TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 17, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: The Real Housewives of New Jersey: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 17, 2012 users admin

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Monday, September 10, 2012 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
Is she still on Sirius? I wondered what happened with her local radio show, they didn't show her on that at all this season.

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Monday, September 10, 2012 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
I had fun watching Kathy's family touring the college, family time without drama :-) It reminded me that we will be doing the same with our son soon.

I think it is sad that Dina chose to go on the show as I agree it looks catty. She made a big deal about not doing it anymore yet here she is.

I just don't understand why they all can do the same things (talk about family, spoil kids, promote a product) but it's only acceptable for some to do it. I don't just mean comments we the viewers make but even the ladies themselves.. it's like the ladies on the show are clueless.

I think Teresa found a way to make sure she is the hot topic as a way to keep the money coming in, I get it. I just don't like when people do things and then call out that they are the victim (magazine articles, talking smack about people). As I posted before I have someone in my life that I have distanced from because they behave the same way. I am at the point where my only response to the person is "well, make a change and do something about it".

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Monday, September 10, 2012 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Dina was a favorite for me during Season 1. I have missed her ever since. I had hoped she would come back some day.

Be careful what you wish for. Catty, mean, shameful. It doesn't really matter what any of us think of Caroline or Teresa. But, family is/should be different. Dina may very well regret one day her words and actions. Had my sister done this, I think I would have a very hard time ever forgiving her. Perhaps that is what Dina wants. If so, so be it. As for me, a viewer, my respect and admiration of Dina has taken a serious dive.

The poll question last night on WWHL was "Who's side are you on now: Teresa or Caroline?" Results: Teresa = 38%, Caroline = 62%. Because Teresa was there live on WWHL, the more negative spin of Caroline this year, and the many posts I have read of people really not liking her, I was very surprised by the poll results. I wonder what impact last night's episode with Dina/Teresa had on producing those numbers.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, September 10, 2012 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I searched on the Sirius site for a listing for the "Caroline Manzo" show and found nothing so I sent them an email to inquire as to which station it was on. All that search did was to make me now want to upgrade so I can get Oprah's channel.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, September 10, 2012 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I was very sorry to see Dina come back in this way. It seemed mean.

Teresa really has big problems at home, but I guess she's made money with her cookbooks and Fabulini brand, so I guess she feels successful and doesn't care about the rest of the people on the show. Constantly fighting with everyone is tedious and off putting.

Caroline's show on Sirius was awful.

I don't know what to make of any of them anymore. It's all so confusing. Nothing seems real except the Rich/Kathy college visit.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, September 10, 2012 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
It is amazing how some people just get stuff handed to them.
Caroline has probably not had the rough life like women like my late Grandmother whose father died in a mining accident as well as both of her husbands. Granted they are not of the same generation but I don't know that CM was that unusual other than to be 1 of 11 children.

My Grandmother was pregnant with her 6th child when her first husband died in a mining accident that today would not have been fatal. She lived in a coal company owned house until she was able to purchase it and did not have indoor plumbing for most of that time.
When my Mother speaks of this coal mining community she says that anything that has happened in this world be it good or bad happened in this community. So I just imagine the tales that could be told.

Serate

08-21-2001

Monday, September 10, 2012 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Holing on to anger makes you ugly.

So THAT is what is Caroline's problem?!!!!!

I too don't understand why Dina was on, BUT it could because Caroline is blaming all the problems between them on Teresa, and it's not so. Coming on the show, saying what she did, makes me believe that it is true, it is NOT Teresa that came between the sisters. Still it was catty, and the reason Dina said she left the show was because of all the bad energy and cattiness is bad energy. And part of me wonders if Caroline publicly at least is saying all this is Teresa's fault, so in the future if she and Dina make up then it's on Teresa, not Caroline or Dina.

Melissa OMG I never thought I'd say this but I actually LIKED her last night. Sticking up for Teresa, calling Caroline out on being the victim and not letting it go. I'm not a fan of Juicy Joe, but he did have a point. Caroline wasn't letting it go. Teresa even walked away and Caroline said something to reel her back in.

The radio show. HOW FUNNY!!!!!!!! As far as the local show, that didn't last too long. I think after that is when I really started disliking Caroline because the better than you, more knowledgable than you attitude greatly increased if I remember correctly.

I love love LOVE Gabriella. I wonder where Gia and Audriana were. Audriana being too young probably, but I'd think Gia would like something like this. Unless she didn't want to hang with little girls, or didn't want to be on TV.

It looked to me like Kathy's son was embarrased about how he talked at the college. Don't blame him.

Jaq? I got nothing.

Serate

08-21-2001

Monday, September 10, 2012 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
She will stay dizzy as long as she's married to Joe and is under major stress.

But it's NOT Joe's fault. It's because "Caroline hurted me."

Serate

08-21-2001

Monday, September 10, 2012 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
I recorded last season' reunion so I can watch it after the episode that caused Jaq not to appear on it. Why does it not surprise me Posh and the Kims were involved.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, September 10, 2012 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Serate said:
Holding on to anger makes you ugly.

So THAT is what is Caroline's problem?!!!!!

Serate shoots.......and scores.

Serate

08-21-2001

Monday, September 10, 2012 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
I have to agree with Perez that just listening to Melissa's song it wasn't half bad. MUCH better than On Display. But watching it was not good.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, September 10, 2012 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I thought Melissa's song was pretty good. Much better than On Display.

Serate, Gia NEVER misses a chance to be on TV. LOL

Marameko, Caroline was on Sirius radio a year ago when this was taped (and it was probably a one-shot deal). I'd be surprised if she was brought back. Bravo probably arranged for her to do the radio show.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, September 10, 2012 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I thought when Teresa was trying to explain why she hadn't invited Jacqueline to her Fabulini party it pretty much validated the way Caroline had felt. Caroline has said she is done with Teresa and is not going to pursue the relationship anymore and has been slammed for her attitude but here you had Jacqueline who had tried very hard to make up with Teresa (what had she ever really done to her in the first place?) and Teresa in an interview scene says "and with Jacqueline, I decided not to invite her because she hurted me for no reason. I definitely don't hold grudges, I'll just never be the same. This is the thing, you can't stab somebody and try to bring them back to life. It is too late then. The person is dead."

Jacqueline should have followed Caroline's lead and not groveled. Teresa isn't worth it.
I have had friends like Teresa before, they don't understand the concept of true friendship. They flit from BFF to Bff, never able to hang on to a solid relationship. As long as they have one strong friend at a time, it is all they need or can handle.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, September 10, 2012 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lexie..... I have been off line for hours and I forgot about the email to Sirius.......

Serate

08-21-2001

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Jac on Anderson Live this morning, talking about the lil one's Autism - sorry can't remember his name and all they called him was "your son" or "our son". He was diagnosed in April but they kept it out of the show until they had an actual diagnosis and treatment plan in place. The co-host - no idea who, I came in at the end of the show and didn't know her - asked if "the ladies" have been supportive, and Jac said most of them. Anderson asked who hasn't, and she said WHO, then made a T with her hands? Anderson came out and asked if Teresa had been supportive, and Jac paused, kept looking around, Oh is that coffee, took a drink, Anderson said is that really true, and Jac then said let's talk about something else. So reluctantly they changed the subject back to the autism. They talk about it for awhile, then the co-host starts giving props for Jac bringing the autism to the forefront. Then puts her hands in a T while saying "and not letting other people's negativity affect you from focusing on your son."

Chris came out later and they kept discussing Autism.

Anderson tried to push her into saying if she was coming back on the show or not but all Jac would say was wait and see. Chris finally said that while they hadn't made up their minds, it would be a good forum to promote Autism awareness and that probably in it's own would make their decision.

For some reason I figured this show was over. And as much as I wish it were, I will still watch it. It drags me in.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
I read somewhere on line that Dina said she only went with T to the event to give her support. And she didn't mean any comments as a slur on her relatives.

Then I read where the Manzo kids were trashing Dina for appearing on the show.

This family is fighting with each other over what? Stuff some ditzy friend says? And they air it in front of America? They all need counseling, starting with Caroline.

I hope this show doesn't come back.

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
Dina could have gone to the event and shown T support without wearing a mic and agreeing to film. That doesn't fly with me, she chose to do it.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Spot on, Misty. I totally agree.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
I agree, but she seems to be doing damage-control now.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
"she didn't mean any comments as a slur on her relatives"

Her comment about blood not being thicker than water was a slur to her family. You don't side in public with someone who has gone against your family. Like Misty said, go to the opening, fine but don't wear a mike and imply you are taking one side over the other. At least 7 of her family members are on the show and she isn't seen with any of them but she will allow herself to be seen supporting Teresa. I think it was wrong. I wonder if the friction between Caroline and Dina might stem from the fact that their husbands work together in the same family business and things might not be going smoothly there.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I still have absolutely no sympathy for Caroline.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, September 13, 2012 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Very disloyal of Dina, she should keep the family dirty laundry within the family.I could not imagine Albert Sr having to work with his brother and tolerate this contrived "stuff" from a reality tv show. The irony is that this is supposed to be"reality" tv and producers set up scenes to force folks together.In the real world the Guidice's would not have been on that trip to Napa.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, September 13, 2012 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I guess I see things a little differently. As much as I love my two sisters, being around them can be very stressful. I have girlfriends that I'm much closer to than my sisters. It doesn't mean I love my sisters any less, but I do choose to spend Thanksgiving and certain other holidays and events with my friends. Now that being said, I most certainly wouldn't go on TV and trash my sisters.

One of the girls I work with has literally cut herself off from her brothers and sisters because they were so dysfunctional and she couldn't tolerate their toxic behavior while she was trying to raise her own family. And Caroline and Dina are from a family of 11 siblings. There is no way each and every sibling is going to get along with each other. Dina may love Caroline, but she feels closer to Teresa. I "get" that.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, September 13, 2012 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Now I do agree in the real world, the Guidices would have NEVER been on that trip to Napa.

Susieqok

07-20-2010

Monday, September 17, 2012 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Susieqok a private message Print Post    
I may be off can someone help, I watched a episode that shows all at the Posh show and a guy coming up to table with all there and asking Melissa if he remembers him? (he said she use to dance at his club) was this an old episode or new? I am so confused, I watch this here and there but thought that was old news about her dancing. so wondering if I was watching a rerun and thought it was current.