TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 07, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: General Discussion (Various Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through April 07, 2013 users admin

Amchess

08-27-2002

Friday, March 29, 2013 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amchess a private message Print Post    
I agree with Jasper! Was glad Devon won.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, March 29, 2013 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen this show called Amish Mafia? I kid you not--thats the title. Its such a bizarre show. This guy is a member of the Amish community yet he drives a truck and totes a gun around! The whole thing is ludacris and good for a laugh.
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/amish-mafia

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Friday, March 29, 2013 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I have never heard of that show. What network? The name alone has me interested.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, March 29, 2013 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Oh yes I watch Come Dine With Me. Its very funny. And mean. I often wonder how the people participating feel when they see the show and how they were edited!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, March 29, 2013 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
They are all absolutely bladdered most of the time. I love the narrator. CJ I think it is so funny most of the time, touching sometimes as well.

Pam it is actually Come Dine with Me Canada and is on a Canadian channel "W Network". I got hooked on it when they aired the original British version.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Friday, March 29, 2013 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Jasper. Yeah, I don't get that channel. and

They once had this program on BBC, can't remember the name of it, but it involved 4 "contestants". One would cook/entertain the other 3 one night, then the next would do the same the following night, and so on. Each person rated the evening. At the final dinner, whoever scored the highest won a set amount of money. I thoroughly enjoyed that program. Wish they would bring it back.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
That's it!

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Oh, that is too funny! I should be embarrassed by my poor memory. Instead, I am just laughing at myself. Fun show. Still wish it would come back to BBC. I thought I read somewhere (a long time ago - lol) that they had stopped making the series. I will have to check it out.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I remember being able to find it online - there was an Ireland series to for the Come Dine with Me - I have to say it was the BEST SHOW EVER - because of this show DD decided she could cook as well as they could - and at the time we were watching everyone was making creme brulee - dd makes creme brulee, pot de creme, and I think she is making some kind of spun sugar right now!! All because of this show!!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 3:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I went on You Tube and found some UK episodes of 'Come Dine With Me'. I couldn't find any full episodes for the Canadian version. Looks like a fun show. I'm anxious to check them out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZulNnSJ2VM

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They showed a few episodes of one season of (the UK) Come Dine With Me on BBC America, but I guess no one watched as they've never shown any more. The more recent ones are getting a bit repetitive but there are a good few years of really excellent ones if you can find them.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I watched a couple of episodes early this morning and enjoyed them. Some of the participants are "out there". The narrator's quips cracked me up.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They've done a lot of stunt casting in the more recent ones, you know, really extreme people or they've set it up so two people are bound to clash (e.g. someone who hunts foxes in the same group as a vegan). The narrator really makes the show, I've seen some of the Australian ones and it's basically the same but without Dave Lamb it's nowhere near as entertaining.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
FYI-
I just went to watch some more 'Come Dine With Me' episodes this morning and the You Tube account for the link I posted above has been closed. You can still search around and find episodes on there though.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Possible Mole sighting? Wish I remembered which network I saw this on. .. a flash across the screen during an ad said "#WHOISTHEMOLE. Anybody heard anything? ?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ooohhhhh is the show returning???

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 3:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
no, that's from the show Scandal.

Sammi

03-31-2008

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch "Forever Young" on Wednesday night? It was on TV Land at ten and then repeat at 11. I enjoyed it so much the first time I watched it again at 11. It was quite funny. Give it a go, I loved it.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I watched it, Sammi. I wasn't too certain about it during the first few minutes, but somewhere along the way I started laughing and enjoying both sides of the equation. The question and answer game was fun and educational. My heart went out to the one girl who is struggling with confiding in her mom. Before her confession though, my heart wasn't nearly so fond of her behavior!

Sammi

03-31-2008

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
I know what u mean, I didn't like her too much either, but after her heartfelt feelings about her life I changed my tune a little. One of the old duffers and the tough looking young'n really seem to hit it off big time. I can't wait for next week. Right now, that is becoming my favorite show, it has even taken over Survivor spot. Glad you enjoyed it too, Pam.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch the new show on "Slice" (Canada) called "The Undateables"? I just happened upon it and it was quite interesting.

The Undateables follows the journeys of several extraordinary singletons as they enter the dating circuit in pursuit of love. From a doctor of psychology with dwarfism to a young man with Tourette's, to an office worker with Down's Syndrome, the show follows them as they enter the world of blind dates, matchmaking and speed-dating.

http://www.slice.ca/Shows/ShowsPage.aspx?Title_ID=299376

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, April 05, 2013 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I watched it Miz, and mostly hate the TITLE Of the show which I find cold, cruel and disparaging. The show itself seems to walk a fine line between compassion and prurience. I found it painful to watch at times, because I felt so bad for these folks, and at times, for the folks whom they dated. I will probably give it another chance. I thoroughly enjoyed the couple who went skating and bowling. That girl was so understanding and sweet, the Tourrettes fellow really lucked out. :-)

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I didn't know the title untill the end and I agree it puts them down by saying they're 'undateable'. I too enjoyed the couple who went skating. I would be like him, falling on the ice every 2 minutes. I felt bad for him when he waited over a half hour for her and it causing his Tourrettes to flare up. I found the Aspburger guy quite funny when he was flexing his one arm for his date but then he did both arms and I'm like noooooooooooooo don't do it! LOL His mom seemed like a very intelligent, nice put together person.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Sunday, April 07, 2013 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
While walking on the Venice Beach, we saw the taping of American Ninja Warrior. 3 hour delay while they adjusted the set. Stuntman had no problem whizzing thru, but none of the first 10 contestants could.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 07, 2013 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
My head is spinning as I am watching dooms day preppers - (something more reasonable was on before). This episode is about people preparing for the zombie apocalypse.

They seem to be getting their zombie information from old movies though - so ??
They are talking to experts in various famous places of learning (John Hopkins, Harvard, etc) - really someone wants their name to be associated with this thought. My mind is spinning.