TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 13, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 13, 2013 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, March 22, 2013 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The 'buddy' system seemed to work very well for them in Tokyo...never lost one kid.

I loved the ladies putting on the kimonos...white face and all.

Amchess

08-27-2002

Friday, March 22, 2013 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amchess a private message Print Post    
One of the best times I ever had was in Tokyo - I was a military brat in high school & my boyfriend & I got lost and wound up at a Japanese inn. The guests there taught us how to do the coal miner's & the fishermen's dances - everyone was on the dance floor in a big circle. We had a wonderful time with the kindest people!

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
I love this show. Michelle gets on my nerves but I love watching the kids & let me tell you that little Josie has turned out so well...she makes my heart melt.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I don't even know if I could handle 19 kids lol I have 4 and that is quite enough lol

Four, Angelic? I missed the 4th one...boy or girl?

I read about the two girls and the boy, but when was the 4th?

I saw a clip on TV of the Duggars in China and Michelle doesn't seem to age.

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
Cricket, I have the 4th 3 months ago (the show is now closed ha) it's a boy.

She really doesn't age at all.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Wow! I know I haven't been on as much, but didn't even realize you were pregnant again.

Congratulations!

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I don't believe Josh is obese. Yes, he's gained some weight, but obese? I really did admire what he said about how other people who have bad health, have it for reasons not under their control. But I liked how he took responsibility for himself, made no excuses, and just said he had gotten into some really bad eating habits.

Josie is really got a lot of personality. She's one of those kids who lights up a room.

I also liked the boys building their own greenhouse and knowing how to do it.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I think the Dr. said Josh's BMI put him into the obese category.

I also like that he took responsibility for himself.

The format &/or narration or something for this season seems somewhat different than the past couple or few seasons. It is kind of quiet and boring like their first specials. I wish they'd go back to the livelier style.

I am starting to worry that the Duggar girls will not have the opportunities to meet wholesome young men of whom their father approves. I hope I am wrong. I hope they have happiness and not loneliness. Their parents seem very happy, but I worry about those girls. I worry about the same re the boys somewhat too.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I've been holding my breath for the past 24 hours as there have been tornado warning all over Arkansas.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yikes. I hope they are ok...

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Arkansas had several hits but there weren't any up in NW Arkansas where Tonitown is.

Sunrvrose

08-13-2001

Friday, April 12, 2013 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunrvrose a private message Print Post    
i cannot, imagine anyone supporting this irresponsible, earth destroying tribe,

i find it completely disgusting, and that the mother continues to get preggers with babies who are so unlikely to survive, or thrive is just sick.

i agree that that all of the children are just beautiful.

but who gave them the right to affect our environment like cats, if you had a mama cat that gave birth to 19 litters of kittens, i don't know anyone who would not totally condemn them.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, April 12, 2013 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
http://blog.thebatesfamily.com/page/2/

December 4, 2012 was a special day at our home...It’s the day Chad Paine asked our daughter Erin to court (a pre-engagement stage of their relationship)!

Page 1 of their blog shows pics of the together in March.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Friday, April 12, 2013 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Personally I think that is way too many children to have, but I feel that as long as they can support themselves, it is up to them to have as many children as they want. And I must say that they all seem to be very well behaved.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
that's exactly the way i feel, country.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I personally want to thank the Duggars for blessing this world with their beautiful family. These are children who are destined to grow into productive, constructive, loving citizens who will only make this a better world. I admire everything this family has accomplished. I pray each and every child will be able to create their own beautiful family in the future.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I love the Duggers and the quality family they are raising. They have proven to be a valuable asset to the area in which they live. They give unselfishly give of themselves and don't take a thing from the community.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Earth destroying? Just because they like to have kids?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
They seem more like a cult than a family. What happens when one (or more) of the children starts independent thinking and doesn't choose their lifestyle? Actually, it wouldn't happen because they are so brainwashed from infancy.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
If by brainwashed, they have absorbed their parents values and feel they are part of a community of love and personal responsibility, yep, , theyare probably brainwashed. OMG! I just realized that I also have been brainwashed!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Yikes, me too!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I think it's more about the quality of parenting.

There are far too many people walking around spewing out children they neglect and abuse. Those 'parents' should be condemned - and punished.

But until one of the Duggars writes a Mommy Dearest tell-all, I will continue to trust that they are a decent, loving, prodictive family regardless of the amount of the (shocking) amount of offspring that keep popping up.

As the only child from a dysfunctional family, it is (painfully) wondrous to me to see these 2 people raise so many children with such unconditional love and acceptance. Those kids are truly blessed!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Sadly, if you cannot think about living a life that is different from that of your family and community, you are brainwashed and you are missing out on many possibilities that could enhance your life. I was in my late 40s when I realized that I hadn't made any of my life choices from my gut, but rather from what I had been brought up to believe. When I broke away, I was a whole new, better person. The last 30 years have been an amazing joy to me even knowing my mother must be spinning in her grave. BTW, I couldn't break away until after she died. That's how brainwashed I was.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Well, written, Mame!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks OG, but I messed up one sentence which should actually say:

But until one of the Duggars writes a Mommy Dearest tell-all, I will continue to trust that they are a decent, loving, prodictive family, regardless of the (shocking) amount of offspring that keep popping up.