lifestyle - Vickie works a lot (from her own admission) Laurie ended up getting married, merging two families, and that's when she bowed out of Housewives - it was a sweet storyline, loved her trying on wedding dresses (Austin from Project Runway made an appearance, but none of his creations worked)

So when Jeanna left they focused more on Vicky - and I do remember some of her "getaways" she was indeed romantically involved with another while married - but, it was always a he said she said situation... Vicky has given up her WOOHOO because it was bad for her business!

and I hate how Brooks has latched in to Vickie! Why she cant see him for what he is - that just flummoxes me!

ITA Gretchen is going to get bit in the rear this season if she goes toe to toe with Vickie!

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Friday, June 14, 2013 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Bbwatcher- I totally agree. I would not believe Vicki!

Reader234- Remember how Vicki would throw a fit if the girl's went away together, and brought their mate's with them..because she would leave Don home?