TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 25, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: The Real Housewives of New Jersey: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 25, 2013 users admin

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Dina stepped away after only 1 season, smart lady.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
According to TMC, Danielle Staub was meeting with Andy Cohen yesterday...rumor is she might be coming back to the show...nooooooo!

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I think that everyone knew what was going on with the fashion show, especially BRAVO. They don't follow people around and film what they do, they set things up. Just like Jill (from RHONY) said to Andy the other day, her showing up to make up with Bethenny, was preplanned. And it was apparent to me, that the other women knew Jill was going to show up and why. So, with this fashion show, like each year when BRAVO films there, something was going to happen, something pre-planned. And the scapegoat, to me, was Teresa. But I don't think she new that she was the real target. Everything turned to her very quickly, with no evidence, as if it were scripted. And all the other women were involved, lashing out and blaming Teresa.

If someone is actually set-up, then that set-up would cause damages, and those damages could be shown in court. Well, what were the damages to Melissa? And why didn't she sue that guy, Kim, BRAVO, and even Teresa if she thought she was involved? That's not what happened. I don't buy there was any set-up, it was all for show. Still, to date, I have yet to actually hear what Teresa did to anyone. It's all superficial and petty nonsense. No one deserves to be lashed out at like Teresa was, I don't care what she did or didn't do, or was thought to do, no one deserves that kind of bullying. These are grown women, not children. Is this show so important to them, that they would treat Teresa the way they have? And even Teresa for staying, it doesn't seem worth it to me. I still hope Teresa leaves and gets her own show. But right now, I think RHONJ is a wash.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
well said Stormie. Glad I'm not the only one that sees it this way.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
After hearing Jill talk about how the cast of these Housewives shows are involved in "creating" storylines, especially dramatic ones, I don't believe any of us (the viewers) know the truth of anything we are seeing.

These shows are designed for entertainment. To say this one is evil or that one is crazy is, imho, totally buying into what Bravo and company are selling. I am just as guilty ... as demonstrated in my writing about Jill's appearance on WWHL on the RHONY page.

That said, it does amaze me that so many of us who watch the same show seem to divide up into one of two camps.

For me, this season of the show: I kind of understand why Teresa and Jacquiline have been long time friends as they both can come across as scatterbrains. I like Caroline; but, this year did not serve her well. I like Melissa. I think she is a great addition to the cast. I think Joe Gorga is, at heart, a sweet, funny, caring guy. I like Kathy. I liked her entire family. I didn't like some of the things her husband said. I thought Rosie was a hoot; but, I worried about her alcohol consumption. Albert is my favorite; but then again, he hardly ever says anything. I like his and Caroline's children. I honestly do not understand the hate directed towards them. Joe Guidice: my thoughts about him are so negative they are better left unsaid. His and Teresa's children are beautiful and funny. I think it is terrible that Gia is getting bullied in real life. It would be tragic if these girls end up being permanently damaged as result of a TV show. I think, at heart, Teresa is also a funny, sweet, caring woman. I also think she has a some jealousy issues. Oh, my goodness, she is human. My impression of watching her this year is that she is very overwhelmed with everything going on in her life. I don't think, based on what I saw, that she understands the impact her words and actions have on those around her. I really do think she has a kind heart, but her brain (empathy) does not seem to be understanding what everyone is so upset about. It did seem like everyone was ganging up against Teresa this year; but, I think more out of frustration than anything. I hope brother and sister mend any fences that need mending.

So, see, in spite of myself, I am buying into some of what Bravo is selling.

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
Usually at the end of a season of NJ, i am a little sad. Not in this case though. I'm kind of done with Theresa's screetching. It will be interesting to see who gets the boot next year. I like Jacqueline, i just think she had a ton on her plate this year that could have made her a little off. Caroline had nothing on her plate other than her missing her children (who don't live all that far from her). I LOVE Kathy--i really hope the rumors are not true that she won't be asked back. I like Melissa, at least she is honest (in my mind anyway).

Redpen

07-24-2003

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
At least Caroline has admitted on TV that she acted horribly this season. So I feel a little better.

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
Just had a thought last night--wouldn't it be something if this storm brought out the good in all of their families and made them make up? :-)

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
first thing my husband said when we were watching the storm was going to hit jersey shore was bet that joe guy doesnt have storm insurance
on that shore house
bet thats right

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
The only thing I've seen is Melissa on Facebook. I also follow Caroline and Theresa, haven't seen anything from either of them. I know it may or may not really be them either, but just to know how they are doing. Sounds like inland (around Franklin Lakes, etc.) may not have gotten too much maybe, but in Hoboken the Manzo boys and Greg are concerning me too. Why i do not know. I'm way too old for them :-)

Missyb

07-28-2004

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Shelb724, Caroline called into Andy Cohens shopw , Watch Whats Happening Live. She said the boys, and Lindsay , were fine.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I thought Lindsay was out?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I thought I read or heard somewhere that they broke up. Maybe they got back together.

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
Maybe they are friends? So i caught something on Facebook yesterday (i think its Real Housewives from the Stir?) saying that Danielle Staub was coming back!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Shelb, I read they are talking to Danielle but nothing has been firmed up yet. Evidently Danielle and Tre are friends/civil towards each other and Tre needs someone to film with.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
If Danielle is in, then I am out. Neither Theresa nor Daniel is worthy of my time or attention.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Sugar. It would be a total waste of my time, too.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Friday, November 23, 2012 - 1:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Occurred to me the other day that I truly think I am finally done with the HW shows. Although I did click on this thread for latest news, so maybe I am just done with watching the shows but will continue to read your comments about them.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, November 23, 2012 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
What a waste of my time to watch Teresa and Danielle. It's time for this show to go by the wayside.The irony for me was to finally realize that these reality shows are somewhat scripted by promoting negativity and drama.
Just think of all you could do vs watching this train wreck:
take a nap
Clean a closet
Read a book
Arrange recipes
Volunteer somewhere
Clean your house
Clean your car
Read to a child
Put up your holiday decorations or on the flip side put them away in late Dec/ Jan vs April !
Snuggle with your sweetie !
Take stuff to the recycling bins

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Friday, November 23, 2012 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
ahhh... it is still my guilty pleasure. I dont drink or do drugs so I'll take housewives.

I think a lot is set up Jill proved that on her WWHL interview. but the teresa thing is so off base dont think that could be scripted, she is just off the wall with her lies, the Olive Garden being a joke as an example.

I think it may be time for her to go even though I feel bad they need the money and daddy may be going to jail.

I think I am the only one who does like Melissa and Joe of Lauen Manzo she is right up there with ashley as far as I am concerned

I would love for Rosie to be a regular.

Boy Danielles girls turned out beautiful. but have seen enough of Danielle

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, November 23, 2012 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well, there are now mixed reports regarding Danielle. There are reports that everyone has reported back to filming, including Caroline, Jacqueline and Kathy, but no Danielle. It is entirely possible that Jacqueline may not film the entire season and then Danielle will be brought in later.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
What an ugly group. They all had moments where you thought you could like them but they all eventually showed their true colors.

I don't believe a word that Caroline says or any of them for that matter. I think it's sad that any of them are back.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Juicy's trial date is next week. I think it is April 1.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Caroline Manzo was on Good Morning America today, promoting her book that comes out tomorrow, when asked about the new season of RH, she said Bravo would come after her if she revealed anything, she could say she didnt think they could top last seasons (and GMA showed a picture of Teresa shoving the table) but there were lots of tears, and laughter, just over the top

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Caroline was there to sell her new book. She couldn't really write one on parenting so instead she wrote one about what goes on behind the scenes of filming. In other words, it's a book of gossip from her point of view.