TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 27, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: The Real Housewives of New Jersey: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 27, 2012 users admin

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks # 1jet, just as I thought. I have never been to the Brownstone but a cousin's wedding reception was at another New Jersey establishment called "The Mansion" if I am remembering correctly. It was also the same place well Allen Iverson also had his wedding reception.

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
Theresa's blog is up on Bravo. It is interesting. There is mention of a "mistress" in it as well. I read it on my phone i want to read it again on a bigger screen. But it is interesting.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Mictay ~ I think we're all shocked at the way Caroline treats her daughter this season. It was brought up once before when she talked about her weight.

I just don't know about Caroline. For someone who's supposedly so happy, she has some issues. I really can't watch next week since it looks like another lecture from her.

As for Teresa's blog, let me see if I can translate what I think she actually meant when she used the word "mistress" . . . Some guys might look really good as husband material (wearing nice suits and talking all proper and nice to their wives) but they're the ones who are more likely to have mistresses on the side. (I couldn't help but picture Trump as I read that comment.) Tre feels lucky to have a slob even if he don't speak too good because he's less likely to stray. That may not be true but she believes it. What are yah gonna do?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 3:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
So, according to Teresa, a man that wears a suit is more likely to stray than a husband who is an alcoholic, has four screaming children at home, a wife that has spent him into bankruptcy oblivions, AND is facing five years in jail?

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 5:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Pretty much sums it up....delusional.

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
Ok, so I have thoughts come to mind at odd times. As I was doing dishes I thought about the preview for this weeks show, I watched one of the video's on bravo so maybe that's where I saw this particular moment... so I won't go into details, just in case. A comment was made and I thought "maybe this will be a great spot where one lady can say "that's exactly how I felt when you did X". And maybe the other person would be "wow, I get it now". Sadly, I know this won't happen.

The other thing that popped into my mind was the whole comment in the book thing between Teresa and Caroline. I was sitting here thinking about my family heritage, and how I would feel if someone made a comment (not even published it but just stated it) about me "Only" being a % of anything. I would be pretty ticked, so if then they added comments about my kids, that would send me over the edge.

Yep, anyway, nothing important but those two things popped into my head today LOL.

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
According to my tv schedule Caroline and Teresa are going to be on WWHL tonight. This should be very interesting.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
A big problem that these ladies have is when someone says or does something that the other one does not like, instead of going to the person, they go to everyone else and talk about it. How about if Caroline had gone to Teresa first it would not have gotten so out of hand. They all do it. The same for when Kathy remarked about the recipe being her mothers and Teresa got mad, Teresa should have just talked it over with Kathy. Instead they all gang up together on one person. I can see why Caroline was upset about something said about her kids, but in the long run I can't stand the boys, (I do like her daughter) and Caroline is the biggest trouble maker of all and quite the bully.

1jetsfan

07-21-2010

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 1jetsfan a private message Print Post    
Hi again Marameko--- your friend most likely went to The Manor. That is located on a much larger property than The Brownstone and bit fancier. Wonderful food there also, but pricier than The Brownstone.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Wow, Tre is such a liar. :-(

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I am watching the show now and I wish Caroline would stick a sock in it. She is a mean, nasty bully and I just had to turn the show off. She can't even get along with her own family and she is mean to her daughter and she is telling Teresa how awful she is. Sorry, but I am sick and tired of the gang up on Teresa. They will never cut her a break, ever.

Whew, well I got that off my chest.....

Roblover

05-17-2011

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Teresa is not blameless at all but that argument shown tonight was all started by Caroline. Teresa is blaming Kathy for bringing it up at all but Caroline could have ignored it. I wonder if Caroline had a little too much to drink?

IMO, Caroline really did come across as being jealous that Teresa and her family were getting along. Even to the point after the argument she reminded Melissa and Kathy that Teresa used to say bad things about them. Why say that to someone if you weren't trying to cause trouble?

It seemed like Caroline was just pushing Teresa's buttons tonight in hopes of getting Teresa to act crazy. There was no talking to Caroline because she would just say "I don't believe you." So why is she even bothering to talk to Teresa then? Nothing Teresa said made any difference. I have always had a lot of respect for Dina and if she is sticking up for Teresa, it makes me wonder what is going on.

Teresa does lie to others but mostly to herself. She had a very bad year and has a rotten husband. Real friends would just cut her a break. If you can't stand her because she does lie, then just don't be her friend. Caroline and Teresa were friends for years. What has changed? I can't believe Teresa all of a sudden became delusional. Why call her out at the end of a vacation in front of everyone who was getting along?

Maybe after I watch tonight's show again, I will feel differently but the above is my impression after watching it the first time.

I got a kick out of how the men handled the situation when they were disagreeing. Reminded me of so many past workplace situations where men would get angry with each other, yell a little, and then forget it while most times the women would stew and stew and talk and talk and still not forget.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Country and Rob, I'm with you two! First of all, if they could hear Teresa and Kathy's conversation and purposely didn't let them know they could hear them, that was rude and immature eavesdropping.

Caroline DID ruin what seemed to be a very nice, and healing vacation. I was very pleased that Joe and Melissa kept out of it and then left with Teresa and Joe as a show of support. Kathy coming to the room showed that she didn't like how it all went down either. I think she had good intentions talking to Teresa, but all it did was to get Caroline going on her ridiculous rampage.

Caroline really does appear to have an issue with Teresa making up with Jacqueline, Melissa, and (somewhat)with Kathy. And Teresa and Caroline's sister Dina are friends.

I missed the after show but have it set to record after the episode of RHONJ repeat is over at 1 a.m. I'll watch that tomorrow.

Caroline is even physically getting ugly as this season progresses. She needs to get off the show.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Oh, and maybe it's mean of me (but I don't care), but I'm GLAD Caroline went into that hotel room and "sobbed her eyes out" and "had a complete mental breakdown". It would seem to me that if she finally got to yell at Teresa about everything she's held in all this time, she'd be gloating. Hmmm... maybe she didn't like that she was in this argument all alone. Melissa and Kathy kept out of it, and real or otherwise, Jacqueline slept through it

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I caught the very end where Melissa is going out the door and saying something to the effect of "I think they're drunk and everyone has gone crazy". LOL!

Granjan

05-10-2011

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I don't understand why Kathy had to bring the subject up with Teresa at that time. Things were going as smoothly as they possibly could. Why start something? I really wonder about her motives....to try to "up" her position with the others? Kudos to Joe, for once, for having the sense to initiate their leaving. And good for Joe and Melissa to show support. I'm really pretty tired of the Manzos, all of them.

1jetsfan

07-21-2010

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 1jetsfan a private message Print Post    
Granjan, I think Kathy was 'directed' to bring up the subject by producers/directors, no doubt. Things were going too nicely. It's all about the fighting and the ratings for BRAVO!!

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Watching the last view episodes I noticed that Caroline and Kathy are instigators. WHen they were camping on the beach after Melissa and Teresa talked..Kathy asked her if she thought it was real or something like that..and Melissa said yes..but it was the way Kathy said it..like she was hoping Melissa would say no. The hot tub was also not the place to bring that stuff up when everyone was sitting there with them. (they all got out)

Caroline questioning Jacqueline in the camper about her talk with Teresa...I think she was waiting to pounce on anything..and then Chris stopped it. We have all seen her with Kathy egging her on.

These are women that should have become wiser. Caroline used to be my favorite the first season, but not anymore! What she said and how she said it was seething and cruel. She is merciless and her head has gotten so huge because of the first season. She was so mean..I would never treat someone like that. It's not healthy.
I think Teresa is not perfect in anyway. I think she is oblivious. I have a friend like her, but she is a very kind friend, just not all there.

If I were Dina and watching that- I would side with Teresa. Teresa apologized to Caroline..many times. Caroline won't accept it.

I have a sister who was treating somebody I knew very badly..I sided with the friend. I am not going to stand up for my sister just because she is my sister when she is mistreating someone. What's wrong is wrong!

I also don't know why these people get so upset over a smut magazine publishing this garbage. I have to wonder if Bravo or whoever does the shows has some intermingling with that magazine.(what am I saying..of course they do!) They kept showing the mag and the whole season was surrounding the mag. Even celebrities have come out and said they were quoted as saying something and they never did say it. The only magazine I would semi trust is People magazine.

I am really sick of the Manzo family. Caroline is a bully and a hypocrit. She denies being a bully but she showed her true colors last night. If this is what menopause does, then Caroline needs to get herself some hormones.

I also hate the way she treats her daughter..she has scarred her for life whether she realizes it or not.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Well said, Ruby! Bravo seems intent on shoving the Manzos down our throats. I turn it off whenever they're on now.

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
I stayed up to watch WWHL and it didn't add a whole lot other than Caroline saying she didn't like herself very much. I will have to watch this again to absorb it all--watching it at 10:00 at night is way past my bedtime but i wasnt going to miss it. Did anyone else get anything from WWHL?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks #1 it was my cousin who know lives in Tampa. My Mom refers to the event as "THE" wedding in this family !

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Shelb: You are right most of WWHL was Caroline saying she didn't like herself this season. However, Teresa did get a dig in hinting at Caroline's husband infidelity. Teresa may not be the sharpest pencil in the box but she will fight dirty if you start it. Even Andy kept asking Caroline what could Teresa say that would be acceptable to you?

I really think the reason everyone was so quiet at the hot tub scene other than Caroline's daughter, who desperately wants her mother to love her, was because they all knew that Caroline was baiting Teresa.

It makes me laugh to watch them accuse Teresa for doing the magazines for money because they ALL are on the show for the same reason.

I thought during the actual show Teresa was trying to chose her words carefully but Caroline just kept pushing her buttons trying to excite her. Which of the men said "You need to get your wife out of there" to Joe? Was it Joe, the brother? Or Chris?

I understand it would be upsetting to have Teresa act one way when the cameras are off and another when they are on, and her overuse of the "I love you" comments, however I cannot believe she has had had a total personality change since starting the show. They knew how she was before. Her undesirable personality traits may be exaggerated with fame and the enormous strain she is under trying to keep her home/family together but once again, I think this is where real friends would take into consideration what she is going through, and either overlook her actions/words or handle the situation differently. Caroline telling things now that Teresa told her in private, as a friend, about Kathy and Melissa cannot be interpreted as anything other than low and an attempt to keep them angry at her.

I viewed Caroline's "sobbing" behind the closed door as very passive/aggressive. We never saw her crying so we don't know if there were real tears or not. She may have been crying for real but I think if she was then it was because her plan did not work and she realized she made herself look very bad.

I do wonder about the timeline. Was the cookbook just published before this vacation?

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
I did not like it when Caroline called Teresa a sociopath. Do you guys remember when Dina called Danielle a sociopath? She was right! But Teresa is not at all a sociopath. If Dina knew Danielle was one, don't you think she would recognize if Teresa was one? She would not be friends with Teresa that's for sure.
That was not nice of Caroline. She is a bitter woman!
A good book for anyone to read is "the sociopath next door." They are scary people. I know- my son dated one once.

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
It is very interesting that we can all watch the same show and come away with differing opinions.

I have a friend, well at this point a neighbor, that reminds me a lot of Teresa in some aspects. She is a sweet and loving person, but is oblivious of how she puts herself in the role of victim. When she is upset with someone she trashes them, and expects friends to side with her. If you try to be supportive and help with something that's wonderful but if you point out different options or suggest that she may be making a mistake or in the wrong even a little you are accused of "giving her the cold shoulder". I think this is a part of why I view Teresa differently than it seems a large number of viewers.

I think they all probably had too much to drink, I think Kathy and Teresa both had to know that they were being overheard and both decided to keep the conversation going. I think Bravo plays a big role in a lot of the fights, as well as the women having conversations about another conversation they weren't around for. I found it interesting that Joe suggested Jaq was stupid for not taking the money to write an article about Teresa. I think Melissa was smart to not get involved in the conversation.

I don't see how Caroline was a bully, the conversation was about her, at what point do others think she is allowed to step in and say something? As for her breaking down, I have had moments where so much has built up and when I finally burst I just breakdown afterwards because that pressure has been released. Am I proud of those explosions, no, they happen and I have to work on talking about things as they happen rather than holding it in.

Things I find interesting: Joe and Melissa leave with them, yet Teresa only mentions her brother supporting her.

Teresa says sticking by family is important, but in the previews has a huge grin on her face with Dina says something about Caroline. Dina says she doesn't want to take part in the show, yet will be on an episode.

Apparently no parents other than Caroline and myself have ever said their kids were acting like turds etc. Is it something I am proud of, no but I don't deny doing it.

I have to remind myself when watching these shows that only snippets of conversations and lives are shown. I think about what someone could air from my life and what people could think of me.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Call me crazy, but something is fishy about this whole Caroline/Teresa storyline. Great drama. Everyone is talking about the two of them, and watching the show. Fabulous news for Bravo.

Last week we had the vineyard drama, which did not leave a good impression of either Joe or Teresa. In the end, we had the dramatic previews to this week's fight.

Then this week, big fight happens - with most of it making no sense. In the end, we are left with Caroline supposedly in tears and Teresa and Joe leaving at the same time as Melissa and Joe = according to them, as a show of solidarity along with comments about always backing your family. (Those magical and amazingly well timed plane reservation changes either defy logic or truly were an amazing coincidence.)

What's the last thing we are shown? Why the dramatic commerical for next week which has Dina (who has not shown her face on this show in how many years?) and Teresa, arm in arm, with comments of: "Blood is thicker than water." and "Not always".

Yes, indeedy, imho, something is not on the up and up in what we are being shown.