TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 16, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: General Discussion (Various Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through August 16, 2012 users admin

Fayc

01-16-2010

Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 5:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fayc a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching "Small Town Security" on AMC, I'm hooked, and I was sure I was tired of reality shows.

Kawilke

05-12-2011

Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kawilke a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching "Small Town Security" on AMC, I'm hooked, and I was sure I was tired of reality shows.
It's like not being able to look away from a car crash. Where did they find these people?

Fayc

01-16-2010

Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fayc a private message Print Post    
Not sure, But I think I'm in love. lol

Sammi

03-31-2008

Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
Who will watch the new show on TLC "Here comes Honey BOO BOO"? She has got to be one of the most obnoxious child I have ever laid eyes on. Her family doesn't look too swift either. Anybody plan on watching this monstrosity?

Fayc

01-16-2010

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fayc a private message Print Post    
Not me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I couldn't even imagine what a Honey Boo Boo is, so I just looked at the preview video. Ummm, I think I am skipping this one.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
That family was totally obnoxious when I watched the Toddler show. I saw her early on and it seemed like she wasn't up to par with the regulars. Then I watched another time and there she was as one of the top girls. She looks like a different kid when she's all made up. I wish they wouldn't glamorize this stuff or even .... not glamorize it but give one or two kids extra attention with their own shows. I think the kid acts bratty and they're just encouraging it.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
OMG I watched Small Town Security the other night. I laughed so hard at the "stick" and what they did to Neil that I almost ended up like the chief.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
TLC has a show called Abby and Brittany coming up at the end of the month (the 28th, after a new 19 Kids and Counting) about the Hensel sisters- 22 year old conjoined twins. I've seen a couple of shows about these women before, so it could be interesting..

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Really? Cool! I guess one of them is engaged now. Kinda hard to even "go there" when thinking of the logistics of that. I'll be watching that one, thanks Wilson!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I was flipping channels and happened across Honey Boo Boo tonight. What a disaster that family is. Honey got a baby teacup pig, one of her sisters is pregnant, and her mother brought in a etiquette coach for Honey and Pumpkin (a sister) and it was down right sad. Honey needs better manners for the pageants. Where do they find these people? And why give them their own TV show? Gross.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Holy cow...Joe Schmo is coming back next year!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/14/spike-joe-schmo/

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ha ha! I loved that show! Well, I loved the first season with Matt. The second season wasn't so great.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
my fav (short lived reality show)ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Joe Schmo season 1 was a blast. I hope they are able to recapture the magic!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
:-)!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
We even have Joe Schmo on DVD! This was our introduction to Kristin Wiig ("Dr Pat").
Wonder what type of reality show they are going to spoof this time.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kona, the article says this:

In this version, the contestant believes he is on a new reality show looking for America’s next great bounty hunter. His castmates are collection of reality TV clichés — including Lorenzo Lamas, playing himself. The “Joe” will face bounty hunting-related challenges like learning how to defuse a “bomb” and interrogating a hostile witness, not knowing everybody else on the show is in on the joke.

Sammi

03-31-2008

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch the show that all the women moved out of town for a week. They are at some resort having a grand old time for themselves. All the men of the town are dealing with the kiddies, housework, beauty pageants, etc.. The hour seem to go by real quick. I thought it was going to be a one time show but it's on again next week. Guess it's going to be a summer series. Hate to admit it but I kinda liked it.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Naja-And the thing is, in this day and age that kind of reality show is totally feasible, especially on a network like Spike, so it didn't raise any red flags..

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Sammi, are you talking about "The Week the Women Left". Unless they redid an American version, this was filmed in Hardisty, Alberta about 4 years ago. I didn't mind it but by the end was thinking it could have done with half the number of episodes. There was also a season 2 filmed in the maritimes (the town escapes me), I can't remember whether or not I watched it (LOL So not too memorable).

Bowl4sport

07-21-2008

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bowl4sport a private message Print Post    
Joe Schmo Show, great. Liked it years ago. I guess in the photo Joe is the one whose face is blurred.

Sammi

03-31-2008

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
Rissa, this one was filmed in South Carolina, I think, or it could have been North Carolina, One of those two Carolina's. And, yes that was the name of it. I kinda liked it and know will watch again next Tuesday night.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 4:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Another example that there are no new ideas. LOLOL How many episodes will there be with the American one Sammi? The Cdn one (which was in turn a rip off of a British show of course) was 8. I enjoyed the first and the last but found the middle 6 was too much repetition. I got the feeling they were expecting a bunch of drama and incompetent fathers but of course men are more than capable of stepping up so there wasn't much.

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
Yamassee, S.C., population 1,000 the show The Week the Women left