TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 12, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of New York City : ARCHIVES: Archive through September 12, 2012 users admin

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I was blown away by Aviva tonight and her expecting all the women to rush to her husband and thank him. It's HER problem that made him have to come with her. She expected a party? What?

She may have gone to Vassar but she has a screw loose. I feel sorry for her sometimes, but she's just over the top with her fears and expecting everyone to cater to her and her husband.

I saw the smirk on Luann's face after she said what she did and the fight got started and yes, Ramona was right. I thought maybe Luann did it because they gave her such a hard time about that guy.

When Luann comes up and says is everything okay and looks at Ramona, she says: "Oh yeah, I worked it all out."

Then on camera she says:

If I do something wrong, I own up to it. If I do something that's not wrong, I'm not saying I'm sorry...uh uh.

Unless of course Aviva gets off the plane, is traumatized and acts like a crazy lunatic, then of course I just say I'm sorry to calm her a*s down.

O.M.G...I should not watch this show as I'm trying to go to sleep. That made laugh so hard, I'm wide awake. Ramona might be hard to be around at times, but she always cracks me up.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 3:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I agree with all of the above. Ramona usually steps in it, but last night I agreed with her and Sonja. They were not obligated to thank Reid. And I still can't get over how Aviva expected them to throw a party for her.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 3:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
And Aviva's crack about Rush Limbaugh was a little over the top.

That really irked me. Chieko. It came across to me that she felt there was nothing wrong with Rush calling a 23 year old girl a wh_re and then saying it was a poor choice of words. She thought it was funny.

I loved it after she told Carole and LuAnn that when she's angry, she's relentless (like it's a good thing). Carole replied, "that's not a good quality." Atta girl, Carole! I agree with all of your posts about Aviva and LuAnn. Cricket, Ramona made me laugh with that comment too!

Csnog

07-18-2002

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
I thought I had stumbled into Jersey Shore last night.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Agree, agree, agree with all the above. Unbelievable! Aviva and Luann can just leave, I'm really sick of both of them. Usually it's Ramona that I can't stand, but tonight she was more correct than them. Was Aviva drunk or what? She was completely irrational. (Usually Ramona's job.) And Luann, she really topped herself tonight.
I love Carole.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I have it DVR'd and can't wait to watch it later! I love Carole too. I know she doesn't create the drama that the Bravo people want, but her one liner zingers on the show and especially in her confessionals make me (honestly) laugh right out loud!

Why did Aviva come across as nice and kind for the first bunch of episodes and now she's like this? I wonder what happened to her. Or maybe the first episodes were all her being phoney?

Susieqok

07-20-2010

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Susieqok a private message Print Post    
Or Hukdonreality is she making sure she is asked back...?

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Good point Susieqok? I guess if she was a "student" of the housewives shows, she knows she has to bring the drama! I can't quite figure out how she and Bethenny know each other thought. What could they possibly have in common?

Susieqok

07-20-2010

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Susieqok a private message Print Post    
Didn't know they knew each other, I missed that. I just find it odd that she was very rational at the start and then toward the end she keeps stirring things up and going off. Just in the back of my mind seems a little planned.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And I don't mean to sound insensitive, but I'm over Aviva not being able to do anything without Reid because of her phobias. She sure doesn't have a problem riding in the elevator to her penthouse apartment in Florida.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
WOW... I was just reading the Bravo blogs and Heather actually stuck up for Ramona and Sonja!

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Susieqok, I read somewhere (maybe in this thread) that it was Bethenny who introducted Aviva to the people at Bravo and thought she'd be a good fit.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Lexie_girl, all the gals were tired and had a long day, so Heather was taken aback at Aviva expecting a party.

Cindylouwho

01-27-2009

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cindylouwho a private message Print Post    
Wow. Just wow. Everything that came out of Aviva's mouth shocked me more than the last. Completely irrational. Who does she think she is that everyone should bow down to her husband and throw a party for her showing up? In my opinion she basks in her insecurities and her phobias for attention. An episode where Ramona makes sense is frightening. I actually enjoy Ramona at times. And of course, still love Carole. Felt sorry for her though, having to babysit and referee.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Gosh, darn it, I didn't realize until now that it is Aviva's world and everyone else is just living in it. And, all those living in it had just better shape up!

When this season began, I liked Aviva and thought she would be a pleasant friend to be around. Wow, was I ever wrong. She has, in a relatively short time span, scolded or yelled at almost every single "housewife" about one thing or another. She has very quickly become my second to least favorite housewife. LuAnn still holds the title; but, Aviva is quickly gainly ground.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Regardless of the other housewives, Aviva was SO out of line about expecting huge praise for coming. You came, be proud of yourself, but dont demand the spotlight. That is NOT how real friends act either.

Oh wait, demand the spotlight? i forgot this is Bravo....:-)

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Here is an interview with Aviva.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/real-housewives-of-new-yorks-aviva-drescher-im-not-speaking-to-ramona-singer-and-her-puppet-sonja-morgan-201249

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 5:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Thanks for posting the video. The video kept buffering for me so at first I thought she was saying "girl strip" and I kept wondering what I had missed. Then I realized she was saying "girl trip". LOL!

How old is Aviva? She does not have one wrinkle or sag. Even with work done, she must really, really maintain it.

If she came on the show to advance awareness of how amputees can live normal lives, I respect that but she really should have watched some of the HW shows before she came on. And she keeps saying "friends"...it comes off that she was told that was the premise of the show. It just annoys me because I find it insulting that she thinks the viewers believe they are just a normal group of people who have known each other for a long time and are friends.

If she had watched the show before she would have known there are trips that involve getting on an airplane. I understand if she has to travel with her husband but she should have made arrangements for them to stay at a hotel or at least him to stay at a hotel. Or does she have a fear of staying at a hotel by herself : - )too? Carole's boyfriend is not staying at the rental with them. So I guess the whole thing of Reid staying there was production's way of stirring things up. Again, if she was familiar with the show, she would have known and refused to have him stay there.

Saying she does not call people names and then calling Sonja a puppet made me laugh.

So who do you think will return next year? I think Heather will return just to promote her work, but not sure Carole and Aviva will be back. I am annoyed with myself for giving this show so much thought : - )

Chieko

11-20-2003

Friday, September 07, 2012 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Aviva's words from the video in the link above.

What was behind those words was tremendous hurt and disappointment in these women that I thought were my friends and ultimately set me up to fail."

What is she talking about? How did anyone set her up to fail?

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/real-housewives-of-new-yorks-aviva-drescher-im-not-speaking-to-ramona-singer-and-her-puppet-sonja-morgan-201249#ixzz25nVifJjg

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Friday, September 07, 2012 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Chieko- I have no idea why she said that.

Someone mentioned something about Aviva's skin and no wrinkles. This before and after shows their real skin.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/before-they-were-real-housewives-201278/24215

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
I stopped watching this show this year, but after hearing about St. Barths I had to watch the last two episodes OnDemand.

Oh, LuAnn...pants on fire!

And Aviva needs to grow a pair...

I still like Ramona. She's a nut bag, but she's an honest nut bag.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, September 10, 2012 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Aviva really got on my nerves during the St. Bart's vaca.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Carole totally has won me over - and i like her interactions with Heather... yes its tv but i dont see anything fake about their dialogue - at least between each other.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 3:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Last night I was able to watch Monday's show. OMG Aviva - she wanted a banner???

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 5:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Avivia is very full of herself and a true pot stirrer.