TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 03, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Little People; Big World: Archive through June 03, 2013 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 15, 2012 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I emjoyed (finally) the Australia show.. what a short trip for such a long journey, but I assume TLC helped to fund it. I also was happyto see Zach with his girlfriend and also that Matt got up on the camel and finally went in the water again, though I was surprised he didn't wear one of the suits to help prevent jellyfish encounters.

Really nice trip. Jacob is the only one to change so much I don't relate to him so much.

Love the relationship between Jeremy and Molly.

And saw the first wedding episode.. no actual wedding, yet, Jewels.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching the Wedding shows? I'm really enjoying it. I cried when Molly went away to college. It's nice to see Zach is still with is girlfriend. Amy and Matt seemed to have settled into this new adventure -- still squabbling at times, but working together at others. I'm glad to see the Roloff's back.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I've been watching. I cried, too. Molly and Jeremy are turning into wonderful young adults. Zach seems happier than he ever has been.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm watching and still shaking my head at how often Matt leaps before he thinks. Amy is a saint to put up with that putz.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
My DVR is not catching these. Can someone give me the title of the wedding show? TIA!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Search your listings for Little People and you should find it. It's something like Little People Big World Wedding _____

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 12:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Little People Big World: Wedding Farm

Citruscitygal

08-07-2003

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Citruscitygal a private message Print Post    
Accidently ran across a special tonight.
Little People, Big World: Conquering Mount St. Helens - Amy decides to undertake the challenge of climbing Mount St. Helens; Matt builds a schoolhouse in secret as a gift for Amy.
I'll keep an eye out for a repeat showing. Might be available on the TLC website.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ah, 10 min into a repeat but I see a repeat on 3/26 at 3pm.

I really do NOT understand why TLC is not promoting these specials/shows and naming them so that the DVRs don't pick them up.

Very frustrating.

And the Roloffs don't seem to be emailing about them. I was at one time getting emails from Matt and from Amy. Now just Amy but always about her foundation.

Thanks for posting CCG..

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
It is showing two times on the 26th.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I happened to catch this show last night in full because I was channel flipping.

Amy really is an inspiration to me.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I live within eyesight of Mt. St. Helens. One of my best friends and her DH climbed the mountain about 10 years ago. She said at that time they were allowed to lie on their stomachs and peek over the edge. I don't know if one can any longer...but I guess I'll know when I watch the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If they still can, Amy probably will do it.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Ophilia for the heads up, DVR set.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, March 23, 2013 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I just love Amy Roloff! Good for her!

I am also glad for both her and Matt that she loved the schoolhouse.

I wish we knew a little more about the kids. Zach has moved out, but that's about all we heard about his life. I was really glad for both him and Amy that he climbed Mt. St. Helens with her. Amazing accomplishment for anyone, esp. a little person.

I loved this ep. And Amy made me cry at the beginning of it when she talked about being a mom. (I too am wistful thinking of my kids when they were young.)

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Since I live just a hop, skip and a jump from Any and within view of Mt. St. Helens I noticed a big thing they were trying to sneak by us. Amy climbed the mountain when the deciduous trees all still had their green leaves and the ground was dry. Matt built the school house when all the leaves had fallen from the trees and it was deep in Oregon's rainy season. Sneaky Petes!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Oh, one more nit-pick:

Why did they not wear hard hats in the rocks. Dumb!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was surprised that they suddenly had the hiking sticks toward the top.. would think it would have been helpful all along. When I took backpacking, I bought a single longer stick and while it is something to have to carry along, it can be amazingly helpful as well.

Well that is a bummer that they concocted the episode from different seasons. I WAS glad she liked the school house.

I do wish Matt would use all that imagination and drive even more for volunteer work.. like build his great little buildings in places where they'd be used and loved by kids who don't have such things.. but I know he has a giving heart, so how he chooses to give is up to him.. the family from Iraq, bringing in kids for building the structures for a competition.

Amy is just amazing.. and she didn't give up. SO glad Zach went with her, too. It was a feat for him as well, though of course he's younger.

I think all the kids except Zach are on Twitter, but they don't tweet all that much. Jeremy does tweet sweetly about his girlfriend and his family and posts great photos he takes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow, this really sucks for them..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/01/mat-roloff-little-people-big-world-harassment_n_3367575.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl5%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D321437

The family is being harassed, stalked and threatened...

Juat a snippet:

quote:

some random individual? We don't know who's up to it, and it's spooky," Roloff said.

An escalation of the threats against the Roloffs, a family of six with three members with dwarfism, put local law enforcement on notice.

"The threats have got more hateful and more graphic in nature. They do seem to be escalating and becoming more disturbing," Sergeant Bob Ray of the Washington County Sheriff's Office told The Huffington Post earlier this week.

The harassment -- including rape, death, and bomb threats -- has been directed at Roloff, his wife, Amy, and the couple's children. The intimidation has been persistent over recent months, but came to a head recently when Matt Roloff started receiving abusive phone calls and spotted suspicious cars in his driveway.

"All that combined has made us a little bit uneasy," Roloff said. "And the stuff these people are saying is pretty nasty. They violate every hate category that you can think of. You just can't just go around saying you're going to rape people or blow them up because of their disability."

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
This has been big news on local tv lately.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I can imagine!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I hate crazy people!

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
Did you guys see the episode tonight? Geeez...their marriage is not going to well since the 3 older kids left the nest. Matt was constantly on Amy's case...although her house did need some attention.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Didn't even know one was on tonight.. the stupid way they are naming each episode makes it impossible to set up ahead on the DVR for the season. I will get the later version tonight.. Thanks.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
My DVR picked this one up. I'm watching now. I totally get why Matt is so upset. They have this huge beautiful house, enough $ for a housekeeper, and yet there is garbage and spoons and tipped over clothes hampers and other stuff strewn all about. It would make me crazy too and I'm NOT a neat freak at all. That said, Matt doesn't seem to want to compromise much in the relationship -- dissing the dancing, the restaurants she wants to go to. I think she let him get away with not doing things she wanted to for too long.