TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 01, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Jon & Kate Plus 8: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 01, 2013 users admin

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the show last night and, although both moms live really opposite lives, I respect how each lives and both seem very happy. They are both a bit over the top . . Kate with her scheduling and Kendra with her laziness. I wish I could be more like Kate with her details. Her kids are all so adorable and have changed so much since I've last seen them. And little Hank . . a doll but I agree about his needing a haircut! Big Hank is pretty much a doll too!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think the point of the show is to take people with rather extreme views and show them 'the other side'. I think it worked here. But honestly, I think if you weren't as organized as Kate, 8 kids would break me. She did seem to implement some of the changes as well, varying up the girl/boy chores for example. And she had Kendra and family over to visit after it was over. Seems like they all liked each other and learned something.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I don't watched the show but am interested in how long they trade for?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
On the show they make it seem like it's a week, but other stars who have done it let it leak that it's more like 3 days.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I got the impression that they made it seem like two weeks (for the first week they live by the old rules, the second week by the new rules). But I also think it's a couple of days. They should make them change their clothes more often if they want us to believe it's longer. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The actual wording in the show is that they are swapping for a week. And when Kate got home, she said something how it didn't seem like a week she was away. It seemed more like a month. So they are trying to portray it as a week.

While I know they didn't actual live in each other's home for a week, I do think with traveling, prep, and after interviews, that could all add up to a week away from home.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, but Kendra also said "this WEEK, we are doing things my way"... so that's why I thought they were trying to convey two weeks. Not a big deal.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
The Gosselin kids seemed to not understand Kendra's ways. It was funny when one of them was worried about getting lettuce everywhere when they had their taco party. I was surprised at what a "hands off" mom Kendra is. I knew she wasn't a housekeeper, but I did expect more from her by now.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kate impressed me. Im in awe of how she runs her household. Good for her. She is showing women power and that she didnt need her husband to keep up with her family. I bet her kids all do well in school too.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I have to admit that it seemed VERY SAD to me, how little Hank responded to Kendra when she came home. He almost seemed to be squirming to get away from her, as if she was a stranger. So I wonder how much she was playing to the cameras with her being all cuddly with him?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Mame, I noticed that too, and that he didn't even jump up to run and go hug her. He just kept sitting on the step with Nanny Rosa. Like her absence wasn't unusual perhaps?

On the other hand, Kate's kids ran out the door and met her on the lawn and hugged her.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Kate impressed me, too. Her kids will be responsible adults. My personality could use a little more "Kate" in it.

I was amazed at how Kendra's husband treats her. Truly.

I think it looked like they each benefited from the swap.

Penny

07-14-2009

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Penny a private message Print Post    
People, people, people. This was a "Reality" show. What is more unreal or scripted than a reality show. Absolutely zip, nada, nothing. Looked good for TV but has no redeeming qualities. Just saying.... matters NOT

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Both of them have been on reality shows before.Aand they remain true to who they were then. I think it's pretty accurate.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I noticed that about little Hank too. He seemed like he wasnso not interested in Kendra. I watched to see how Kate's kids acted when she came home and they all jumped on her. I think that is very telling. I like Kendra, but now you are a wife and mother and your life isn't about going out with the girls and getting drunk. And those were her words, not mine. Kinda sad.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I ended up liking everyone and Kate had a good point .. how much Kendra was losing by not really parenting. And the irony is that it is clear that Kendra loves her son and likes kids in general. Seems she could still get her party on, if she really has to and still spend more time with her 2 1/2 year old. I mean she had no chores herself it seemed, so she could really spend some time with that cute little guy.

I liked this episode.. seems last time I watched a wife swap they had opposites in ways that meant they were out to prove points by keeping kids from doing things they like and killing a parental agenda.

I wasn't keen on the tacos on the floor, even with mats and of course Kendra may not "get" the concept that there are budget restraints, but all and all this was pleasant and positive.

Kendra's husband is a keeper for sure and I think maybe he will start trusting her more with real life.. she can take it.

Florin

08-27-2006

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 3:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed seeing the kids again. Over all I think it was a good exchange of moms. They both appeared to learn something from the time spent in another's home.

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
I despise Kate (ha) but it was interesting show and I give her nothing but credit for doing everything she does as a single mom, she's got those kids on check ha ha. But like Kendra they are kids and I do hope she does all kinds of Kid things with them.

Kendra ugh I've never been a huge fan but WOW she really isn't a hands on mom, Hank must be in serious love to put up with that lazyness. If you wanted to party and get drunk then don't have kids, get it all out of your system then settle down.

Little Hank could care less that she was gone and he responded very well to Kate and her rules, it's almost like he wants structure but isn't getting it (if that makes sense)

Kate's kids have gotten so big especially the twins.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
If you have 8 children, you have to have rules and chores or else your house would end up looking like Octomom's house.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Finally watching this, still in progress so don't know what the end will bring. Kendra is a child, charming, but a child. Why the h.e.double hockey sticks is a toddler in day care with both parents and a nanny in the home? Kate is uber-structured but if you have 8 kids and don't want to delegate parenting I am not sure there is an a choice.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
lol Iluvreality! LIke Penny stated above, its a reality show, and with little Hank, my first thought, wonder how many takes they did? I think Kate's kids know the drill, are older - it is in no way a comment on the kids, just the reality script part - but like we've stated many times they cant film something that isnt there either, and I do believe being more hands on for Kendra would be a good thing -

Angel, I think her pregnancy was an "accident" or it wasnt planned? I seem to recall watching her Bridal Shower and she didnt drink and that's when she told her mom and grandmother, they were so not happy.

I also think Kendra seems immature, but think about how she was raised, she says how rebellious she was and that moving in to the Playboy Mansion probably saved her from herself, and Hef had strict rules AND being at the mansion, remember the dogs? All the girls had to do was pick up a phone and things were delivered to them, taken their dogs out, etc AND at the same time, its more than enough time for Kendra to get a clue and move forward, so maybe this show will highlight some of that!

Rissa having worked in a daycare/preschool I think that Lil Hank can get a lot out of a situation where he's in with other kids, learns some school structure as well, in today's world so many kids do learn a lot in the daycares, by the time they get to school Kindergarten, that moves fast, and the kids that have been home can be behind (a lot of moms do create a good structure without the daycare, not all, and I think Kendra and Hank giving LIl Hank the daycare may help his social and educational development)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But at 2.5 years old??? Good grief! I can see playdates or even a once or twice a week group, but it just seems young to be a daily thing. If he needs structure, hopefully now Kendra will get just a bit more structure for herself and her child.

As I said, it did seem like she didn't hate being with kids, just so much structure and work at Kate's.. at home she could still have help but get to enjoy that adorable little guy more.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I am confused about little Hank's age. It seemed like I saw or read that he was 2 and also that he was 4.

I liked the show. It probably gave Kate some good PR. I admire her in ways, but her negative personality started coming out during the roundtable at the end. Sure wish she would soften and laugh some...more like how she was at the beginning of J&K+8 during her lighter moments.

I do like how she didn't really criticize Kendra but told her Kendra herself was missing out on those moments. I really hope Kendra spends a lot more time with her son now.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
They said he was almost 3 Happymom, at least when this was filmed.

I don't have a problem with daycare but no way for a 2 year with 3 adults in the home. If he needs socializing then that's why parents take the kid to the park, to playgroups, etc.

Now that I am done watching, I gotta say I bet Hank is out of there in 5 years tops. He seems nice but part of me thinks its a little inappropriate with how invested he is in keeping his wife from maturing, reaching her potential. Why wouldn't he want to be a partnershp of equals? Hard to judge when you know you are only seeing 5% of the conversations though.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I thought he was almost 4 (oops, thanks Happymom for letting me know I wasnt imagining it - and thanks Sea for getting to his age at the time it was filmed)
- at 21/2 was he even potty trained? He is certainly adorable... and playdates and groups like at the Library (or even those muzak classes) are a good choice for kids!