TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 08, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real HW Beverly Hills: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 08, 2012 users admin

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
What about the hotel in Vegas? Is that owned by Adrienne or her and her brothers? Is it making money?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 3:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
They still own the Palms. I read somewhere that Adrienne and her brothers are worth approximately $300 million.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I posted above about a year ago about a friend of mine who stayed at the Palms. She was booked for the week, but checked out after one night because it was so nasty. She actually found a used condom in her bed (sheets had obviously not been changed). When she complained to the front desk, they didn't seem to care that much. I would never stay there.

And if the Maloofs are worth so much, why did they renig on their arena agreement with the city of Sacramento? They are just flakey. I'm with Kappy. I think they've mismanaged their funds and will file bankruptcy soon.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Oh no, the Maloofs are like other really rich people. Their corporations go bankrupt, but they won't. Only ones who get hurt are other investors and creditors. When LV tanked they just had their percentage of ownership in the Palms go down some. I believe A is worth at least $100 million. I never did figure out why she was on this show, except for her ego.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nobody wants to corporate sponsor the Sacramento Kings this year, cause nobody wants to be associated with the Maloofs. They've ruined their reputation here. Companies that have sponsored them in the past want nothing to do with them this year and are making statements like, "We feel our advertising dollars are better spent elsewhere." The Magoofs are done in this town.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, checked out where you live because of your post and am curious if your town has grown a lot in the past 10 years? I used to live in Colfax, but moved to Green Bay. I miss Colfax and that area sometimes.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, I still haven't forgiven Adrienne for killing the Sacramento Monarchs of the WNBA. She and another Maloof woman were the listed owners when it folded. The entire annual budget of a WNBA team is less than the salary of 2 NBA players. A drop in the bucket for someone like her especially since it lost some money every year, and was a great tax write-off.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, Cricket. This area has grown a ton in the past 10 years, but recession hit us hard too. Lots of foreclosures in the past three years or so, but seems to be coming back now. We lost a lot of our neighbors. Colfax is a beautiful area. I don't blame you for missing it!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Babyjaxmom. Sad that the recession has hit everyone so hard. Hard on a neighborhood when people lose their homes. If we were still living there, we would probably be checking out the Sun City setup in Lincoln.

Redpen, I've never understood how people can go bankrupt in their company, yet their personal wealth isn't touched, just like Trump. It doesn't make sense. I can't believe the Maloofs don't have to back up their business with their own money. The money they make (or did make) from the Sacramento Kings drifted from the business to their personal money so said money should be affected when the business doesn't do well.

So wrong they are still wealthy and are able to claim bankruptcy.

I had a feeling Adrienne and Paul's marriage wasn't the best all last season. Everything he did or said seemed to bother her.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Personally, I was relieved to hear that they were divorcing. I've never got a sense of comradery between the two. When she interacts with him it always seems to be with a sense of disdain. He seemed oblivious to it though thankfully.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 4:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Kyle's daughter Portia is just a doll! So cute! I don't even know what to say about that flower float Adrianne sent to Lisa....but I got the point!! Kim still seems like a hot mess! For some reason Brandi just gets on my nerves. And I like Yolanda so far!

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I give lots of credit to Kim. She has admitted that she has a drinking problem and is trying to turn her life around. I really don't like the way Kyle talks to her. She is very snarky to her sister. Also when Kim was at her other sisters house (can't remember her name) they got along fine until Kyle showed up and she just does what she can to upset Kim. Kyle leave Kim alone!!!!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize this show started up again, when did it air?

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
It is on Monday nights. Kim's other sister is Kathy Hilton, Paris Hilton's mom

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kellsma, I lose track of when things actually air since they repeat so often, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It is on again tonight, so I am watching now. I feel like I missed some shows or something, I don't remember the fight with Lisa and Adrienne, and I don't remember ever seeing Yolanda before. did she just pop in out of the blue this season.

I don't recall seeing her anywhere on the show before.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Dipo- Yolanda is a new housewife. The fight with Lisa and Adrienne was the reunion last season, where Adrienne accused Lisa of selling stories to the tabloids. Lisa has not forgiven Adrienne..but Adrienne hasn't apologized either.

I don't remember what the fight was about regarding the selling of stories..maybe someone here will remember.

Countrydaze- I agree that Kyle was annoying with Kim. Kim trusts her daughter and Kyle is planting seeds of doubt in Kim's mind about her daughter and boyfriend.

Oh Portia is so beautiful and so sweet! I was watching WWHL the other night and Andy said she was the next Milania..and when they went to a bit of footage to show Portia- Kyle whispered "don't say that!!"
Portia is in no way shape or form another Milania..Milania is in a class all by herself. (teresa's daughter on Jersey housewives)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I didn't watch the reunion so that explains why I feel like I missed a show or two, LOL.

I have always felt that Kyle is "sort of evil", I can't explain it, she comes across all sweet and nice but I think she is mean-spirited and likes to get over on everyone, even while she is acting like she is your best friend. I guess maybe she is a "really mean girl". not sure that makes sense because I can't put my finger on it.

Now I do think that Kim is still some what screwed up but I think that Kyle piles on her, maybe Kyle is guilty about what she has done to Kim in the past so can't get past that.

Loved how Portia was saying darling, that cracked me up.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The thing about Kim and Kyle's relationship is that it has had YEARS of bad feelings cause by Kim's substance abuse. Those bad feelings are really hard to get past. It doesn't happen overnight. I have issues with my siblings also, and understand how the tiniest comment can strike a nerve. It takes a long time. I'm willing to give Kyle a pass on her behavior. It is kind of silly that Kim can't leave her kids for an hour or two to come to Portia's party.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I agree Babyjaxmom, it is silly that Kim can't go to the party. But I have always thought that Kim has been weird about her kids, like she won't let them go and live their lives and has to try and be overly involved. Sort of like a helicopter Mom.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
Kim has an unusal dependency on her kids. It like she needs them more than they need her.

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
I think Kim was just using her kids as an excuse to not go to the party, because she is very uncomfortable around Kyle. On the show Kim said she was out of rehab what a month when they filmed this part, so yeah she has a lot of work ahead of her to heal not only within herself but her relationships.

I don't expect Kyle to be able to trust that her sister will stay sober, it's very early in her sobriety... but added with that, you don't sit there and tell the woman that her daughter is going to have sex at prom, and if someone says they don't know if they will make it... leave it at that. I can't imagine Kyle questioning/badgering Lisa or any of the other women like that.

Sorry I used to like Kyle the first season but I think she is constantly catty with a big ol' smile on her face. She causes drama when it isn't necessary, and plays innocent and/or victim.

I loved Lisa's house. My recording was messed up in a few areas so I hope I didn't miss anything major.

Not sure how much of this show I will watch, though from the previews I have to see how Paul not getting in the car is the reason they separated (that's how it came across in the preview LOL)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Iffin I remember correctly about the fight at the reunion, Adrienne accused Lisa of selling stories because Lisa happened to be friends with the publisher of the magazine. Lisa said in her defense that she wouldn't jeopardize a long-term relationship with a friend to sell a story that wasn't true. I just wish I could remember what the story was in the magazine.

There were also hard feelings that Pandora didn't have her bachelorette party at the Palms.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Not a fan of Kyle.

However, just because someone does not drink anymore does not mean that all of the behavior that goes along with alcoholism disappears.

They say that people beginning in recovery are basically starting at the same maturity age they were when their addiction began. Kim still has a lot of maturing left to do.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sibling relationships are complicated. I know in my own family, one of my siblings can strike a nerve with a casual comment that can make my blood boil. They just know where all the buttons are from years of experience. But then again, Kyle is the first one to come to Kim's defense when she feels someone is attacking her (ie Brandi, although Kim and Kyle definitely provoked that fight). It's complicated.

Adrienne needs to apologize to Lisa about the story thing. That was just ridiculous. If your friend flat out tells you she didn't do something, you have to take her word for it or end the friendship. You can't have it both ways. Just ridiculous.