TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 08, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: The Little Couple: Archive through May 08, 2013 users admin

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Re: Changing his name to Ben. It looks as if they combined their own names. Bill+Jen=Ben. Cute!

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
First - Sorry for double post earlier. Not sure how that happened.

Sea - They are the first guests.

They named him William and call him Will. They adopted him from China. He weighs 30 pounds. The family seems very happy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
He seems so big, LOL, he is 3 years old and 30 pounds is that the normal percentile? Just wondering since I don't know anything about child development stats.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
it's not out of the ordinary for parents to change their child's birth name when they adopt. a little more unusual if they child is older but not uncommon. one of the things the judges asks you when you go to court to become a permanent family is 'what do you name this child?'.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
Ben was not his name...it was a name the adoption agency used to identify him...they called it his fake name! They said his middle name was Chinese...so perhaps that is the name he has been called. He is learning English...as I am sure Chinese has been what he was expose to, so changing his name will fall right into learning new words for everything.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
According to the pediatric chart, for a boy age 3 the average weight is 18 kg...about 39 lbs.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wasn't complaining about any possible name change; just commenting on it. Makes sense that they agency would use a fake name.. heck maybe that is where Ben came from.

I guess my DVR doesn't like Katie either :-( Did not record.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 12:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Oops, guess I was wrong. I thought I read that they (the Kleins) changed his name from William to Ben. Sorry! He is very cute.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I didn't write that beause of you or anyone...just informing where the name Ben came from. I too, wondered about the name change and then I read where it came from...just thought I would send it along.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 5:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else see The Little Couple episode last night? From what I gathered, they have had him awhile...since he was two. Did I get that right?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
no. he is almost 3, but has been in an orphanage waiting to be adopted.

i was an emotional wreck watching the show last night. my children are adopted and i can relate so well to everything they were going through! taking pictures of the future room (in our case in hopes a birthmother would like it and pick us), calling each other mom and dad for the first time, seeing the face of my child for the first time.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Dagmagit I didn't realize it was on.....but I'm sure ill be able to watch a rerun. So darn happy for them!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't even watch this show and I watched both episodes last night. They are so sweet and trying so hard to contain their excitement...the look on Jen's face when she was watching the video brought me to tears.

They've apparently had him since March.

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
I am SO happy these two were blessed with a child. They had me in tears ha.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto Roxi. I think I've seen maybe one or two eps of this show in my life at most. BUT I got hooked with last night's two back to back eps, regarding the adoption preparations. And they are SUCH LIKEABLE and GENUINE people. (Unusual on overly-scripted, combative 'reality' shows these days.)

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Stupid DVR cancelled my manually set recording, cause it was "repeat." Both episodes. And so far I don't see them replaying in the next two weeks.

Never had that problem before with multiple-played episodes. If the "new" episode initially clashes, I can manually set a repeat episode later. I hope it doesn't keep doing this to me!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Who, go online to TLC. The first half hour is up for viewing...A New Baby On The Way.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The next two episodes!! LOVELOVELOVED them.

All the prep.. imagine Jen having to find strollers and other items she can actually work and see over.. babyproofing, and then they heard from another agency, through LPA, of a little girl from India, also a little person and they want to call her Zoey so they prepared a wonderful room for her as well..

Looks like next week they have a trainer come in because Maggie the dog isn't fond of children.

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
OMGoodness they are getting a little girl as well. SO HAPPY for them!!

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
How old is the little girl from India? Wonderful blessings for wonderful people.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
At the time of the taping of the show she was 8 months old. They are going to name her Zoey.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I finally got to see all 4 episodes of this season.

I have a creepy feeling about Zoey though. I hope it works out that they got her. They have been very liberal showing pictures and videos of Will. But when she got the e-mail with Zoey's pic, they didn't show it. At the end of the last episode, when Bill was showing off the rooms to Jen, there were two pics on the wall in the hallway. One was of Will, and the other one was blurred out. I assume that was probably Zoey's pic. So, why are they being so careful not to show any pics of her?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Whoami. It makes me suspect that for some reason the adoption of Zoey does not happen for one reason or another.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Is China still allowing foreign adoptions? I believe it is Russia who has stopped and thrown a big wrench in the system.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well, Zoey is in India, so who knows what their current policy is. I've had friends who tried to adopt from China for years and finally just gave up (they were heartbroken) because China has become very sensitive about the bad press they were receiving because of their treatment of little girls. However, in Will's case, his being a special needs baby is probably helping speed the process along (and I'm not inferring that there is anything wrong with dwarfism).