TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 17, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of New York City : ARCHIVES: Archive through October 17, 2012 users admin

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I didn't understand the big fuss over Luann borrowing one of the designer's dresses. The fact that Carole had made the comment about Michelle Obama being worthy of borrowing a dress, but not a person like Luann was IMO an insult, and I would of taken offense as well. I thought designers made clothes for everyone. Apparently this designer can only make clothes for the likes of royalty like Carole and Michelle.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Lex, sometimes we need to be hit over the head to get the point. I wouldn't want to be friends with Aviva but I find myself cutting her slack because look at how her father treats her (talking about how sex partners look like her, etc.) and I don't think she has had the best therapy money can buy. The story of her father telling her to continue screaming is truly telling. I felt like he was telling her to milk it. It was a horrible situation and I think that most parents would be in shock themselves and telling their child to stay calm so the emergency workers can do what they need to do. Scary, indeed, and it's no wonder that she has phobias. I had a crazy upbringing and I have panic attacks about things sometimes and other people think it's pathetic to be worried over something small, so maybe I'm just empathetic to her. I hope that she continues to grow from this experience.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
And about the dress and Michelle Obama. It was offensive. I thought Michelle Obama was supposed to be a regular woman like the rest of us. And, the snooty comment that his dresses wouldn't be in Life & Style.

If he has an issue with it then let him handle it with Luann, it's really none of Carole's business. It's like me taking my friends to another friend's restaurant and then telling them what they can and can't order. That's not my business.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
NY reunion show compared to NJ is like comparing five year girls tea party to the lunch table at juvi hall.

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
I think Carole's point with the Michelle Obama comment was the designer didn't need Luann to wear his dresses for publicity...Michelle Obama wears them. Carole and Luann really didn't know each other very well, and asking a favor of Carole's friend was really very pushy of Luann. Actually, it was a second favor, since she already got a pair of earrings at wholesale price.

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
I agree Prisoner Carole was not being rude or offensive, she was just getting the point across that he is a very accomplished designer already because he does design for Michelle Obama. I got the impression Luanne was saying if you want me to wear any of your clothes in Life and Style I will and Carole was basically letting her know he is already quite accomplished and I agree it was not right for her to ask to borrow anything from a designer that she met through an acquaintance.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
There is nothing i like about Aviva's father, EXCEPT his support when she was trapped in that conveyor belt. We all can have different interpertations of things but I got the impression that he was just being a very very supportive father in that situation and encouraging her to keep yelling was probably the right thing to do in that situation - letting her know it was ok to be crying, be yelling, be letting her emotions out - because by yelling it diverts the attention - be it only somewhat - away from focusing on the pain, the fear, the horror, etc. And it actually can allow someone to calm down faster, at least in my mind, by letting out all that energy versus having them work so hard to stay calm.. yes, he should be staying calm, but the victim doesnt need to be staying calm - in that kind of situation - at least not UNTIL the paramedics are there to take over and need the victim to cooperate to get them out safety... i think maybe the yelling helps so that once the rescue people do need the person to get calm and pay attention, they will be more able to do so...I could not ever fathom that the father would tell her to keep screaming to "milk it".

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I wanted to watch Couples therapy just to see how Alex is doing! Its on VH1, and is controversial this season because of the 51 year old guy marrying the 16 year old girl - the other couple (married to Shane Lamas) keeps taunting him, and the future clips have the women talking about how sexed up the now 17 year old dresses.

Alex is seen crying, and Simon is saying I just love my wife. Last night Alex got between the 2 men to stop them from fighting.

Also on Watch What Happens Live they previewed Jill Zarin coming on to talk one on one with Andy, and the preview showed Jill saying, something like - you fired me Andy, and I didnt get to say goodbye... they also previewed a comment from Jill about Bethenny I believe it says that it will air Oct 15

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Legal, yes, yelling would let out anxiety but her story was that the rescue people asked her to stop yelling so that they could work to get her out and her father told her to keep yelling. Your comments are about a different scenario than what she described so we would agree if the story were your scenario.

Audie

05-08-2011

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Audie a private message Print Post    
I think Carole is a snob, especially with the designer situation. She puts on such a hippy, laid back vibe, but I think she's the worst type of mean girl. She's very adept at hiding her meaness. Nope, I'm liking Carole less and less. Maybe it's all the butt++++ talk but I don't like her.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
I like Carol and am so glad someone finally said what I've been thinking about LuAnn for many seasons now.

The side interviews are being filmed. Nothing on these shows is behind anyone's back and they all know it.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I was a LuAnn fan but now more she is too important in her mind for me. I do find Carol refreshing and I am shocked she would even do this show,now if JFK Jr were alive and especially her hubby were alive she would not dream of reality tv. Ramona is simply a hot mess, I do not understand how she is such a successful business owner.I find her to be loud and obnoxious.

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
I'm watching Jill on WWHL.

She's delusional. Completely delusional.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
What Prisonerno6 said!

Nana

07-24-2004

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nana a private message Print Post    
Jill is one odd Bird..

Granjan

05-10-2011

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I just don't get Aviva at all. She is one strange person.

Wrennez

11-03-2009

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wrennez a private message Print Post    
Whoever said above that Carol is a mean girl I totally agree with. Watch her closely on the reunion, it comes out in spades undercover, definitely passive aggressive. Never been a Luanne fan, but have to say she is right on the money when it comes to Carol attacking her at every chance, and it wasn't only Luanne she was getting her digs in either.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 3:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I recorded WWHL. I'm guessing Jill wants back on the show?

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 4:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Jill should come back on the show. I, dare I say, miss her. Alex should come back as well.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Alex and Simon are in couples rehab

Jill let us know that a lot we see is put forth through the producers.

They sorta throw out stories and if they want to see the cast stir up stuff.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I agree with Wrennez, and I have never particularly seen the attraction of Carole, either intellectually, socially or physically. I don't think her references to what Sonja may or may not have done in the garden were at all necessary.

Luann was picked on, Ramona kept about as low key as she is able, and I find Sonja a very interesting, kind person. The right couch is definitely the group I would want to hang out with.

Aviva I would completely steer clear of and Heather is mellowing and is getting prettier.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I get the impression that Andy isn't fond of Ramona. He doesn't seem to have any patience for her. I notice Andy is a pot stirrer when it comes to Ramona's questionable drinking habits. Every reunion season he brings up her drinking. I'm kind of glad Ramona told him off.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I so agree with everything Chitchat58 stated above. For me, what solidified my feelings about what was going on was when the other housewives said they did not believe Ramona has a drinking problem. Leave it alone, Andy.

Personally, I would like to see, with the exception of Aviva, all of the housewives back next season. I think they are all interesting in their own way.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I was not impressed with Jill's appearance on WWHL. How dare anyone fire her!! She cannot be replaced! OK. Did it. Replaced. Moving on.

Her whining about how Bravo, Andy, and others favored Bethenny over her was very unbecoming. They picked sides, they gave Bethenny her own show, they involved her [Bethenny] in some of the more recent castings, and on and on it went. Oh, and how dare Andy allow Bethenny to sit next to him at reunion. What???

Her comments reminded me of a seriously jealous sibling complaining to a parent. Bitter much? Move on. Maybe get some counseling. Be happy.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 4:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
I tried to watch Jill on WWHL but I had to mute her. Broken records say more than she did.

I'm glad the ladies stuck up for Ramona regarding her drinking. I'd liked to see all the ladies back next season but Aviva.