TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 17, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA: Archive through June 17, 2012 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
a-ha! I knew it. I mean I knew the word "tardy" was too strange to be random. Thanks Hukd! :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 4:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't think Kandi helped her write Tardy for the Party. I think Kim wrote it (in the first season before Kandi was on the show), but Kandi (who came on in the second season) helped her produce and record it and that is where the financial issues came into play with Kim not paying Kandi.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That is also the reason there is so much animosity between Kim and Nene because Nene was supposed to sing on the track with Kim.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
You got me, I can't honestly remember. But I do remember that Nene was supposed to sing on the track, and that definitely is the reason their friendship started breaking up.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Sunday, May 06, 2012 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I don't think Kandi helped her write Tardy for the Party. I think Kim wrote it

I don't think either wrote it. I think Nene had found the song and I think it was a country song.

here is nene talking about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-QT2MjO6Xo

and here

http://www.naijagal.net/2009/09/dont-be-tardy-for-party-was-my-song.html

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 06, 2012 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
You have to read between the lines when it comes to Nene. Kim definitely wrote the song and Nene was supposed to be background vocals and then Kim cut her out and used Kandi. During the first season, Nene was at Kim's house when Kim told her about writing the song and wanting to be a country singer. Big Poppa arranged for Kim to see a vocal coach; however, the vocal coach quickly came to the conclusion that Kim was tone deaf. Then when Kandi came on the show, Kandi's production company "auto-tuned" Kim and recorded the song. Nene has even admitted that the reason she resented Kim was because she had "no talent" and made money off the song. Nene has never accused Kim of stealing the song, just cutting her out of singing on the track.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
((((sigh)))) As much as I like Kim, it will be a miracle if she doesn't drive Kroy into bankruptcy.

Kim Zolciak is Evicted

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Lexie don't know if it's true, but Kim says she made more money than Kroy last year.

They are building a new house that will be done in 4 months. They are living in either her old townhouse or Kroy's house he owned pre Kim now. They were going to buy the house they were renting, but the appraisal came in $1.25 million lower than the asking price so they decided not buy it. The owner was angry and wouldn't extend their lease.

Rumor has it the woman "evicting" Kim is also trying to get on the show.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Frogi, I read that about the sale of the house.

Kroy has a $9 million contract with the Falcons. Kim would have to sell a lot of wigs to make more money than him. I still can't figure out why she needs an assistant when she doesn't have a job, and she already has a nanny.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa no more Sheree

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Kroy has a $9 million contract with the Falcons.

She said that before he signed the new contract and why they rented instead of buying. Previously he made $500K and change a year. It's reported that Kim makes around $750k per year just for the housewives

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm curious how big the new house is. The house they were renting was 18,000 sq. ft. I'm not quite sure why a family of five needs an 18,000 sq. ft. house - but whatever.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Kim said on Twitter the new house is bigger.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I sure hope she doesn't spend Kroy into bankruptcy.

Chere

08-10-2005

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chere a private message Print Post    
She said that before he signed the new contract and why they rented instead of buying. Previously he made $500K and change a year. It's reported that Kim makes around $750k per year just for the housewives

Kroy's salary is his base pay before performance and/or roster bonuses kick in. I'm sure he received a big chunk of money in the signing bonus which is included in the $9 million.

I thought they rented before the contract because there was no guarantee that Kroy would stay with the Falcons.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That's what I thought too, Chere. There was also some uncertainty because of the "lockout." I thought when they had the reunion show season, Kim said they were renting because of the lockout and his contract, but they were finally "closing" on the house.

I think there is more to this than meets the eye. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle of Kim's and Kendra's stories.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I thought they rented before the contract because there was no guarantee

That's what I meant above. He hadn't signed a contract and they weren't going to buy a place in Atlanta if he was going to play for another team

Chere

08-10-2005

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chere a private message Print Post    
I believe the value of Kendra's house came in well under the sale price as Kim said. I also think Kroy sending the letter stating they would terminate the lease was a negotiation ploy. Kim messed up when she had choice words for Kendra in her RHOA and DBTFTW commentaries. Kim doesn't know how to watch her mouth and it's her mouth that got her in this unnecessary drama. In a way, it was a perfect storm for Kendra to retaliate and appear justified in her attack of Kim on twitter and on TMZ. Kim had this coming to her, but she's still one of my favorite HWs.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I cried like a baby when Kroy took out the 2 rings for Kim's daughters at the wedding! She truly found herself a prince charming!

I would have booted my mom too. You came, you saw, you ate, drank and danced....now GTFOH before you cause a scene captured on video forever!

Audie

05-08-2011

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Audie a private message Print Post    
I thought Kim was absolutely correct in booting out her mother. Is her mom an alcoholic or what's her problem? Poor old lady needs her facial skin tightened. She's scary and out of control.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I've never liked Kim's mother. And something about her father totally creeps me out.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I have loved every episode of Don't Be Tardy for the Wedding! Kim seemed to be extremely genuine and she and Kroy appear to be totally in love. She wanted a fancy wedding and was sometimes a little crazy, but it wasn't for wanting to show off, IMO. I actually think these 2 will be together for a long time.

Not "feeling" her oldest daughter though, I think she's too strange acting. Her younger daughter is a doll!

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
I agree with Lexie. To me Kim's mom wants what Kim has. Did anyone else go yuk when Kim's dad kisses her? He tries to kiss her like a lover and not a daughter.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Bombaycat, I felt the same way about the dad and his kisses. I'm sorry, but his doing that, more than once, made me wonder about how appropriate he has been through Kim's life. And, her Mom! It explains so much about Kim's past behaviors.

I also agree with Hukdonreality about really enjoying each of these episodes. I was in tears during the wedding. I think Kim and Kroy make a lovely couple. I hope they are happily together for the rest of their lives.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
When her Dad pulled her veil back and kissed her, I thought it was inappropriately too long. But I also thought he did it on her cheek. Gawd, I sure hope he did!