TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 27, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Jon & Kate Plus 8: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 27, 2013 users admin

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 4:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
From what I have read, the recent book written by a friend of Jon has something to do with it. This guy wrote about Kate being a child abuser, but pulled the book before it was released. Kate is suing him for defamation of character. If his allegation is true, what does that say about Jon? He never once in any interview, court record, etc mentioned she abused the children. Coupon Cabin mentioned that this negative attention was not what they wanted for their site. They threw in she was difficult to work with through an unindentified source.

Whether you like her or not, she is the one there for those children...never saw Jon fight for them. Personally, I never saw the difference between her children being on TV than all the other child on TV. Why is one OK and the other not? Her children seemed to enjoy it...unlike Honey Boo Boo who just said she hated it.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
What I heard (and it was a few months ago so might have to hunt up confirmation) was that a reporter had come forward, saying he had all this inflammatory information on Kate... that she was abusive, etal. Said he had never talked to Jon, had discovered all this information through other investigative means. Took less than a week for a real reporter to find out this guy was a friend of Jon's. It seemed to be connected to Jon complaining that he was proverty stricken due to the child support he has to pay and then the information/court records were *leaked* that Kate has voluntarily dropped all support demands about a year back so Jon doesn't have to pay anything except to make up his arrears from before that date. When he is done that he will not be paying a single penny in support, Kate is shouldering it 100%. I tell ya, just when you start to think the two of them might have outgrown their past immature information one of them jumps in the mud again.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
adding to what Rissa and Bbwatcher said the guy wrote a book it was on Amazon for maybe 2 days I think - what I remember is he got the information from computer hard drives - that was suspicious and lt was thought that Kate "threw them in the garbage" at a time this "reporter" found the hard drives in the "garbage" - and of course that story didnt hold water - but his information was gleaned from hard drives that supposedly Kate had kept a detailed journal -

and while I dont agree with many of the reality tv child raising techniques - the child abuse is ludicrous imho

I googled and found this link
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/11/new-book-kate-gosselin-food-demands_n_1957996.html

and this one supports my memory of the garbage theory! lol
http://tinyurl.com/9p8w2ds
It does say Child protective services was called - but I wonder if it wasnt during that divorce time - ridiculous
and there is another claim of dog abuse - which was discussed here, and the dogs have gone to other homes.

truly its sad

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Celebrity Wife Swap Episode: "Kate Gosselin/Kendra Wilkinson"
Season 2, Episode 1
Episode Synopsis: In the second-season opener, mother of eight Kate Gosselin leaves her rigidly ruled home in Pennsylvania and swaps places with former Playboy Playmate Kendra Wilkinson, who lives a laid-back life in Los Angeles. Original Air Date: Feb 26, 2013

link to tvguide.com

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Odd couple. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's so funny because I have always said Kate and Kendra resemble each other. Plus, both of them have been on DWTS. I have to go find that page where they are side by side and you can really see the resemblance.

Found it:

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
If true, it's surprising that uptight Kate would leave her kids with a former Playboy Bunny.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
But it gets her back on TV and that is much more important to her.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mame, it's definitely true. It's on this Tuesday night on ABC, and the ep is described in the tv listings. I know at first glance it seems like something that just can't be true...LOL

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've seen the previews, it's true alright.
I'll watch so I can see the kids. I'll record it so I can FF. LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So how can it be a wife swap when one of the parties is not married, LOL?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just noticed Kate is going to be on the "The View" Tuesday to promote it.I just noticed Kate is going to be on the

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't think either party is married. Kendra is coupled, but I don't think they wed.

Oxies_luv

05-13-2005

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oxies_luv a private message Print Post    
No, Kendra & Hank are married. I believe Hef allowed them to get married at "the mansion"

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep, Kendra and Hank are married.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Ah. Didn't know that, thanks!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Isn't Kate in a relationship with one of her bodyguards?

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
She was on The View, and just popped up on Extra - the ad says its a 3 part show? Kate said that ABC wanted to revitalize the concept, and find someone that was opposite, and of course 1 child LA Lifestyle vs Kate's 8, single mom.

She said she couldnt understand Kendra's way of life - a husband, one child, a nanny, etc - she never ever had just one child.

On Extra there was a tabloid report about it, and she said dont believe everything you read, they(the kids)get a long with Kendra, but like the routine of mom...

The commercial shows Kendra reading the report the kids come downstairs at 6:03am Kendra says not 6am, not 6:05, but 6:03 And Kate reading about the nanny Kendra has....

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche, I don't think Kate is in a relationship with her bodyguard. That rumor was around when she still had her show and was false. Unless it happened afterward? But it seems like we would have heard about it. I wonder if you're thinking of Heidi Klum? She and her husband, Seal, are divorcing and she is with her bodyguard.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Granjan, I guess I was thinking of the rumour.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I watched the show tonight and really enjoyed it. Both Kendra and Kate learned something about themselves although I tend to think that Kendra will act upon it more than Kate will. And I do have to say, Kate did a great job working with Little Hank (what an adorable little boy but get me some scissors, quick! LOL!)

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Egbok said just what I came here to say. They both learned a lot, but Kendra will be more able to act on what she learned. Little Hank is absolutely a living doll, but I agree about the scissors.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the show too. Hank is adorable! I hope Kendra gets something out of the experience, we all know Kate won't change. The kids are changing so much, looking so grown up!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Interesting read from US Magazine:

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/kendra-wilkinson-breaks-down-on-celebrity-wife-swap-husband-hank-baskett-battles-with-kate-gosselin-2013272

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kendra is a doll. I'd hang out with her in a heartbeat. She's clearly spoiled, but seems sweet, loving, and kind. And she was open to change. Not everyone is as humble and willing to admit it. Good for her. :-)

BUT in all fairness, what Kate accomplished with Kendra's little one, was impressive. I have no kids, yet I learned a lot about how to discipline them firmly yet respectfully, if I ever find myself in that situation. Very impressive. She could have a column, or show where she passes parenting tips along.