TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 22, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 22, 2013 users admin

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Well, Muffin, that is one thing I will agree with you about. I think the family travels and has a lot of experiences that others are not able to but the business about very limited dating and no kissing, ect does seem a little extreme considering Michelle and Jim Bob were not raised that way. I think I've seen pictures of Michelle in a cheerleading uniform and I know she has admitted to kissing before marriage. They seem overly strict in that area.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 2:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, guess what I just saw? I was just catching up on last evening's news shows and they were showing Rick Santorum making one of his speeches in Wisconsin for the Tuesday primary....well I guess that's today now....And lined up behind him all smiling were the Duggars! Yep, they are supporting Santorum. And no, I'm not surprised. I'm just reporting.

Connies

03-11-2010

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I had read that somewhere too, have their bus all decked out with his name and so on.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
On the news last night I heard that Arkansas might be in the way of some tornados. I said a prayer for the Duggers...as well as anyone who might be in the way. It looks as if nothing happened. I was a might worried though.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Here's a video with Josh and the bus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYnbebtUXVY

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Prayers for the Duggers and all the folks who live in NW Arkansas. There are tornado warnings in that area right now

Alisons

01-10-2003

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
I don't have any kids and probably would be a terrible mother if I did, so Michelle can have the babies I could have had and we can both be happy!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Good way to look at it, Alison. She can have my grand daughter's also as they plan on forgoing children.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Yep, she can have my 2 1/2 kids too!

Serate

08-21-2001

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Duggars start new season, going for baby 20

By Linda Carroll
When it comes to the Duggar family, apparently 19 isn’t enough.

Michelle and Jim Bob say they’re still trying to make it an even 20 – though they know that might be tough.

“I think that it will be a sad day for me whenever I know that we’re not able to have any more,” Michelle Duggar told TODAY’s Savannah Guthrie Friday. “But we’ll look forward to grandbabies. We’re definitely enjoying the ones we’ve got right now. So, hopefully we won’t have that empty nest syndrome.”

The entire Duggar family appeared on the show this morning to give an update and to talk about their reality TV show on TLC.

Advertise | AdChoicesWhen asked whether they were actively trying to add another baby to their big brood, Jim Bob said, “We really consider each child a blessing from God. And each of our children are glad to be here. Aren’t you guys? They love their brothers and sisters.” The Duggar family children's ages range from two-and-a-half to 24.

Even if Michelle and Jim Bob don't have another baby, the Duggar family will probaby keep growing. Guthrie asked oldest Duggar son Josh and his wife Anna, who have two young children, if they were going to continue the Duggar family tradition of a big family.

"We would love more," Anna told TODAY.

Related: Why are people so obsessed with the Duggars?

By American standards the Duggars have been exceptionally fertile. But they don’t come close to holding the record for most offspring.

That, according to Guinness World Records, belongs to a Russian woman who in the 1700s gave birth to a stunning 69 babies in 27 deliveries. That record is the result 16 sets of twins, seven sets of triplets and four sets of quadruplets.

The season six, part two premiere of "19 & Counting" premieres Tuesday at 9/8 Central on TLC.

http://moms.today.com/_news/2012/08/24/13457044-duggars-start-new-season-going-for-baby-20?lite

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I saw a new show this past week. Anna's sister got married. The older Duggar girls were interviewed about guys and their futures a bit. It was funny seeing Joy's expressions during those bits. I'm not sure she even said anything. She is just not at at that stage yet. Young awkward teen and it was sort of heartwarming seeing her expressions. :-)

I really like the Duggars and the show. I have one complaint though. I wish they would not show those first kisses on tv though. For one, if it is so special that you are waiting until your wedding day for your first kiss, I don't think you would want it filmed. That they share that moment with others just bothers me. Wait until your wedding day if you want, but do it in private unless it is just going to be a quick peck. It bothers me even more that they were ok to share it with a tv audience.

Also, it is just not good to look at. Nothing like a refined movie star kiss.

just my opinion.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I also hate that "1st kiss" thing...........kinda iky to make us viewers watch. WE know that they want to "jump each other", WE, just don't need IT put out there like that

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I also hate that "1st kiss" thing...........kinda iky to make us viewers watch. WE know that they want to "jump each other", WE, just don't need IT put out there like that

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I agree with you both! When Josh was dating Anna, the constant hand holding even made me want to go wash my hands. To each his own, I guess, but it skeeved me out

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched the Duggars' in years and watched a repeat, I guess, of Anna's sister's wedding and was surprised that all the kids took or take violin lessons starting at 5. The kids have really grown up and the girls are really pretty and have great personalities. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I have been watching. The most recent ep showed Jim Bob and Michelle in their bedroom with the 5 youngest all sick. It was really sweet family time. It ended with them in a floor in a big heap. I love seeing heartwarming things like that.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
HappyM, I too enjoyed how the parents made the best of a very bad situation.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, February 21, 2013 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Coming up in March from People Magazine, the Duggers in China:

20675879%2C00.html,http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20675879,00.html

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Duggers on Today Show - announce:

Josh and anna are expecting baby #3 in June! It was fun watching them on the Today Show - they were in the control room for some of those breaks - just silly fun!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just read that on People Magazine. I can't wait for the new episode in Asia. Love me some Duggers!

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
Joah & Anna wasting no time

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Jim Bob and Josh have both lost a lot of weight so reports People Magazine:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20680724,00.html

This link isn't working. Can someone else capture it please.

<fixed link - jr>

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
This is the article from People.com

Jim Bob & Josh Duggar Compete in Weight-Loss Challenge

"The Duggar clan is shrinking – by over 50 pounds.

Jim Bob Duggar, 47, and his oldest son Josh, 25, of TLC's 19 Kids & Counting airing on Tuesday nights at 9, are in a fierce weight-loss challenge with each other.

"I got back from Asia and looked at myself on camera and realized something had to change," says Josh.

Married to Anna, 24, and looking forward to the addition of the couple's third child this summer, Josh says he was at 238 lbs. and not feeling healthy. In October, he started to cut back and make healthier choices – and began to see the weight drop.
"I have learned not to grab that bag of potato chips or all that stuff full of sugar," says Josh, who last weighed in at 202 lbs.

Meanwhile, his father, Jim Bob, was starting to feel a little pudgy himself, he says, after his wife, Michelle, 46, started to leave him in the dust when they were out together.

more at the above link ....

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I have watched and very much enjoyed part one of the Duggers in Asia.

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Friday, March 22, 2013 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
They really have god on their side cause little Josie turned out so perfectly what a little cutie. The kids are so well behaved, I don't even know if I could handle 19 kids lol I have 4 and that is quite enough lol